Pheaa

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pheaa

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pheaa in September 2013.

the process was good they tell you all the benefits of working there/

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pheaa in August 2013.

Hiring and interview process is pretty straight forward. Be aware that even if you are hired you still have to obtain federal clearances and go through an interview with a federal reviewer if there are any questions. This can happen up to 6 mos. after your start date and if you don't pass you'll lose the job. Also, there is a 6-8 week training class and if you fail any of the 3 tests, you're let go. So interviews and hiring are pretty brisk as there is a high turnover. Attendance is ultra strict including late returning from breaks -this too can result in being let go.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   View Answer
    No negotiation - the hourly salary they offer on the job posting is it, same for everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pheaa in August 2013.

Basic interview. explained all job duties. explained the high stress factor

no negotiation

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pheaa in September 2012.

80% of the employees there are Penn State students that work part-time. When I arrrived for the interview, there was a large sign out on the sidewalk advertising walk-in interviews. I knew then & there that they had a huge turnover problem. Interview went well..not really any suprise questions. Asked about the turnover rate..was told 30-40%

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate...after working there for awhile, I realize that there probably would not have been any attempt of negotiation on their part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pheaa in September 2012.

Basic interview 101. The questions were rudimentary and 'by the book.' However, there is no designated hiring manager for the asset maintenance department. You will be interviewed by the manager who ends up managing your team. Interviews could vary on the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very basic. Just prepare for generic questions and remember to present yourself in the most positive light at all times.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pheaa in January 2012.

I don't remember a lot from my interview. I do know that I was hired from a temp agency - direct hire. I had to take an online assessment, I aced that. I then had my face to face interview. Nothing was to difficult, just normal questions. Experience in customer service, name a time you went above and beyond the call of duty to get your job done, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make/prepare a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   Answer Question
    there was none...

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pheaa in September 2010.

I did my interview with a couple of good dudes. They were relaxed people who just wanted to learn about me and my past. No pressure.

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. Hourly pay.

Loan Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pheaa.

Apply online and upload resume and answer questions. If interested you will be contacted for a brief phone interview. If that and a brief background check (criminal and credit) are passed you will be contacted for an in-person interview. The atmosphere is business casual and you will meet in a side room off of the "floor" so you can see the cubicle farm. People decorate their cubes so it is a little personalized. No talking, just everyone on headsets taking calls so you see what is expected. Many of the interviews are done by the Trainers. Very personable, very honest about what the job entails and is expected as well as salary and shifts. If hired you will attend 1 day of orientation and 1 day where you fill out paperwork for Federal Clearances (the student loans are property of Fed Govt) which entails neighbors, employers for past 7 yrs being interviewed, credit, driving, criminal history investigated. This can take up to 6 mos before you get your interview with the Federal investigator. Theoretically you can be let go if they find something out that isn't good.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich".   View Answer
    No negotiation. They told you the salary, shifts, and benefits at the interview.