Pfizer

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details – Application followed by phone interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you've had in a team based setting?   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through posting on my school's career site; 1-2 weeks later I got a call from Pfizer's staffing partner company to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manger; had a 30-min phone interview with the manager; then an on-site visit (he told me more about the proposed project details, showed me around the lab and introduce me to his boss); got notification of offer the day after the on-site visit.

Interview Question – The hiring manager was very interested in the details of my previous research projects.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – -A better offer from a competitor company (more interesting science, better benefits)

South San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2013.

Interview Details – HR will call You and will schedule a meeting with the hiring manager. Then, after a slot confirmation, Hiring manager will contact You. The questions being asked will surround primarily around the Resume. Since, the position is not a specialized one and related to entry level student, the interview process is ought to be easy. However, please make sure that You know about each and every word You have mentioned on the Resume. If You are selected, then they will let You know pretty soon, however, after a wait of 2 weeks You can revet back to HR personnel for the update.

Interview Question – They didnt asked any difficult question, as the position is temporary.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Groton, CT

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details – Each individual department is responsible for hiring its own summer interns. The summer intern hiring process begins with submitting a resume into a general pool. What then happens is HR representatives will look over your experience and then forward your resume to the departments they think you will be able to contribute to. The departments will then contact you for a phone interview and then make their final decisions. The interview is usually conducted by whoever will be your direct manager.

The interview is mostly based on your resume with a few "fit" questions sprinkled in. It definitely seemed heavily focused on whether or not my past experience would enable me to contribute to the proposed intern project.

Interview Question – How do you think your experience working on [project xyz] will translate to our [proposed project]?   Answer Question

Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

Interview Details – I round of telephonic interview

Interview Question – few question being asked on technical skills   Answer Question

Summer Intern

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later. The lab manager just asked me a few questions about basic lab science (seemed like she just wanted to see if I paid any attention in class) and why I was interested in the position. It seemed like she was really busy because she was slow getting back to me, and even though I did great with all of her questions she said they decided to go with a local candidate instead.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience working with proteins, and what you've learned about how to handle them and any special considerations to keep in mind.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pfizer

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pfizer Summer Intern interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pfizer employees and interview candidates.