Pfizer Professional Healthcare Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews. My first interview was a phone screen with the District Business Manager which lasted about 25 minutes. Two weeks later, I had a face-to-face interview over lunch with the District Business Manager and one of his counterparts. My final interview was with the Regional Sales Manager the following week. I received the verbal job offer a week and a half later and the written offer 3 days after that. Be VERY well prepared throughout the entire interview process. Pharmaceutical sales is a very competitive and difficult industry to get into so there's a lot of competition. You will be asked several behavioral questions. Make sure you share testimonials about how one of their prescription drugs has helped you or a relative and/or share testimonials of how Pfizer's over the counter medications have helped you feel better (i.e. Advil, Robitussin, Emergen-C, etc). Brag books are very important to reference during your interview. They help set you apart from other candidates and show a documented track record of success.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pfizer?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work in pharmaceutical sales?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone , dm, the with regional and dm and then called with offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me or your success..when asked if work success or personal...whAtever you want   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really they raised my salary from last company and was inline with exp., ect

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer (New York, NY) in November 2007.

Interview

First I had to pass a phone screen, that took about 20-30 minutes, with basic question. Then I interview with the District Manager for about an hour. I brought my brag book, and was sure to "close" the interview by asking for the job. I was invited to meet with the Regional manager after that. I have heard that you basically have the job if you make it that far. However, I did not take any chances and showed/told him everything I did with the previous manager. A few days later I got a call, and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes it's difficult to know when to quit. Can you tell me about an experience when you felt you persisted too long?   Answer Question
    • Often times, it is not easy to overcome a customer's objections. Tell me about a major sale that you lost because you were unable to overcome the customer's objective?   Answer Question

Negotiation

At that time, with my lack of experience I was not able to negotiate the salary.