Philip Morris USA

16 candidate interviews

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, only last a few minutes.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in November 2009.

Interview Details – First interview was with an external recruiter.
Second interview was a panel interview. There were 3 Unit Managers and 1 Regional Manager present.
Third Interview was a ride along with future boss, and colleague. Hands on experience of what the daily role would include.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. The job posting indicated a pay of $40-$45k, however due to my experience, they offered $56K. Since they came in so much higher than posted rate, I didn't negotiate.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Philip Morris USA.

Interview Details – Name a situation when you used research as a method of schooling?

Interview Question – What is you're favorite Book and why?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was a intern so I was directly hired from my summer internship within 3 weeks for completion. However, they extend an offer with out giving a set area of entrance. I was under the impression I would be a financial analyst but, I ended up being a cost accountant.

Interview Question – No difficult questions really.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – Was very interested in candidate's long term goals and objectives. Prefers specific and strategic initiatives over generalities. Asked a great length of scenario & situational questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got an email two days later that told me they'd like to interview me and gave me the time and place for my interview. The interview was at a Caribou Coffee shop in a formal meeting/boardroom in the back of the shop. Two young sales reps sat across a table from me and took turns asking questions. Questions were situational: explain a time when you had to make a quick decision without a superior to give you the authority; explain a time when you had to expedite something in order to save a customer account; a lot of questions dealt with decisions you regretted making, times when you could have done something better, missed opportunities, and how you would have done something better. They were interested in actions, reactions, opportunities, solutions, and independence.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with a coworker under timed conditions, but you were not familiar with that coworker and how he/she operated. (They wanted to see if you could adapt to an unfamiliar situation and collaborate well in a short amount of time).   Answer Question
  • What is position on professional responsibility and ethical conduct when dealing with expense reports?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in September 2009.

Interview Details – Very Positive. Had phone screen with recruiter, then phone screen with hiring manager, followed by panel, then day in the field, then offer and background/drug test. Excellent company to get your foot in the door for business to business sales. Lots of training and skills practice. Manager was great, reps stay around for a long time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a specific time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Brand Manager - New Tobacco Product Interview

Brand Manager - New Tobacco Product
Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was working at BAT, working on very important product introduction.
Philip Morris faked the recrutement among our team members, offering the job through local headhunter agency. Then, as the part of recrutimentr they demanded to prepare to new product launch strategy - the time given for preparation was very short, and the brief was so simmilar as for our project.
 Obviously they wantned to get intelligence at the product we were working on. Needless to say they did not hired anyone for the position.

Interview Question – what animal are you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – At the presentation of the strategy. people (5) at the begging were very cheering, once they assumed that no info about competition would be given, they lost interest. One person asked the most kinky and stupid question I have ever heard: "What animal are you?"

I would not NEVER like to work for such a company

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Purchasing Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of two 1:1's with the predecessor and the future line manager. They have questioned many details of my CV and went thru all the details of the potential position. Be sure to go there prepared and prove facts with different case examples.

Human Resource Interview

Human Resource
Krąków, Lódz (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philip Morris USA in July 2010.

Interview Details – the first the skills and background checks than phone inerview and the last step is panel interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Philip Morris USA? Contribute to the Community!