Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.7

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2014.

Phone screen, group interview. STAR questions.

Interview Questions
  • What would your peers say or how would they describe you after training?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Applied online. Phone interview about 1.5 months later followed by a 1:1 with DM the next week. References, background check, driving history etc. a couple of weeks later together with field ride. Notification that a candidate had been chosen a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard STAR based questions. Nothing unusual or unexpected. Research the company and why you want to work for Pfizer and why they should hire you.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Applied for the entry-level position through the website and was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone screening. About a week after that, I was contacted by the DM for a face-to-face interview. The process was fairly routine with the STAR format being used for all questions. Lack of pharmaceutical sales experience was brought up multiple times, which I felt was odd for an entry-level position.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Screen interview & flew me out to CO, which I assume was an end-of-year tax write-off for them. Was supposed to be a town car picking me up at the airport, which ended up being a mini van. During the f2f, the hiring manager said, "I wish you had more experience". Really? You couldn't have seen that on my resume? I then received an automated rejection email, and when I attempted to obtain feedback, they wouldn't give me any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2013.

Phone screen to assess your sales ability

Interview Questions
    • What are you analytical skills, and how to use the data?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in June 2011.

Have to submit/apply for positions through the company website, although current employees can recommend you and if you get hired, will receive a referral bonus. For the most part, the questions will are behavioral-based questions, looking for examples of times when you demonstrated a given behavior in the past. Questions are best answered in the "STAR" format (Situation-Task or Action-Result), so that you most efficiently and completely convey your experience. Listen to the question and answer the question being asked. Be prepared! Take initiative to learn about the position, talking to current employees or customers, this all shows interest and demonstrates that you do want the position. Be sure to ask for what you want at the conclusion of the interview, which means understand what the next step is and ask for to be a part of that. Follow-up quickly and specifically - email is good because it allows you to follow-up quickly, but you might also consider a hand-written note (in-addition to email).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal for your self, but failed.   View Answer
    Salary range is based on your experience. make sure your resume accurately depicts applicable experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in December 2009.

Applied through a Monster.com posting and was contacted by a recruiting agency. There was one phone interview with recruiter who passed on the resume to the Pfizer District Manager. There was one thirty minute phone interview with the District Manager with basic background questions. Then there was a face to face interview with the District Manager held in a hotel conference room for an hour. This delved into hypothetical questions about how to be persuasive, and detailed questions on past projects and why I was interested in a sales position. They seemed to be most interested in past sales experience, which I was lacking.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pfizer in October 2009.

Interviewing for entry-level sales position in the Southeast U.S. There appeared to be two full days of interviews of about 30 minutes each. The interviewer was an acquaintance from college and friend of my husband - which I thought might give me a leg up.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe a normal day in this position.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Pfizer in September 2009.

Several phone screens, manager, then RM. If manager likes you , typically RM just a formality.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time"......when you made a difference in the company. your best accomplishment. ..   Answer Question
    I was happy to get what I got - 1st time in Pharma

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2009.

Used a recruiter specializing in JMO placements. Started off with a phone interview, then face to face which reviewd the phone interview answers and then went more into detail of employment background, why Pfizer? Interviewer seemed pre-occupied, smartphone on vibrate constantly was going off. Overall the DM was very professional, but seemed very up-tight.

Interview Questions
    • how would you go about accessing hard to see physicians   Answer Question
    • How have you over come adversity and how has it changed you?   Answer Question

Offer was given, chose to decline due to the current debacle the company is going through, weak pipeline, and sales force numbers have varied quite a bit over the pass 5 years

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!