Philip Morris International Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

Process Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris International.

Director Operations

Interview Questions
    • How to involve each employee in applying the new techniques specifically   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Philip Morris International in June 2008.

Phone and in person panel interview

No opportunity to negotiate

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris International.

Applied Online;
    After one week phone interview, took about 60 minutes. Technical interview has discussed my professional experience, how I solved certain types of technical problems.
    After another week physical interview, was asked that I made a presentation, after were made a lote of behavioral questions.
    Two weeks latter receive the negative response.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of behavioral questions, My experience managing problems and people.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris International.

Firstly I had a phone screen from an staff agency, then a 1:1 with a consultant from the agency, after that a english test, then first manager interview (Regional Sales Manager) where my whole professional background was checked, besides many others competencies, then at last and second manager (Sales Director) interview,where I was mostly asked about my international experience over my post graduate course in logistic management and working abroad, of course this last one was totally in english.

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)
    Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Philip Morris International.

Applied online and then got called for an interview.

Offered myself to go on the day and time that was most convenient for the interviewer but he still arrived 30 min late and was not quite warmly polite (not rude tough).

Being that late is a sign of a messed up company culture, so I politely played along during the interview already knowing I would want to work there. Which is ok as the company didn't bother giving any sort of feedback after wasting my time, money and being late.

Candidates get thourouly scrutinized everywhere they go for interviews, so companies must show no less than a flawless behaviour.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about the professional and academic path.   Answer Question

Receptionist and Financial Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris International in February 2015.

I applied through a Temporary Employments Agency. Firstly I had an assignment to write 3 correspondence papers - formal business communication in English so they can identify my level of proficiency in written English. I have passed this phase which was followed by an oral interview approximately 1 week after the test. It was conducted by the manager of the department and an employee from the same sector and included some basic questions about myself, my fileds of interest, my attitude towards different situations and possible tasks which i could be given. The interview was in English so I guess that they wanted to test my spoken English. There were also some questions related to my opinions, my goals, skills, Excel proficiency, some maths questions etc. I must admit that i was impressed by their punctuality and professionalism; they were formal but at the same time very friendly. One day after, they called me to inform me that i am starting from the next day. I am working there for a month and a half so far and I am really happy and proud to be part of this great company.

Interview Questions
    • If we do not hire you today, would you apply again if you have a chance?   Answer Question

Business Support Administrator Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Went through a recruiter and was told only one round of interview then on the day turn out to be mulitple round of interviews. Not professional. Ask alot of irrelevant questions and no focus on job scope and experience. Not sincere in hiring and half way through interview interviewer even rush to say they have something on and requested to end interview earlier

Interview Questions
    • Ask about how your experience is related to job when the experience and skill sets is already in CVs. It seemed they never bother read up your resume   Answer Question

Production Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Almaty (Kazakhstan)
    Anonymous Employee in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris International in January 2015.

The interviewing HR manager was 40 minutes late to the interview. After 15 minutes of the conversation I was told that there is no opening for a managerial job, but there is an open position for a lean engineer. I was completely misled. Of course I did not come to interview for an engineering non-managerial position.

Mechanical Technician/HLP Machine Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tanauan, Province of Batangas (Philippines)
    Anonymous Employee in Tanauan, Province of Batangas (Philippines)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philip Morris International in November 2014.

They are looking for qualified and efficient applicants and offered bonus incentives basic salary and promotional outlook or salary must be upon negotiable. Motivation and hardworking applicant to be hired. Explained and willingly to work in any shift, during Holidays and non-working days and a good criteria of Resume.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris International in November 2014.

Applied online on Philip Morris website, was emailed to do SHL test, then screening through online interview and assessment day (given an hour to prepare a 7 min individual presentation on the case study and 20 min prep on the group decision for 5 min presentation + another group case with dripping information + speed interview)