Philip Morris International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

Intern Interview

Interview

One phone interview; about 30 minutes. In person interview at the NYC headquarters with a group of candidates; interview lasted all day long. Went through various exercises and interviews with about 6 different people, all the while being scored by a group of about 20 people. Went in for a third 2 on one interview with the specific department I wanted to work with.

Interview Questions

• Create a marketing plan; convince the other people in your group to go along with your plan.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

First and second round Skype interviews with HR and marketing professionals. The people I Interviewed with were very kind, and the process was overall very pleasant. First round with an HR person remains more qualitative and second round with product manager goes into a bit more technicalities but nothing too complex.

Interview Questions

• What are your most dominant strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Process Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

Director Operations

Interview Questions

• How to involve each employee in applying the new techniques specifically   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Houston, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

Phone and in person panel interview

Negotiation

No opportunity to negotiate

INKOMPASS Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

First step - shl tests (verbal and numerical) Second step - assessment center during the whole day. The activities were mixed in different order but remained the same - three consecutive 1 on 1 interviews each lasting 10 min., personal case to solve in 45 min, group case with 3 of your teammates and a big case to launch a product which you solve in a team of 7-8 people. The assesment lasts from 9 to 5 so be prepared to work through the whole day. All employees were very friendly and positive so it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation when you were asked to do a job which you had no idea how to do. How did you manage it?   Answer Question
    • In an argument with your colleague you cannot come to an agreement. What would you do?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Lausanne (Switzerland)).

Interview

It depends. If you are referred by someone in a senior position you are more likely to go through a smooth process. If not, you will be interviewing around 2 to 3 people in increasing seniority (HR, your Boss, and your Boss's boss)

Interview Questions

• Are you mobile? (always answer yes even if you are not)   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neuchâtel (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Neuchâtel (Switzerland)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online on their career website where I could submit a cover letter, a CV and other documents supporting my application. Two weeks later, I had a face-to-face interview at their premises with the recruiting manager and an HR representative. The interview was very relaxed but well structured around rather conventional questions. There were no questions that were really unexpected or purposely mean. Overall, I always felt very comfortable and the atmosphere was pleasantly professional. The whole process took around 1.5 h, after which it took around 2 weeks for them to make me an offer that matched my salary expectations. Based on the benefits package and salary, I did not negotiate the contract that was offered to me and I signed in the days that followed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)) in May 2015.

Interview

Before the actual assessment, a preliminary interview was done at a coffee shop. The interview started with the usual "tell us something about yourself" and branched to different topics depending on what you have said or from the contents in your resume. During the actual assessment, we had 5 interviews of 5 minutes each, focusing on different personal aspects of the interviewee. Aside from the interviews, the assessment also had 2 round-table discussions and 1 individual exercise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had a strong opinion you won't ever give up on.   Answer Question

Summer Sales Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

I was given an employee referral and I didn't have to worry much about the overall interview. The overall process took a couple months but school kept me preoccupied. I don't know what else to say.

Manager Commercial Interview

Application

Interview

Interview Process was lengthy. questions came from 4 different highly skilled Interviewers One must be fully ready, confident and Honest as PMI is a lifetime opportunity that every applicant should consider Be smart in Salary and Benefits Negotiations. If you are confident of your portfolio and can reflect a BIG value to PMI you can easily be rewarded with Outstanding Packages.