Pharmacyclics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.5

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Pharmacyclics.

30 minutes per interviewer. There were two rounds. Questions were relevant to the job. Some situational and some behavioral. Questions were about previous employer and the stuff I like best. Young girl was a flirt and made me want the next level to be

Here is the offer, take or leave.

Publications Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmacyclics.

I had two phone interviews, one with the hiring manager and one with a supervisor. I was invited to come for an in person interview, but during the application and interview process, the job conditions changed twice from what was originally posted. I declined the in person interview due to the multiple changes surrounding the job and that I was told I would have to 'hit the ground running' and not receive any training.

Interview Questions
    • Questions how I would handle interpersonal communications with non-compliant individuals.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pharmacyclics in April 2014.

Had a phone interviewed scheduled on a Wednesday, however got the call on Tuesday morning. Was driving at the time and not able to talk at length. Asked if I can rescheduled for later that day, but was told no because he would not be available. Continued with the phone interview but did not think I did my best.

Next interview was scheduled face to face, however, the first person was from HR was late because they were not informed of the interview.

Bottomline: a 2 hour interview went over by 2 hours because no one was informed of the schedule.
    Who schedules the interviews needs to be replaced with someone who has basic skills to communicate timely to appropriate parties.

Interview Questions
    • Basic question why I want to work here, other than that not very insightful   Answer Question

Liked the hiring manager, but choose not to take the job. Too unorganized and disfunctionable for me.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pharmacyclics.

It is a joke with this company. they all should be trained to first identify what they want rather than train their current employees by giving them a chance to interview the candidate; One of the interviewer has written almost 20 questions for 30 min interview time and all these were just jotted down straight from Google with no coherence nor relevance to the position

Director Level Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pharmacyclics.

A total joke. Getting hired at this company is a breeze. A series of 1:1 interviews with folks who didnt have a clue. Their name in the industry is so bad at this point, that they hire anyone who is dumb enough to go there. Also down the road allpromotion/demotions totally unchecked.

Interview Questions
    I was lied to about comp. Everyone is unethical.

Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pharmacyclics in March 2014.

The interview processes started out great, then declined.

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was very friendly and nice. He had HR contact me to bring me in the following week.

The following week I came at 10am for a 5 hour interview. I was supposed to meet with the HR person for the first half hour, but she was not able to be reached. She finally showed up 25 minutes late, but was apologetic. The rest of the day went fine. I had 9 - 30 minute interviews that were usually 1:1, and some with 2 people. Everyone kept telling me how tired they were from working so much. The last person had a computerized test that was difficult and I could not focus because they asked me questions as I was taking the test. It seems it would be more efficient to do a panel interview.

In about a week I received an email from HR asking me to come in again. I was upset because the job title had been demoted but no explanation or even notification was provided. I wrote and asked the reason and was told that they thought I better fit a lower level and I could speak to the hiring manager if I wanted. I asked to but was never contacted. I came in anyways for the 2nd round of in person interviews.

At the second round a different HR person was in charge, they were also no where to be found, and I was sitting in the lobby for 30 minutes waiting with no information. Finally I was taken in to meet with the first person who was not aware that I was coming and was in another meeting. I did end up meeting with both the individuals. They did not ask any real questions, just why I wanted the job. They were fine.

I never heard anything from them again. I believe I implied that I did not really want to work there and that is probably why, but it would have been nice to hear something as I wrote the interviewers to thank them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, but the computerized test was difficult.   Answer Question

Clinical Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Pharmacyclics.

interviewed by 7 people over 6 hours - no lunch break or offer, which made sense when I found out there was no cafeteria - still a long time to go without eating. It was clear that only one person had any idea what I did and how it would fit in with their role.

Interview Questions
    • none difficult - especially since my role is specialized and interviewers were not knowledgeable   Answer Question

Management Position Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pharmacyclics.

One of the easiest interviews I've ever been on. The hiring manager had absolutely no idea how to interview candidates and was obviously not prepared. There was not much substance beyond the usual "walk me through your background" question. The process consisted of one phone screen and a three-hour block of interviews with various people in the department. I thought it was rude how they made me wait (each interviewer arrived at least 20 minutes late and one person was a no-show, so I ended up sitting in an empty office for 45 minutes with my little dixie cup of water).

In retrospect, I should have been more wary because the experience left me feeling like this was a company run by amateurs who were so busy they couldn't even take the time to properly interview someone. I really should have listened to my gut and declined the offer, but I was dumb enough to accept because I needed a job. Big mistake!

Interview Questions
    • None - all questions were standard fare, nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question
    It was simple but there was zero flexibility. You either take the offer or leave.

Human Resources Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pharmacyclics.

Multiple on-site interviews, and was told by everyone I met "I think you're great". And then....no decision. I followed up with HR contractor. No response. Nada. Nil. Zilch. I followed up directly with people I met. Same thing. No response.

In the end, I was left with a very bad impression. Rude. Unprofessional. Oh, and I was an employee referral candidate.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pharmacyclics in October 2012.

My resume submitted by someone I know already working there, contacted by HR and set up interview. Interviewed by others at same level and with management. Offered position. Process moved quickly. Mostly asked about my skills that would pertain to the job and how I would act in certain scenarios, or have handled those issues in past.

Interview Questions
    Offer came in a bit lower than I wanted, was able to negotiate for a little more. Was told that this company is good at rewarding employees, to just prove myself and I would most likely be bumped up. I've been here about 6 months, and that has already happened.