Pfizer Summer Intern Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer.

Application followed by phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a difficult situation you've had in a team based setting?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pfizer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in April 2013.

HR will call You and will schedule a meeting with the hiring manager. Then, after a slot confirmation, Hiring manager will contact You. The questions being asked will surround primarily around the Resume. Since, the position is not a specialized one and related to entry level student, the interview process is ought to be easy. However, please make sure that You know about each and every word You have mentioned on the Resume. If You are selected, then they will let You know pretty soon, however, after a wait of 2 weeks You can revet back to HR personnel for the update.

Interview Questions
    • They didnt asked any difficult question, as the position is temporary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in March 2013.

I applied through posting on my school's career site; 1-2 weeks later I got a call from Pfizer's staffing partner company to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manger; had a 30-min phone interview with the manager; then an on-site visit (he told me more about the proposed project details, showed me around the lab and introduce me to his boss); got notification of offer the day after the on-site visit.

Interview Questions
    • The hiring manager was very interested in the details of my previous research projects.   Answer Question

-A better offer from a competitor company (more interesting science, better benefits)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Groton, CT

Each individual department is responsible for hiring its own summer interns. The summer intern hiring process begins with submitting a resume into a general pool. What then happens is HR representatives will look over your experience and then forward your resume to the departments they think you will be able to contribute to. The departments will then contact you for a phone interview and then make their final decisions. The interview is usually conducted by whoever will be your direct manager.

The interview is mostly based on your resume with a few "fit" questions sprinkled in. It definitely seemed heavily focused on whether or not my past experience would enable me to contribute to the proposed intern project.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think your experience working on [project xyz] will translate to our [proposed project]?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

I round of telephonic interview

Summer Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Pfizer in April 2010.

I applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later. The lab manager just asked me a few questions about basic lab science (seemed like she just wanted to see if I paid any attention in class) and why I was interested in the position. It seemed like she was really busy because she was slow getting back to me, and even though I did great with all of her questions she said they decided to go with a local candidate instead.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience working with proteins, and what you've learned about how to handle them and any special considerations to keep in mind.   Answer Question