Pharmaceutical Product Development

www.ppdi.com

Pharmaceutical Product Development Project Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview Details – I spoke with a recruiter about the position on the phone and was very excited about going to the onsite 2.5 hour interview. The questions were quite intricate and initially a little overwhelming. I definitely had to think on my feet the whole time for situations to use for answering the questions but at the end I was really impressed by the people that interviewed me and my impression of the company.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you confronted a coworker who was not doing what was in their job description, how you handled it, and what the results were.   Answer Question

Project Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a week later I had a phone interview. The recruiter wasn't the nicest. I was actually pretty surprised she was a recruiter. After my phone screen, I had a 2.5 hour behavioral interview on site. The panel was as nice as could be. They knew the process was difficult and tried to ease it. After the interview, I waited and waited only to get a computer generated rejection. Shortly, after a position opened up that matched my qualifications. I e-mailed the recruiter and she never responded to me. I guess I was no longer worth her time.

Interview Question – Lots of "Tell me about a time" questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development

Interview Details – Received a phone screen and it was pretty informal. Nothing to fret over. The interview was scheduled within a week. Typical behavioral interview with three people, environment was pretty relaxed, but you do have you know your past situations in detail.

Interview Question – Answering the questions in detail.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development

Interview Details – Three person interview. A lot of the questions are behavior based. Be prepared to have complete examples of previous experiences.

Interview Question – Most difficult was the phone interview because you don't see the interviewer.   Answer Question

Morrisville, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screening by a recruiter.

"Why do you want to work here?"

Phone interview
 Recruiter asked 3 questions. I honestly dont remember what they were.

Next face to face with 3 different people asking behavioral questions.

"How do you handle difficult people?"
" How do you organize and prioritize projects?"
"How do you keep from losing your temper?"
"We have all let something (a task)fall by the wayside. How did you handle that situation?"

Plenty of other questions too. Face to face was about 2 hours.
Large dark building. I noticed absolutely no one smiled when I walked in. Not.one.person.
Rows of small dark cubicles eerily quiet for middle of the day. As I passed by, 3 intense looking middle aged women never acknowledged me or smiled back when I offered mine. Seems like a VERY serious office.

Interview Questions

Morrisville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by three ladies. All of them asked me a bunch of normal interview questions. On e thing I asked each of the ladies to tell me was what did they like about the company. One of the ladies told me that she like that if an employee has suggestions about a better way to do things that they are open to those suggestions and that the are took into consideration. She also like the benefits and the stability of the company. The second lady told me that she likes the benfits. The thired lady never answered the question.

Interview Questions

• When you have a heavy workload how do you prioritize the work to meet dead lines?   View Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in five years?   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in January 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with three people, all in one day. The interview lasted for about three hours.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your other job   Answer Question

Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in January 2013.

Interview Details – The HR Specialist appreciated my level of English and that I was well informed about PPD which is what I strongly recommend. Also, I recommend to prepare questions about the position. If you are overqualified for the job, do not elaborate on skills that do not relate to the job.

Interview Question – Related to how I organize messages in Outlook. I later sent an email with an additional more detailed answer which was very much appreciated.   View Answer

Project Assistant
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in March 2012.

Interview Details – Objective, english test and 1:1 with the manager

Interview Question – The most challenging task that you have ever faced?   Answer Question

Project Assistant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in June 2010.

Interview Details – Began with a phone interview with the Hiring Recruiter on the East Coast. Then was asked to take an online skills test which while I can see the value in it unfortunatley was based on an outdated Microsoft Office Suite and therefore lead to some simple errors. It was a group of 4 1:1 interviews with behavioral style questions. The team was very kind, understanding, and willing to work with me during the interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time you were scared to do so but took the initiative to go above and beyond your normal job duties.   Answer Question

Worked for Pharmaceutical Product Development? Contribute to the Community!