Philadelphia Housing Authority

Philadelphia Housing Authority Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Philadelphia Housing Authority

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philadelphia Housing Authority.

Why do you want to work for PHA?
    Future plans

non negotiable

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philadelphia Housing Authority in October 2009.

The job sounded a lot more interesting during the interview. The real job was nothing like described.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Management Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Philadelphia Housing Authority in June 2009.

Lacked structure in the interviewing process. Hiring decision was based on short term needs and ability to personally connect to the interviewer

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to serve a similar community   View Answer
    Limited. I threw a high salary request and it was accepted without any negotiations.

Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philadelphia Housing Authority in July 2008.

PHA is very driven toward getting the most qualified individuals. I started off as an intern through the internship program. The interviewer (Recruiter) was pretty much trying to determine my work ethic and ability to multi-task. Being as though I consider myself a workaholic, I think thats the reason why I was called back. About a week after the interview, I was offered the job. I accepted and worked my way up from intern to Asset Manager over the course of 3 years.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background and how that impacted your ability as an employee?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase laid out the salary and benefits, and at that point you could either accept the package as-is or decline and be rejected from interview pool. In my case there was no need for me to negotiate salary because I was an entry-level applicant.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philadelphia Housing Authority in January 2008.

Had to meet with a panel of upper management.

There was no negotiation