Pharmaceutical Product Development

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Clinical Project Manager Interview Interview

Senior Clinical Project Manager Interview
Wilmington, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in July 2014.

Interview Details – HR at PPD contacted me via an online career website where my resume was located. The phone screen was set up in a week and i visited PPD HQ in NC a couple weeks later for the F2F interview.

Interview Question – The scenario I was presented was a clinical trial in which there were issues with a couple countries in study approval/recruitment and i had to develop a risk management plan to get the country to enroll sooner before the enrollment period was over. The country had local issues with the protocol and had protocol questions so could not approve the protocol and could not enroll patients. I had to describe how i was going to get the country to approve the protocol and start enrolling patients ASAP. There was a data base lock coming up as well so that created data collection problems.   Answer Question

Assistant Scientist Interview

Assistant Scientist
Middleton, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR rep after attending a PPD career fair. Once I arrived, I was interviewed by three people- the first was my potential supervisor, the second was a supervisor for a different team, and the third was their supervisor. The interview questions were all supposed to be answered in a three-part format: 1) What was the problem, 2) What actions did you take to solve the problem, 3) What was the result of your actions. When I deviated from this formula they asked me to re-word my answers in the required format.

Interview Question – What did you do when you encountered a problem you knew you could not solve?   Answer Question

Clinical Review Specialist Interview

Clinical Review Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted by Human Resources for a general interview regarding qualifications and salary information. Following this call, I had a phone interview with the managers a couple of weeks later. The entire process took approximately 30 days.

Interview Question – Standard questions: Talk about a time when you exceeded expectations, talk about a time when you encountered a difficult situation with a co-worker and explain how you handled the situation. Multiple questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They knew my salary expectations and it was within their salary range for this position.

QA Auditor Interview

QA Auditor

Interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development

Interview Details – Question on communication, scientific background, working with others. Standard interview. Panel used as well as individual interviews. Tour of facilty, key personnel. Discussion on different labs and areas of the company.

Interview Question – Situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Company inflexible on negotiations.

Associate Scientist Interview

Associate Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview Details – Applied online, contacted about phone screen two days later. On-site interview a week later consisted of three one on one 45 min interviews with group leaders and laboratory managers. Offered the job one week later.

Interview Question – Nothing technical. All behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $16/hr for all associate scientist positions.

Manager, CDM Interview

Manager, CDM
Wilmington, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in November 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was four hours long. Talked with eight people. It was exhausting and stressful. After this initial interview did second interview via phone with dept VP. This was challenging due to lack of face to face contact.

Interview Question – None, was well prepared. Questions asked were in line with job requirements, mgmt style and industry knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes as I worked thru a recruiter. Got a sign on bonus too. Salary met my expectations.

Clinical Team Manager Interview

Clinical Team Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview Details – I applied and interviewed two weeks later. The process took a very long time. They took 2 months to get a final response after the onsite interview. The recruiter was friendly at first but ignored follow up emails later.

Interview Question – Did you interact well with your previous boss?   Answer Question

QA Auditor Interview

QA Auditor

I interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was an internal transfer candidate. I reached out to HR and once I reached the minimum time in my current position.

Interview Question – I was asked about a specific procedure on an instrument.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation since PPD severely underpays their employees because they are fortunate that there is no other employment option in the industry in the Madison, WI area.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Assistant Scientist
Middleton, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in June 2010.

Interview Details – Targeted Selection Behavioral based interviewing. After initial phone screen by HR, they set up the onsite interview which was 3x45 minute sessions with 3 different managers of PPD. In labs, I was iterviewed by three differing group types: Small Molecule, Biopharm, and Micro. You should be clear on which group you are looking to go to. Once their decision is made, PPD Recruiter will contact to offer the position.

Interview Question – Not any if you prepare appropriately for the interview style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negociate.

Project Assistant Interview

Project Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a week later I had a phone interview. The recruiter wasn't the nicest. I was actually pretty surprised she was a recruiter. After my phone screen, I had a 2.5 hour behavioral interview on site. The panel was as nice as could be. They knew the process was difficult and tried to ease it. After the interview, I waited and waited only to get a computer generated rejection. Shortly, after a position opened up that matched my qualifications. I e-mailed the recruiter and she never responded to me. I guess I was no longer worth her time.

Interview Question – Lots of "Tell me about a time" questions   Answer Question

Worked for Pharmaceutical Product Development? Contribute to the Community!