Pharmacyclics

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Pharmacyclics.

Interview Details – It is a joke with this company. they all should be trained to first identify what they want rather than train their current employees by giving them a chance to interview the candidate; One of the interviewer has written almost 20 questions for 30 min interview time and all these were just jotted down straight from Google with no coherence nor relevance to the position

Very Easy Interview

Director Level Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pharmacyclics.

Interview Details – A total joke. Getting hired at this company is a breeze. A series of 1:1 interviews with folks who didnt have a clue. Their name in the industry is so bad at this point, that they hire anyone who is dumb enough to go there. Also down the road allpromotion/demotions totally unchecked.

Interview Question – All a joke   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was lied to about comp. Everyone is unethical.

Clinical Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Pharmacyclics.

Interview Details – interviewed by 7 people over 6 hours - no lunch break or offer, which made sense when I found out there was no cafeteria - still a long time to go without eating. It was clear that only one person had any idea what I did and how it would fit in with their role.

Interview Question – none difficult - especially since my role is specialized and interviewers were not knowledgeable   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Management Position Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pharmacyclics.

Interview Details – One of the easiest interviews I've ever been on. The hiring manager had absolutely no idea how to interview candidates and was obviously not prepared. There was not much substance beyond the usual "walk me through your background" question. The process consisted of one phone screen and a three-hour block of interviews with various people in the department. I thought it was rude how they made me wait (each interviewer arrived at least 20 minutes late and one person was a no-show, so I ended up sitting in an empty office for 45 minutes with my little dixie cup of water).

In retrospect, I should have been more wary because the experience left me feeling like this was a company run by amateurs who were so busy they couldn't even take the time to properly interview someone. I really should have listened to my gut and declined the offer, but I was dumb enough to accept because I needed a job. Big mistake!

Interview Question – None - all questions were standard fare, nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was simple but there was zero flexibility. You either take the offer or leave.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pharmacyclics in October 2012.

Interview Details – My resume submitted by someone I know already working there, contacted by HR and set up interview. Interviewed by others at same level and with management. Offered position. Process moved quickly. Mostly asked about my skills that would pertain to the job and how I would act in certain scenarios, or have handled those issues in past.

Interview Question – Didn't find any questions difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer came in a bit lower than I wanted, was able to negotiate for a little more. Was told that this company is good at rewarding employees, to just prove myself and I would most likely be bumped up. I've been here about 6 months, and that has already happened.

Human Resources Leader Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pharmacyclics.

Interview Details – Multiple on-site interviews, and was told by everyone I met "I think you're great". And then....no decision. I followed up with HR contractor. No response. Nada. Nil. Zilch. I followed up directly with people I met. Same thing. No response.

In the end, I was left with a very bad impression. Rude. Unprofessional. Oh, and I was an employee referral candidate.

Interview Question – None. They were all very generic.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pharmacyclics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pharmacyclics interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pharmacyclics employees and interview candidates.