Pharmaceutical Product Development Interview Questions & Reviews

106 interviews

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middleton, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in June 2013.

3, 40 min interviews. Questions involved relating previous work and college experiences to the work atmosphere of PPD. The interviewer takes notes and passes them on. They do not necessarily need to be the one to hire you. If you fit the position in a different group you can be hired for that.

Contract Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Call back after submission of resume, phone screen, call back to set up F2F interview, panel style with several people in person and two on phone in conference room. Questions were about experience and situational. Lasted about an hour. Everyone was extremely friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • They ask they typical questions you get in an interview:

1 - give me a situation when...
      2 - strengths/weaknesses
      3 - why do you want to work here?
      4 - any questions for us?
        Answer Question
    Negotiation is just about nonexistent. Even with experience, it depends on who the hiring manager is and they don't often move much from initial offer to final offer.

Project Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

I spoke with a recruiter about the position on the phone and was very excited about going to the onsite 2.5 hour interview. The questions were quite intricate and initially a little overwhelming. I definitely had to think on my feet the whole time for situations to use for answering the questions but at the end I was really impressed by the people that interviewed me and my impression of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you confronted a coworker who was not doing what was in their job description, how you handled it, and what the results were.   Answer Question

Senior Clinical Project Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in July 2014.

HR at PPD contacted me via an online career website where my resume was located. The phone screen was set up in a week and i visited PPD HQ in NC a couple weeks later for the F2F interview.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario I was presented was a clinical trial in which there were issues with a couple countries in study approval/recruitment and i had to develop a risk management plan to get the country to enroll sooner before the enrollment period was over. The country had local issues with the protocol and had protocol questions so could not approve the protocol and could not enroll patients. I had to describe how i was going to get the country to approve the protocol and start enrolling patients ASAP. There was a data base lock coming up as well so that created data collection problems.   Answer Question

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Middleton, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Middleton, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in April 2014.

I was contacted by an HR rep after attending a PPD career fair. Once I arrived, I was interviewed by three people- the first was my potential supervisor, the second was a supervisor for a different team, and the third was their supervisor. The interview questions were all supposed to be answered in a three-part format: 1) What was the problem, 2) What actions did you take to solve the problem, 3) What was the result of your actions. When I deviated from this formula they asked me to re-word my answers in the required format.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you encountered a problem you knew you could not solve?   Answer Question

Clinical Review Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Applied online. Contacted by Human Resources for a general interview regarding qualifications and salary information. Following this call, I had a phone interview with the managers a couple of weeks later. The entire process took approximately 30 days.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions: Talk about a time when you exceeded expectations, talk about a time when you encountered a difficult situation with a co-worker and explain how you handled the situation. Multiple questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They knew my salary expectations and it was within their salary range for this position.

QA Auditor Interview

Question on communication, scientific background, working with others. Standard interview. Panel used as well as individual interviews. Tour of facilty, key personnel. Discussion on different labs and areas of the company.

Interview Questions
    Company inflexible on negotiations.

Associate Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Applied online, contacted about phone screen two days later. On-site interview a week later consisted of three one on one 45 min interviews with group leaders and laboratory managers. Offered the job one week later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. $16/hr for all associate scientist positions.

Manager, CDM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in November 2010.

Interview was four hours long. Talked with eight people. It was exhausting and stressful. After this initial interview did second interview via phone with dept VP. This was challenging due to lack of face to face contact.

Interview Questions
    • None, was well prepared. Questions asked were in line with job requirements, mgmt style and industry knowledge.   Answer Question
    Yes as I worked thru a recruiter. Got a sign on bonus too. Salary met my expectations.

Clinical Team Manager Interview

I applied and interviewed two weeks later. The process took a very long time. They took 2 months to get a final response after the onsite interview. The recruiter was friendly at first but ignored follow up emails later.

Interview Questions

Worked for Pharmaceutical Product Development? Contribute to the Community!