Pharmaceutical Product Development Interview Questions in Wilmington, NC

Updated Jun 17, 2015

3.1

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

wasteful, disorganized
    Interviewers were completely unprepared
    Scheduling was difficult
    Interviewers were unprofessional and more interested in asking personal questions rather than job related questions
    Interview locations were inadequate- improvised and noisy

Interview experience seemed like from a small mom and pop shop, not from a billion dollar company

Interview Questions

• previous or curent employer   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

There were several persons on the panel. Questions were asked about my experience, what I liked about the past jobs, what I didn't like and how I would handle a stressful situations. They asked if I had any questions for them.

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted via recruiter for permanent position- had behavior phone screen on topics on deviations/ drug acct/ issues. I was sent the subjects from Hr. I received an email for face to face interview in NC. I was interviewed by Sr clinical line manager and line manager. Both interviews were behavior style question printed from interview. Situation action results.

Interview Questions

• They wanted real examples of
      Time management situations
      Problems at a site
      Communication with a site
      Many questions on problems at the site how you handled it. Each interviewer asked about 8-10 questions..

Answer Question

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

Recruiter sent me an e-mail detailing their interest in me and wanted to schedule an on-site interview for that following week. I was then sent an agenda for the 2 hour interview. I met with the recruiter first, then 3 separate interviews with members of the department I was interviewing in. PPD uses a targeted selection-style interview format...alot of "What would you do if...", and some questions were about the past experiences you've had professionally. I faced a few repeated questions in the three separate interviews, so I definitely found myself repeating experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer who had unrealistic expectations...   Answer Question

Senior Clinical Project Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

HR at PPD contacted me via an online career website where my resume was located. The phone screen was set up in a week and i visited PPD HQ in NC a couple weeks later for the F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• The scenario I was presented was a clinical trial in which there were issues with a couple countries in study approval/recruitment and i had to develop a risk management plan to get the country to enroll sooner before the enrollment period was over. The country had local issues with the protocol and had protocol questions so could not approve the protocol and could not enroll patients. I had to describe how i was going to get the country to approve the protocol and start enrolling patients ASAP. There was a data base lock coming up as well so that created data collection problems.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Very well-organized; timely agenda and process; best experience ever in this regard. Phone interview, followed by 1:1 in person, followed by panel interview. Two weeks total process. Background check and drug screen required. Very professional and all correspondence was timely, as promised and everyone was very prepared, friendly, and welcoming. I really enjoy being at PPD and the quality of people there is above average.

Safety Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

You have to apply online many many times just to get a phone call. I received a quick phone call to set up an in person interview. I was interviewed for an hour with multiple scenarios presented to me. You need to be confident and have a good idea of the clinical research organization process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you implemented something and it did not work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered their initial offer and got about $500 more per year but they were strict on their salary requirements.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Applied online through school job board. Contacted via email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went well, asked about technology and team work. Sent another email by the recruiter to setup in person interview. Interviewed by several different employees within that department, all at different times. They asked about my resume and where I wanted to be in five years.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Interview was scheduled fast; no issues. Interviewers asked basic questions, nothing special. Many unnecessary question (they had script). Given topic to present. Was very easy and I cannot see what they gained from that.

Negotiation

Principal Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pharmaceutical Product Development (Wilmington, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

Very long and intense interview. Met with several different interviewers over 3-4 hours total. Situational interview questions used and very specific and detailed answers required. Interviewers primarily ask questions and do not provide any supplemental information regarding the position. Feedback was quick but offer was below industry average for pay. Very challenging interview process for average offer at best.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, questions are very specific and responses are required to be very detailed and thorough.   Answer Question

Salary