Pheaa Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pheaa

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pheaa (Pitts, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was very lengthy for a job that pays 11.00 an hour. Interviewers had flat personalities, very hard to read. uptight and did not make me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were very good, mostly behavioral, so be prepared to elaborate, on situations where you experienced good customer service, a time when you made a good or bad decision with a customer and how you resolved. How you have handled an unhappy customer in the past and what you would do going forward. If someone called and was given three different answers how would you handle? Have you ever made a bad decision with a client and how you handled   2 Answers

Loan Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pheaa in January 2015.

Interview

Overall, it was a smooth process. I applied for the position online on a Friday. I was contacted by the human resource department the next business day. I was given the job description in more detail and asked a series of questions. From there, I was scheduled for an interview at the location the next week. The interviewer was very welcoming and asked general questions such as, "describe a time when you have administered great customer service." I was told I will know if I was selected for the job by next week after running a background check. However, I got a call 3 hours later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to solve a simple math word problem to evaluate how you perform under pressure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pheaa (State College, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very informal compared to various other interviews that I have had in the past. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes and all of the questions were very straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pheaa (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

the process was good they tell you all the benefits of working there/

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pheaa (Mechanicsburg, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is pretty straight forward. Be aware that even if you are hired you still have to obtain federal clearances and go through an interview with a federal reviewer if there are any questions. This can happen up to 6 mos. after your start date and if you don't pass you'll lose the job. Also, there is a 6-8 week training class and if you fail any of the 3 tests, you're let go. So interviews and hiring are pretty brisk as there is a high turnover. Attendance is ultra strict including late returning from breaks -this too can result in being let go.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - the hourly salary they offer on the job posting is it, same for everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pheaa (Harrisburg, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Basic interview. explained all job duties. explained the high stress factor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pheaa (State College, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

80% of the employees there are Penn State students that work part-time. When I arrrived for the interview, there was a large sign out on the sidewalk advertising walk-in interviews. I knew then & there that they had a huge turnover problem. Interview went well..not really any suprise questions. Asked about the turnover rate..was told 30-40%

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate...after working there for awhile, I realize that there probably would not have been any attempt of negotiation on their part.

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pheaa (Harrisburg, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Basic interview 101. The questions were rudimentary and 'by the book.' However, there is no designated hiring manager for the asset maintenance department. You will be interviewed by the manager who ends up managing your team. Interviews could vary on the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all very basic. Just prepare for generic questions and remember to present yourself in the most positive light at all times.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pheaa (Mechanicsburg, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

I don't remember a lot from my interview. I do know that I was hired from a temp agency - direct hire. I had to take an online assessment, I aced that. I then had my face to face interview. Nothing was to difficult, just normal questions. Experience in customer service, name a time you went above and beyond the call of duty to get your job done, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you make/prepare a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none...

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pheaa (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Two person interview with a 20 plus question agenda touching on relevant experience for the position. Mix of personality and professional history questions revolving around abilities, desire, etc. Additionally was given a tour of facility and other benefit.

Interview Questions

• What interested me in the role?   1 Answer