Philip Morris International Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.1

Process Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Director Operations

Interview Questions
    • How to involve each employee in applying the new techniques specifically   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Philip Morris International in June 2008.

Phone and in person panel interview

No opportunity to negotiate

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Neuchâtel (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neuchâtel (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris International in September 2014.

- Applied online with the standard application package (CV, cover letter, certificates)
    - Received a first phone call 1 month later to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter
    - Had a standard phone interview with a recruiter 1 day after
    - Was invited for the one-on-one interview 2 days later
    - Got the job offer 2 days later, which I accepted

The delay between the application submission and the first phone call can be attributed to the summer holidays. Otherwise, the process was smooth, organised, and very professional. The job they offered me was a 6-month contract with the possibility to be extended based upon my performance. I had a very good feeling with the recruiting staffs and the company looked great. The working conditions they can offer are outstanding and it was a no-brainer for me when they gave me the job.

Although I was prepared, the pace at which the recruiting process happened after one month of silence surprised me a little, so I was somehow caught off-guard. It was however a very good test for me, which I apparently passed as they gave me the job. My advice is therefore to be ready and alert because this employer is very reactive when there is a need!

Interview Questions
    • I did not have to answer very technical questions during the interviews, but rather standard motivation, CV, and behavioural questions in order to drill deeper into the reasons why I applied and if I would fit there. The technical part would then be learned on the job with the team of experienced professionals. My advice is then to stick to what you are without playing any role. Should this be the right opportunity for you, you would feel it right away!   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation whatsoever, but the overall package they offered me was really good. Hence, I accepted without thinking for very long.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris International in August 2014.

Submitted my CV through online (official website)
    Then, they will contact us if we passed the CV screening process to do online test (reasoning test)

First stage - Reasoning Test - Verbal and Numerical
    Second stage - Video Interview (basic questions about yourself)

I suppose they have next interview stages to enter this company.

CapEx and Fixed Assets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Karāchi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Philip Morris International in November 2013.

There were three (03) interviews. Initially screening was done by HR then by line manager and later with senior management. Interview questions were technical (related to the job requirement). Also checked positivity of attitude.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked that I started my career with banking and now I have changed the direction to manufacturing. Why?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Philip Morris International in May 2012.

First telephonic interview then face 2 face in Lausanne. Process took about 2 months. Very good relationships with interviewer since the beginning gave me the chance to ask questions more than receiving them.

Interview Questions
    • Question from HR about a difficult situation I faced and how I sorted out.   View Answer
    Pretty straightforward since I was coming from abroad.

Quality Assurance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris International in August 2013.

Initial communication initiated by the HR Manager of PM. I was contacted by phone and invited for an intervieew. The first interview was with the HR Manager who seemed to be a very good profesional. It was for almost 45 minutes and she tried to find out details about my actual position and why I want to change companies. Also she asked a lot of questions related with my previous experience. The second interview tooked plane at the factory site together with the HR Manager and the QC Department Manager. For almost 1 hr and 30 minutes they performed a cross interview trying to get me "snap" and to see how much I can go under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • How would you organize you activity in this position starting with tommorow?   Answer Question

The job location was to far from my home.

Sales Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Makati City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris International in August 2012.

Thru phone I was informed by the third party HR Arm of Philip Morris Philippines, which is John Clements. I was invited for a 1:1 interview. A breif Introduction, which the preceeded to the actual interview. After the interview I was asked to wait for the final interview. 1 week passed and I was invited for a panel interview. I passed the same and was offered the job. Signed the job and started 15 days after. After a month, I was absorbed directly by Philip Morris.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online - interviewed at Philip Morris International in January 2010.

The best is get a recommendation by an employee. The company hires through agencies like Addeco. Anyway, if you applied, the first you will receive the online test to measure your abstract thinking, math and reading skills. Then they will call you for phone interview and only after this you can have an appointment for face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • What 3 personal failures you had when worked in a team and how you solved them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Philip Morris International in April 2013.

Person asked me technical question. Asked me to compute efficiency.

Interview Questions

Worked for Philip Morris International? Contribute to the Community!