Pharmaceutical Product Development

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in August 2014.

Recruiter sent me an e-mail detailing their interest in me and wanted to schedule an on-site interview for that following week. I was then sent an agenda for the 2 hour interview. I met with the recruiter first, then 3 separate interviews with members of the department I was interviewing in. PPD uses a targeted selection-style interview format...alot of "What would you do if...", and some questions were about the past experiences you've had professionally. I faced a few repeated questions in the three separate interviews, so I definitely found myself repeating experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer who had unrealistic expectations...   Answer Question

Senior Clinical Project Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in July 2014.

HR at PPD contacted me via an online career website where my resume was located. The phone screen was set up in a week and i visited PPD HQ in NC a couple weeks later for the F2F interview.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario I was presented was a clinical trial in which there were issues with a couple countries in study approval/recruitment and i had to develop a risk management plan to get the country to enroll sooner before the enrollment period was over. The country had local issues with the protocol and had protocol questions so could not approve the protocol and could not enroll patients. I had to describe how i was going to get the country to approve the protocol and start enrolling patients ASAP. There was a data base lock coming up as well so that created data collection problems.   Answer Question

Safety Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

You have to apply online many many times just to get a phone call. I received a quick phone call to set up an in person interview. I was interviewed for an hour with multiple scenarios presented to me. You need to be confident and have a good idea of the clinical research organization process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you implemented something and it did not work.   Answer Question
    I countered their initial offer and got about $500 more per year but they were strict on their salary requirements.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Applied online through school job board. Contacted via email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went well, asked about technology and team work. Sent another email by the recruiter to setup in person interview. Interviewed by several different employees within that department, all at different times. They asked about my resume and where I wanted to be in five years.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development.

Interview was scheduled fast; no issues. Interviewers asked basic questions, nothing special. Many unnecessary question (they had script). Given topic to present. Was very easy and I cannot see what they gained from that.

Principal Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in June 2012.

Very long and intense interview. Met with several different interviewers over 3-4 hours total. Situational interview questions used and very specific and detailed answers required. Interviewers primarily ask questions and do not provide any supplemental information regarding the position. Feedback was quick but offer was below industry average for pay. Very challenging interview process for average offer at best.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, questions are very specific and responses are required to be very detailed and thorough.   Answer Question

Salary

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in May 2012.

The first interview was a phone interview with HR. Then a brief interview with the hiring manager a few weeks later. This was followed by a face to face interview with the hiring manager and others that I would work with (including UK colleague).

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Pretty standard situational questions.   Answer Question

Other offer.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in January 2011.

It starts with a phone interview for screening. If you pass, you take TWO skills tests: one for medical terminology and one for computer skills. They are not as straightforward as you think and are designed so nobody gets 100%. One I passed those, I was flown to corp HQ for a series of in-person interviews. I was not impressed, they were NOT well organized. The staff was nice enough but they low-balled the title and the offer, which if you know PPD you can pretty much expect.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had a boss that was a micro-manager? How did you deal with that?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you had a problem site. What was the problem? How did you identify it? How did you solve it?   View Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in January 2011.

Interviewed by the team and the team leader one by one.....took most of the morning

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with budgeting before?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development in January 2011.

Interviewed 2 times

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work with no supervision   View Answer