Pharmaceutical Product Development

www.ppdi.com

Pharmaceutical Product Development Assistant Scientist Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Middleton, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR rep after attending a PPD career fair. Once I arrived, I was interviewed by three people- the first was my potential supervisor, the second was a supervisor for a different team, and the third was their supervisor. The interview questions were all supposed to be answered in a three-part format: 1) What was the problem, 2) What actions did you take to solve the problem, 3) What was the result of your actions. When I deviated from this formula they asked me to re-word my answers in the required format.

Interview Question – What did you do when you encountered a problem you knew you could not solve?   Answer Question

Middleton, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in June 2010.

Interview Details – Targeted Selection Behavioral based interviewing. After initial phone screen by HR, they set up the onsite interview which was 3x45 minute sessions with 3 different managers of PPD. In labs, I was iterviewed by three differing group types: Small Molecule, Biopharm, and Micro. You should be clear on which group you are looking to go to. Once their decision is made, PPD Recruiter will contact to offer the position.

Interview Question – Not any if you prepare appropriately for the interview style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negociate.

Very Easy Interview

Middleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview Details – The hiring process is quite fast, and not overwhelming. The online application is just the right length, the phone screen is very informal, the actual interview is long (but recruiters are very friendly), and the job offer comes sooner than you expect. Make sure that if you get a 1:1 interview you prepare enough scenarios for behavioral questions, since you get interviewed by three different department heads.

Interview Question – These are typical behavioral questions, nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotible salary.

Assistant Scientist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview Details – 1. Initial Phone screen with recruiter. 2. Phone interview with another human resources person. A mix of technical questions based of experience listed on my resume and a few behavioral questions. 3. On-site interview with 3 different people. First interview was solely technical, based off of experiences listed on my resume. Second interview was a mix between behavioral and technical. Third interview was entirely behavioral. 4. Conference call between PPD staff and staff members that PPD was currently working for. Only asked technical questions.

Interview Question – Technical questions were basically asking me to walk through the steps of preforming an experiment and why you would preform said experiment. Behavioral questions are hard to prepare for since they can be about almost anything. Searching for examples on the internet is usually a good way to prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, compensation is stated in job posting.

Assistant Scientist

I applied online and interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening (15 minutes), On-site interview with 3 employees (~45 minutes each), never heard back from recruiter

Interview Question – Provide an example for when something didn't go your way. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Madison, WI

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in May 2012.

Interview Details – Great experience, interviewed with three people from department, many behavioral based questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had many tasks to complete and how you completed them?   View Answer

Assistant Scientist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview Details – Nice interviewers, however they looked busy and it seemed as if the interview was not planned they seem a bit disorganized.

Interview Question – How do you take accountability of your mistakes? Provide an example.
Walk me through one of your days and how you organize and prioritize daily tasks
  Answer Question

Worked for Pharmaceutical Product Development? Contribute to the Community!