Philip Morris International

Based Competencies interview

Simple

Human Resources Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied online – interviewed at Philip Morris International in January 2014.

Had a call interview and an English test but haven't received any answer back by whether I'm accepted or not!

Interview Questions
    • Problem happened in your previous job and you were the first one to respond, what have you done?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview process consisted for four rounds of group interviews. Candidates were asked to perform in a mock environment of playing executive leadership roles. Scenarios were given and discussions were conducted.

Negotiation was N/A

CapEx and Fixed Assets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Philip Morris International in November 2013.

There were three (03) interviews. Initially screening was done by HR then by line manager and later with senior management. Interview questions were technical (related to the job requirement). Also checked positivity of attitude.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked that I started my career with banking and now I have changed the direction to manufacturing. Why?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Executive Interview

Three or Four differente phases
    First - Human Resourse
    Then Manager from the Department
    Final Interview - Managers or Director

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris International in August 2013.

The first stage is a CV screening, if your CV is impressive and you made it through, the next stage is a phone interview. Pretty basic phone interview, they'd ask questions like, "what do you know about PMI?", "why are you interested to join us?". Here you cold also ask questions if you're not sure about anything.
    The third stage is a half-day semi-orientation/interview session. It's basically a morning where you attend simple talks by previous management trainee and they explain to you what the career is like and what is expected. Then you would proceed with a 1-on-1 interview, a pretty casual one. The whole purpose is to get to know you better. They'd ask questions like, "what do you think of the company?", "what is your stand on smoking?", etc.
    If you make it through this stage, there would be an online assessment. It's divided into three sections, the first is a numerical assessment, basically it's some simple calculations and math questions. The next section is logical reasoning, some sort of an IQ quiz, it can be a little bit tricky, most of it is predicting the next pattern in an assortment. And the last section is reading assessment. There will be a paragraph and questions following it. It is leaning more towards English assessment where there will be questions like, "what is the meaning of this word in the paragraph?".
    Making through this round would mean the final stage, which is a case study presentation. Basically it is a simple scenario and you are presented with three solutions to the scenario. You will need to pick one and then present it to a panel with justifications. The scenario presented are not related to PMI and the businesses they do, it's more of an open topic. During the case base session, they will also ask you regular interview questions. As this is the last stage, you will know if you managed to make it through or not after this stage.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part is the online assessment. It is timed and some of the questions could be quite tricky and difficult to understand.   View Answer

The overall interview experience was very refreshing and the career progression seems very promising. Yet, the social view on working in a tobacco company I could not accept. So before applying, do consider, would you be okay working in a company that manufactures cigarettes as their core business?

Quality Assurance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris International in August 2013.

Initial communication initiated by the HR Manager of PM. I was contacted by phone and invited for an intervieew. The first interview was with the HR Manager who seemed to be a very good profesional. It was for almost 45 minutes and she tried to find out details about my actual position and why I want to change companies. Also she asked a lot of questions related with my previous experience. The second interview tooked plane at the factory site together with the HR Manager and the QC Department Manager. For almost 1 hr and 30 minutes they performed a cross interview trying to get me "snap" and to see how much I can go under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • How would you organize you activity in this position starting with tommorow?   Answer Question

The job location was to far from my home.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philip Morris International in July 2013.

The first round interview is done over the phone, to explain the different internship possibilities and the particular requirements for each one. The second round is done over Skype, followed by a face to face interview at the office you're applying for and possibly several tests. As I didn't get past the first round I can only comment on the phone interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked several technical questions about Excel, e.g. pivot tables. The questions were more technical than what I was expecting for an HR internship.   Answer Question

Sales & Marketing Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris International in April 2013.

First they sent an online quantitative test, which was very easy, and an english test, also very easy. Then they invited for a group interview where they did a case study about the launching of a new suncream for a cosmetics company. Then they invited to the assessment center event where they first gave a case study about a local bank with 6 sales reps to fight for the marketing budget. Afterwards they gave an individual case study of more than 20 pages and full of numbers, and you were supposed to give a presentation about the profitability goals for the next 3 years. Finally they did a panel interview 2on1. One of them was taking notes and the other was scrutinizing your resume deeply to force you to break in the end.

Interview Questions
    • The job is quite mobile, therefore they challenge your mobility with extreme cases.   Answer Question

They offered a sales rep position which is of lower rank.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philip Morris International in April 2013.

Person asked me technical question. Asked me to compute efficiency.