Pfizer

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Used the classic STAR interview method:Situation, Action, Result....

Interview Question – Tell me about a manager you worked for that you did not get along with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Westlake, TX

I applied in-person and interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Three interviews; first phone, others face-to-face

Interview Question – Nothing stood out.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in September 2010.

Interview Details – Being a "drug rep" just ain't what it used to be. Eventually, sales reps will go the way of the horse and buggy for the most part. Specialty sales positions are where the industry is headed overall.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you weren't able to make the sale. What did you learn from it. Give me an example of how you applied that (what you learned) in a recent sale.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very intense interviews with local DM and his manager. I've never had such an intense interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal what would that be?   View Answer
  • Why have your numbers not consistently grown?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, salary was not negotiable.

Harrisburg, PA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in November 2008.

Interview Details – I went through a phone interview, and 3 1:1. They never called me back to let me know that I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – They often use the STAR questions   View Answer

Annapolis, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in May 2008.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was relatively standard. The next interview was an in person HR screen that was very quick, about a half hour. I was impressed by the quick response after each interview phase to schedule the next step. They never kept me waiting for more than two days. The third interview was with a regional manager. This interview was longer and was a behavioral interview, they wanted you to go into a detailed analysis of the situation you faced, action you took, and measurable results achieved. I was even asked if I had any documentation of achievements (I didn't, I was a senior in college so I really only had my transcripts). I noticed many of the other people interviewing at the office that day had binders with documentation their accomplishments. After that interview I was asked to wait (I sat in the waiting room for a half hour) and then was told that they would like me interview with the area manager/director over lunch. I agreed and went to lunch with him and another gentleman. The lunch was very enjoyable and relaxed, much less structured than the two hour interview I had had that morning. Afterwards I was told that my interview process had gone out of order and I would still need to ride along with a local representative as a formality. This was a long day but an important xperience. It opened by eyes of what day to day life as a pharma rep is like.

Interview Question – How have you overcome a challenging situation?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although I was offered the job, I choose to do sales for medical device company instead. A long series of short appointments with uninterested doctors was not my cup of tea. Performance metrics also seemed a relatively inaccurate and subjective way of quantifying performance.

Chennai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer in July 2011.

Interview Details – I like the people who took interview very kindly and gave time to explain my answers.

Interview Questions

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer in December 2011.

Interview Details – The manager asked a number of questions regarding my experience, performance, results, relationship building skills, territory management and business analysis.

Interview Question – Why were you successful?   View Answer

Sales Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from the Regional Office to set up an interview. The HR representative I spoke to was friendly and receptive to answering my questions about the process, etc. She set up a time for the following week for my interview. When I arrived, there was an interview in process. My interview was with the District Manager and a Specialty Sales Rep. The interview was about 45 minutes long and followed an outline the District Manager used to take notes on my answers. I was told they would make a decision within 2 days as there was a rush to fill the position. There was another candidate waiting to interview after mine. I did not hear back for about a week. I eventually got an email from the DM stating they had decided to go with another candidate.
To prepare for the interview, be ready to give examples of specific work experiences. They will ask about conflict resolution, proactive actions, difficult situations, times you overcame obstacles, and achievements.

Interview Question – Specific examples of a time I would have done things differently or was not successful.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer in June 2010.

Interview Details – Panel style with question that really didn't involve the selling process. One week after the interview I received an offer, but had already accepted another job.

Interview Question – Describe something complicated in simple terms.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!