Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

3.6

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

recruiter phone screen, Manager Phone interview, face to face interview. I posted online for multiple positions in my area, I interviewed over several months for different positions that I qualified for...I also had 3 different interview processes. I interviewed for one position and got to a face to face, but was not hired. Next, I was contacted to phone screen for another position, but did not progress in that process. Final position, I phone screened, then interviewed face to face and was ultimately offered the position. Received a verbal offer, then received a written offer. I accepted the offer electronically.

Interview Questions

• mostly star questions from interview guide, but also interviews not on the interview guide   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, group interview. STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• What would your peers say or how would they describe you after training?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview about 1.5 months later followed by a 1:1 with DM the next week. References, background check, driving history etc. a couple of weeks later together with field ride. Notification that a candidate had been chosen a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Standard STAR based questions. Nothing unusual or unexpected. Research the company and why you want to work for Pfizer and why they should hire you.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

Interview

Applied for the entry-level position through the website and was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone screening. About a week after that, I was contacted by the DM for a face-to-face interview. The process was fairly routine with the STAR format being used for all questions. Lack of pharmaceutical sales experience was brought up multiple times, which I felt was odd for an entry-level position.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Screen interview & flew me out to CO, which I assume was an end-of-year tax write-off for them. Was supposed to be a town car picking me up at the airport, which ended up being a mini van. During the f2f, the hiring manager said, "I wish you had more experience". Really? You couldn't have seen that on my resume? I then received an automated rejection email, and when I attempted to obtain feedback, they wouldn't give me any.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (Sarasota, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone screen to assess your sales ability

Interview Questions

• What are you analytical skills, and how to use the data?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in June 2011.

Interview

Have to submit/apply for positions through the company website, although current employees can recommend you and if you get hired, will receive a referral bonus. For the most part, the questions will are behavioral-based questions, looking for examples of times when you demonstrated a given behavior in the past. Questions are best answered in the "STAR" format (Situation-Task or Action-Result), so that you most efficiently and completely convey your experience. Listen to the question and answer the question being asked. Be prepared! Take initiative to learn about the position, talking to current employees or customers, this all shows interest and demonstrates that you do want the position. Be sure to ask for what you want at the conclusion of the interview, which means understand what the next step is and ask for to be a part of that. Follow-up quickly and specifically - email is good because it allows you to follow-up quickly, but you might also consider a hand-written note (in-addition to email).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set a goal for your self, but failed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary range is based on your experience. make sure your resume accurately depicts applicable experience.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pfizer in August 2010.

Interview

Normal pharma process, just tough to get in because of employees relocating that we're displaced.
    Network as much as possible and do as much homework as you can on the hiring manager and products.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for the interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Applied through a Monster.com posting and was contacted by a recruiting agency. There was one phone interview with recruiter who passed on the resume to the Pfizer District Manager. There was one thirty minute phone interview with the District Manager with basic background questions. Then there was a face to face interview with the District Manager held in a hotel conference room for an hour. This delved into hypothetical questions about how to be persuasive, and detailed questions on past projects and why I was interested in a sales position. They seemed to be most interested in past sales experience, which I was lacking.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pfizer (Jackson, MS) in October 2009.

Interview

Interviewing for entry-level sales position in the Southeast U.S. There appeared to be two full days of interviews of about 30 minutes each. The interviewer was an acquaintance from college and friend of my husband - which I thought might give me a leg up.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a normal day in this position.   1 Answer