Philip Morris USA

16 candidate interviews

Sales Interview

Sales
Pleasanton, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2009.

Interview Details – Began with a resume drop at a college career fair. Moved on to panel interview at a local hotel with a variety of individuals ranging from a campus recruiter, to sales mangers, to upper management. Second round was a day in the field with a corporate Unit Manager consisting of routine sales calls and merchandising. Next was lunch with the other prospective interns at an expensive local restaurant. Last, the interns were flown to Los Angeles and put up in an expensive beach front hotel for a presentation about the company and the internship experience. Overall impression is that the individuals at the company are not incredibly inspiring or intelligent, but the company itself offers unparalleled benefits and treatment.

Interview Question – If you were a copy machine sales person, and knew that a new product was coming out in a few days, yet your manager has told you that the company has important sales numbers to meet on the old product, how would you handle a situation in which a very trusted and loyal customer wishes to place a large order of copiers with you, just before news of the product release has gone public?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations are really possible. The benefits and pay are unbeatable, so you have little leverage as a college student to ask for more.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2008.

Interview Details – Consisted of questions that discussed my personal strenghts during the first interview. The second interview involved questions involving seperate cases.

Interview Question – If you have a product to sale to a client that will be replaced within a few months, will you sell the product if your manager pressures you to?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Richmond, VA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in March 2009.

Interview Details – Three interview rounds. First a one-on-one interview. Almost entirely behavioral interview questions. If you pass round one, you are invited to a group dinner the following evening. At the dinner are 3-4 Philip Morris employees and the other 5-6 job applicants. They want to see how you present yourself in a social environment. They will act informal in order to get the applicants to let their guard down.

The next day is interview round two. Similar to the first interview but you are faced with a panel of employees and they ask more difficult questions to see how you react under pressure. Be prepared to use detailed relevant work/extracurricular anecdotes to support your answers.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you encountered during X job/extracurricular and how did you cope with it?   Answer Question
  • Explain a situation in which you worked with a team to solve a problem that you could not have accomplished by yourself.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Richmond, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in July 2010.

Interview Details – Generalist, Hiring Manager and then Vice President

Interview Question – How do you plan to get up to speed sooner rather than later?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2008.

Interview Details – Phone, panel, tests

Interview Question – Tell us about a difficult problem you overcame   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – money

Human Resource Interview

Human Resource
Krąków, Lódz (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in July 2010.

Interview Details – the first the skills and background checks than phone inerview and the last step is panel interview

Interview Questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was a intern so I was directly hired from my summer internship within 3 weeks for completion. However, they extend an offer with out giving a set area of entrance. I was under the impression I would be a financial analyst but, I ended up being a cost accountant.

Interview Question – No difficult questions really.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Philip Morris USA.

Interview Details – Name a situation when you used research as a method of schooling?

Interview Question – What is you're favorite Book and why?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Territory Sales Manager
Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in November 2009.

Interview Details – First interview was with an external recruiter.
Second interview was a panel interview. There were 3 Unit Managers and 1 Regional Manager present.
Third Interview was a ride along with future boss, and colleague. Hands on experience of what the daily role would include.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. The job posting indicated a pay of $40-$45k, however due to my experience, they offered $56K. Since they came in so much higher than posted rate, I didn't negotiate.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, only last a few minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Philip Morris USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Philip Morris USA interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Philip Morris USA employees and interview candidates.