Pharmaceutical Product Development

Updated May 29, 2014

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Applied online, contacted about phone screen two days later. On-site interview a week later consisted of three one on one 45 min interviews with group leaders and laboratory managers. Offered the job one week later.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. $16/hr for all associate scientist positions.

Other Interview Reviews for Pharmaceutical Product Development

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in February 2013.

I initially applied with a referral from a friend who currently works though, so I think that helped out in the interview process. But overall, I believe the process is very similar all through.

I applied online for the position right before Christmas. Immediately, I got a call from HR for an initial phone screen. This was a brief 20 min interview which just asked about my background and technical skills that were related to the position (if I knew HPLC, SDS-PAGE) and any other lab technics. Honestly, I've never used these machines, but I stated I was a fast learner and was eager to try new things. The HR person said they'll contact sometime after the holidays

I then had a phone interview with some of the program/hiring mangers from the on site group at King of Prussiaa week after New Years. This was basically and extended version of the first screen. They just asked about my self, my resume, my past experiences and my technical skills that would be relevant to the position. Additionally, there were some behavioral.

About a week later, I was invited to an onsite interview that happened 2 weeks after scheduling it. This was all behavioral, with 3-30min 1:1 interviews with the hiring managers. They were extremely nice, and it was very laid back. They kept saying that this part was just a formality, but it was a great chance to meet the people in charge.

I heard back about a week and a half later that I got the offer, but they only gave me a day to decide, and I defintely need more time.

Overall, it was nice experience. The HR contact was very nice and would always stay in contact throughout the process. The really expect that if you apply there, you are ready to work there right away, since they are a contractor group.

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time where you exceeded expectations / or when you had to exceed expectations?   Answer Question

When I got the offer over the phone, they literally told me I had A DAY to decide, and that my start date was in 2 weeks. Additionally, the offer is a little lower then I was expecting and nothing was negotiable.

All in all, I decided to choice another route and try other opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in August 2012.

The initial communication was through email followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview the in person interview included 3 people. The interview is definitely behavioral questions. They want specifics and how it pertains to you! It can get tiring because you meet with a few different people but you can work on your answers throughout the interview because it's all 1:1. The entire interview time length was about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Questions Included:

Tell me about a time you overcommitted yourself to your position?
      Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how it was resolved?
      When were you distracted and why?
      When have you made a mistake and how has that effected your work?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in April 2012.

I I had a phone interview, then an in-person interview. It was painless and the HR person was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in August 2011.

In my experience the process consisted of an initial phone screening, which was then followed by a day of in person interviews. The day of in-person interviews was comprised of solely situational questions, which I thought was a blessing as it was easy to prepare your answers and you could even improve upon them as the day progressed. The downside of this however, is that you end up getting asked the same 3 or 4 questions over and over again.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever encountered a problem or obstacle in your work? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

I did not want to move to Wayne, PA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in May 2011.

Know anything on your resume as they ask very detailed questions about procedures used. They were very nice on the phone and the on site interview. The initial person whom contacted me even gave me a heads up as to what to expect during the phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake that caused someone else to make a mistake, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

eclined because I could not go to NY for the training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in May 2011.

The company will not ask you about your experience whatsoever. I was barely asked anything about my resume. The interview style is "situational". They will ask you questions like, "What would you do in a situation where you saw a coworker do something scientifically unsound?" Basically, the interview is completely useless and you will get the job as long as you can put on a good show.

Interview Questions
    • None. This was one of the easiest and shortest interviews I ever had.   View Answer
    Yes, all I did was complain about the salary and I got an extra 10%.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in January 2008.

I was contacted via email by a recruited I had met at a college career fair and given my resume to. After a few weeks, I was telephoned by the company office administrator to set up a time for my interview, which lasted a couple of hours. I interviewed in two departments by several individuals in each, and was asked which department I would like to work in the most after touring the facility. I was offered the job by telephone a week or two later, at which time I accepted the job and returned on-site to obtain my paperwork for the drug screen required before employment could be considered official.

Interview Questions
    • What is your familiarity with ELISA assays and HPLC/GC?   View Answer
    They offer all associate scientists the same 16.00/hr salary, though some were offered a signing bonus, which I was not.

Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in March 2012.

3 one on one interviews and a phone interview

Interview Questions
    no negotiations. they tell you salaary before interview.