Phacil, Inc.

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

3.1

Proposal Writer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Phacil, Inc..

I applied online after finding it through a web search and was contacted two to three weeks later by a company recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. The recruiter was 15 minutes late to the call and spent most of the interview seemingly trying to dissuade me from wanting to work there; he described it as an extremely intense work atmosphere in which nearly everyone is Type A and the leadership shifts blame onto others for mistakes. After the interview, I was no longer terribly interested in the position but did not want to shut the door on it. I was contacted for a second interview, which I was unable to make due to prior travel arrangements, and I figured that was the end of it. The hiring managers then reached out personally to interview me and offered me the position on the spot. They seemed much more capable and friendly than I'd been warned, and I decided to accept the position.

Then approximately two weeks before I was going to move across the country to begin work, I received a call that the company no longer had the budget to hire any of the people they had, in fact, just hired.

Overall, the interview process, the hiring process, and the "unhiring" process were incredibly unprofessional and I feel as though I dodged a bullet here.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you received conflicting feedback from two supervisors?   Answer Question

Phacil, Inc. Response

Dec 13, 2014HR & Employee Relations

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are sorry the experience you had with your recruiter was not to the standard you expected. We have taken your comments and escalated them ... More

Writing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Phacil, Inc..

Initial contact was a fairly brief phone interview covering the usual questions- why I wanted to work for Phacil, why I thought I was well-qualified, etc.

Second interview was in-person, consisted of a brief (very pleasant) conversation with two higher-ups followed by a couple writing exercises. I can't give specific details about them, but they weren't particularly difficult. Then had a brief Q&A and the interview was over.

Interview Questions
    I was just happy to have an offer, didn't bother attempting to negotiate.

Release Manager Interview

I was an incumbent on a contract that Phacil won. I didn't really have an interview as the Government customer had recommended me as an employee they would like to see be retained on the new contract. It was a fast three day hiring process since the government awarded the contract late.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions. I did not have to go through a formal interview process.   Answer Question
    Simple and straightforward. I requested a salary, they countered and I accepted their counter offer.

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Phacil, Inc..

extensive telephone interview; create presentation addressing 4 HR issues; then in-person interview with CEO and director of recruiting via VTC

Technical Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Phacil, Inc..

Phone Interview followed up by in person interview

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any questions I couldn't answer based on my qualifications.   Answer Question
    The phase was not terribly difficult. It was done very professionally and ultimately satisfying.

SME Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Phacil, Inc. in August 2013.

This was a Face-to-Face interview with the Program Manager and Vice President. I thought the interview was direct and to the point. The interview went as I expected it would. I was not made uncomfortable or nervous.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Seemed to unexpected. I provided previous experience and how that was going to be incorporated into what I would be able to provide to my current job.   Answer Question
    They offered a salary/Benefits and I excepted.

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Phacil, Inc. in November 2012.

Phone interview for service desk position

Interview Questions
    • Question was asked do I like helping people that have computer problems, and what goals have I accomplished besides going to school   Answer Question
    talked on the phone and was only offered 35K to start

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Phacil, Inc. in September 2012.

Very complete asking pertinent questions as to experience. Also asked about team work and special project experience. Looking for real life challenges and solutions while looking for ITIL methodology to accomplish customers goals.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the last project you headed and the results.   View Answer
    I will pay you this and no room for negotiations.

BD/Writing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Phacil, Inc. in December 2011.

I was referred by a friend of mine who is currently employed at the Phacil HQ office. He loooves his job, though he did warn me it is demanding but very rewarding. He also warned me the interview process is tough so I was prepared. The recruiter also advised me that there would be a writing test during the interview. I met with the HR director and the EVP and they were both very upfront about both the challenges and opportunities. I like a good challenge so the tougher they described it, the more I liked it! It seems like the kind of place where hard work is rewarded and people move up quickly. (The lady at the front desk told me she was promoted twice in a year!) I can see why people would be turned off by how quickly they move or how honest they are, but I actually appreciated that. I thought the writing test would be easy but it was really hard and I didn't do as well as I had hoped. They called me back into the room afterward and asked me how I thought I did and I was honest and told them it wasn't great. They agreed :) but gave me some good pointers on why. I'm sad I wasn't picked but I would work for Phacil in a heartbeat given the chance. They've got their stuff together and I love that in this economy a company still cares about its employees and is growing! Oh well...

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Phacil, Inc. in October 2011.

Interview and screening process was done over the telephone. Then went into the Main Office in Arlington, Va for a series of four (4) interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult question .... The process was very professional .........   Answer Question
    Just ask for what you want.....