Philip Morris USA Territory Sales Manager Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris USA (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

A vigorous and intense interview process, which makes sense for the type of personality that is required for this type of role. There was 3 in-person interviews, and a field-day ride with process with the potential District Manager. One of the interviews was a group interview with senior management, and included a case study on a sales call scenario with an unhappy customer. I found the interview process to be challenging, but worthwhile. I knew what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you will handle situations with unhappy/unsatisfied customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a relocation package and a sign-on bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for Philip Morris USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris USA (Corpus Christi, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

First interview was with an external recruiter. Second interview was a panel interview. There were 3 Unit Managers and 1 Regional Manager present. Third Interview was a ride along with future boss, and colleague. Hands on experience of what the daily role would include.

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. The job posting indicated a pay of $40-$45k, however due to my experience, they offered $56K. Since they came in so much higher than posted rate, I didn't negotiate.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in September 2009.

Interview

Very Positive. Had phone screen with recruiter, then phone screen with hiring manager, followed by panel, then day in the field, then offer and background/drug test. Excellent company to get your foot in the door for business to business sales. Lots of training and skills practice. Manager was great, reps stay around for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in March 2010.

Interview

Was very interested in candidate's long term goals and objectives. Prefers specific and strategic initiatives over generalities. Asked a great length of scenario & situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult objective you've overcome? And how?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2008.

Interview

Consisted of questions that discussed my personal strenghts during the first interview. The second interview involved questions involving seperate cases.

Interview Questions

• If you have a product to sale to a client that will be replaced within a few months, will you sell the product if your manager pressures you to?   Answer Question