Philip Morris International

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Philip Morris International in May 2012.

Interview Details – First telephonic interview then face 2 face in Lausanne. Process took about 2 months. Very good relationships with interviewer since the beginning gave me the chance to ask questions more than receiving them.

Interview Question – Question from HR about a difficult situation I faced and how I sorted out.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty straightforward since I was coming from abroad.

Manager Interview

Negotiation Details – Simple

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Human Resources Specialist
Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Philip Morris International in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted after a month by shared services center who proposed a different position. A bit of confusion initially as I interviewed for that position but then was asked if I would be interested in yet a third type of role. Phone interview with hiring manager and on site interview with different managers

Interview Question – Not really difficult, but it's clear they wanted to explore around implementing and managing change in the organization   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interview Question – Results expected that you dind't achieve   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris International in October 2009.

Interview Details – Found a job offer on their website, sent my resume and CV over their internet platform. A couple of days later, a lady from Poland called to have a phone interview in English. She asked standard questions about my experiences. After that, I had an interview with the Marketing Director locally... also here, standard questions, why I would be the best person for the job, strength and weaknesses... etc.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had a challenge and how you solved it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negociation needed, Philip Morris has very competitive salaries and they offered more than I asked for.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer
Neuchâtel (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Philip Morris International in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through a UK agent who was not proactive and not helpful which lead me to alwasy see this as a slim chance.

Application made in September. First interview face to face for an our in Nuechatel in November. Second interview in Nuechatel was late November and based around a 15 minute presentation on an old project or educational task of mine.

An answer was made through the agent in good time but no detailed answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe a day in the office here entails?   View Answer
  • What do you believe makes a senior engineer.   View Answer

Trainee In Finance Interview

Trainee In Finance
Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Philip Morris International in March 2012.

Interview Details – After applying for the trainee in finance graduate program I got invited to take online numerical and inductive reasoning tests, which were pretty straightforward. Then I got invited for a video interview, in which I had limited time to answer some basic questions like: what is your motivation to apply for the position and how you see yourself in 5 years. After that I got invited to a phone interview, which lasted about an hour. In the first part we talked about my resume, and in the second part there were some situational judgment test type of question : if you got a pressing assignment from your direct supervisor and, suddenly you were given another pressing assignment from your direct supervisor what would you do?; then there was one concerning dealing with conflicting tasks, and question about working with the executives and how would you handle it. Next step would be an assessment center in Lausanne, but somehow their recruitment process got bogged down and I didn't receive a concrete answer up to this date though I was kindly asked to wait a bit longer so I am hoping I'll get in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if working on an urgent assignment from your direct supervisor you were given another pressing task from one of the executives?   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with conflicting assignments?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Lausanne (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Philip Morris International in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process was long, starting from recruiter contact to HR manager screening to 1:1 interview with VP of Marketing. But the direct contacts with people in the company were great experiences. People are unassuming and very easy to get along. This is a strong recommendation for people with marketing passion. The company has numerous resources and willing to take care of your interview logistics.

Interview Question – Have you been successful in influencing anyone?   View Answer

Plant Scientist Interview

Plant Scientist
Neuchâtel (Switzerland)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Philip Morris International in March 2009.

Interview Details – Within 2 weeks of the application closing date, I received confirmation that I would be accepted for the first round of telephone interviews.
The first telephone interview (2 weeks after acceptance) was 30 minutes long and was with a human resources specialist. The conversation focused on me talking about my background, teamworking skills, examples of when I used creative thinking to overcome a problem etc...
The second telephone interview (4 weeks after acceptance) was 60 mins long and was with a recruitment specialist and senior scientist. In this interview they were more interested in my scientific understanding and how i could use my skills and knowledge in the job being offered.

One week later I was offered the opportunity to visit their site in Neuchatel, Switzerland for a second round interview. All travel expenses were reimbursed but not accomodation.
The interview consisted of a 30 minute presentation on a scientific topic of my choice followed by 30 minutes of questions from a panel of 10 scientists. After this there was a 1 hour panel interview (5 people) that focused on the same subjects as the telephone conversations.

My first impression is that they were very firendly and welcoming. I was quite nervous about doing the presentation but the session was very informal with people asking questions throughout. There was a constant emphasis on team working - a little bit too much in my opinion.

I was told that feedback would be given within 2 weeks of the interview but this did not happen. I have contacted them subsequently but to no avail. This for me was a big let down considering the number of weeks the application ran over.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you used creative thinking to overcome a problem?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Philip Morris International

Worked for Philip Morris International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Philip Morris International interview questions and advice in Switzerland. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Philip Morris International employees and interview candidates.