Pfizer

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Pfizer.

Used the classic STAR interview method:Situation, Action, Result....

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a manager you worked for that you did not get along with?   Answer Question
N/A

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pfizer.

Three interviews; first phone, others face-to-face

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in September 2010.

Being a "drug rep" just ain't what it used to be. Eventually, sales reps will go the way of the horse and buggy for the most part. Specialty sales positions are where the industry is headed overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you weren't able to make the sale. What did you learn from it. Give me an example of how you applied that (what you learned) in a recent sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in October 2009.

Very intense interviews with local DM and his manager. I've never had such an intense interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal what would that be?   View Answer
    • Why have your numbers not consistently grown?   View Answer
    No, salary was not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in November 2008.

I went through a phone interview, and 3 1:1. They never called me back to let me know that I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in May 2008.

Initial phone interview was relatively standard. The next interview was an in person HR screen that was very quick, about a half hour. I was impressed by the quick response after each interview phase to schedule the next step. They never kept me waiting for more than two days. The third interview was with a regional manager. This interview was longer and was a behavioral interview, they wanted you to go into a detailed analysis of the situation you faced, action you took, and measurable results achieved. I was even asked if I had any documentation of achievements (I didn't, I was a senior in college so I really only had my transcripts). I noticed many of the other people interviewing at the office that day had binders with documentation their accomplishments. After that interview I was asked to wait (I sat in the waiting room for a half hour) and then was told that they would like me interview with the area manager/director over lunch. I agreed and went to lunch with him and another gentleman. The lunch was very enjoyable and relaxed, much less structured than the two hour interview I had had that morning. Afterwards I was told that my interview process had gone out of order and I would still need to ride along with a local representative as a formality. This was a long day but an important xperience. It opened by eyes of what day to day life as a pharma rep is like.

Interview Questions

Although I was offered the job, I choose to do sales for medical device company instead. A long series of short appointments with uninterested doctors was not my cup of tea. Performance metrics also seemed a relatively inaccurate and subjective way of quantifying performance.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in December 2011.

The manager asked a number of questions regarding my experience, performance, results, relationship building skills, territory management and business analysis.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pfizer in July 2011.

I like the people who took interview very kindly and gave time to explain my answers.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pfizer in January 2011.

I received a call from the Regional Office to set up an interview. The HR representative I spoke to was friendly and receptive to answering my questions about the process, etc. She set up a time for the following week for my interview. When I arrived, there was an interview in process. My interview was with the District Manager and a Specialty Sales Rep. The interview was about 45 minutes long and followed an outline the District Manager used to take notes on my answers. I was told they would make a decision within 2 days as there was a rush to fill the position. There was another candidate waiting to interview after mine. I did not hear back for about a week. I eventually got an email from the DM stating they had decided to go with another candidate.
    To prepare for the interview, be ready to give examples of specific work experiences. They will ask about conflict resolution, proactive actions, difficult situations, times you overcame obstacles, and achievements.

Interview Questions
    • Specific examples of a time I would have done things differently or was not successful.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pfizer in June 2010.

Panel style with question that really didn't involve the selling process. One week after the interview I received an offer, but had already accepted another job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations.