Philips Consumer Lifestyle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

MBAOperations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle (Hartford, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college career page. Took almost 3-4 weeks to get back and schedule the interview. I was interviewed by 2 professional who were Directors and Senior Managers in Operations and Supply Chain Management. Each interview was 45 mins long. Most questions were obvious ones such as behavioral questions. Was asked to go through my resume and they did ask few questions related to my answers. I was also given a case question to ask. The interview was followed by me asking few questions to the interviewer. This is a very important step. Please do ask questions at the end of the interview. Shows your interest and homework you have done.

Interview Questions

• Below are the questions i was asked. Cant remember all of it but most of them i think i covered: Biggest Strength/ weakness Tell me about yourself Go through your resume. Most challenging job ever taken A bottle neck situation where you didn't know what to do A difficult person you had to deal with during your work. Below are few of the questions you can ask the interviewer: ) Who would make the ideal candidate for this position? 2) How will the work I’ll be doing contribute to the organization’s mission? 3) What were the best things about the last person who held this position? 4) What are three ways I can contribute to the company beyond the job description? 5) How can I best contribute to the department’s goals? 6) How do you see me best contributing to the corporate culture and morale? 7) What do you see as the biggest challenges of working here and how can I overcome those challenges? 8) What is your vision for where the company or department will be in one year? In 3-5 years? 9) How can I best help you and the team succeed?   Answer Question

Clinical Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through Philips Career's website. They contacted me after a week telling me that I met the requirements for the positions. A week after they contacted me again to tell that they wanted to interview me through Skype or phone. The interview was an average interview, it lasted about 30 minutes and they made me feel very comfortable. 5 days after the interview they told me they didn't choose me and they gave me some feedback about the reasons of their decision.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The questions I remember were: - Tell me about yourself - What do you know about Philips and Philips AVENT? - What are your main strenghts? - Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle (Bothell, WA).

Interview

Not very good. They don't use recruiters. It is very hard for them to get folks. So they keep bringing people from Europe. So nowadays they are trying to hire anyone they can get. Since the turnover has been so high, unfortunately they don't have smart people who know how to conduct interviews anymore.

Interview Questions

• I was shocked that they asked an inappropriate question. Something not legal to be asked in the US   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. They are very tight with money. The relocation package is quite good.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle.

Interview

Horrible... very long. Typical of the culture. No decision making

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Senior Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle (Stamford, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

Went to about 4 rounds of interview, met 8-10 people. Most interviews went well. In fact, things went so well that my references were contacted. I found it very odd that the hiring team asked their agency of record to interview me too. I thought that conversation went very well. When I asked the agency what they found challenging about the previous manager, the agency bashed that person and said that they found that she was an obstacle in all their efforts. I later found out that the agency said very negative things about our conversation too.

Interview Questions

• One of the more insignificant members of the interview team kept asking about TV buying, which came out of left field since the job description asked for more digitally-focused candidates.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle (Bothell, WA).

Interview

Not very sophisticated process. Not many good managers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They are cheap

Project Manager - Whitening Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle (Bothell, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Half day, on-site, 1:1 interview with people belong with the Oral Healthcare Business side of Philips. Depending who is out of town, you might have a phone interview. Mostly you will meet the Hiring Manager (Innovation Leader) first and chat with him/her before they bring you in.

Interview Questions

• Depending on who it's that is that they can get to interview you, they might be looking for trick phases or key words. That was probably the trickiest part of the interview.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle (Stamford, CT) in September 2010.

Interview

It was a standard interview process initially. Applied online, spoke to a recruiter via telephone and then was invited to the Stamford, CT office for a round of in person interviews. This was absolutely the worst interviewing experience that I have ever had. Upon arriving I met with the current expat who was filling the role and was scheduled to return to Europe. This gal was extremely unwelcoming and minutes into the conversation said that she didn't believe that I would be a good cultural fit but that I probably had the skills to do the job. Fair enough I thought. she did know the culture better than I. Next interview was with a guy that was the hiring manager counterpart and that was okay. standard behavioral based questions. Then I met with the hiring manager. A complete disaster. I felt like he was playing all sort of mind games and trying to see me fail or at least cry. He didnt ask any technical questions but wanted rhyme and reason for every choice that I had made in my life. the reasoning of course not the problem the deragatory manner of question was the problem. i think met with the HR recruiter over coffee. brief, how has the meetings gone, do you like it here. HR did ask me if i owned my home, marital status, any thing that would prohibit me from moving. final round was with the business partner. behavioral based as well. get back home and had to request reimbursement expenses multiple times before getting paid. i was very disappointed in the way i was treated during the in person round of interviews but overall i still believe its a good company with great products so if you can find a sane group within the organization to join go for it. plus its a strong brand to have on the resume.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when why would you like to move to stamford   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle (Charleston, SC) in July 2010.

Interview

When I interviewed with Philips the Creative Director at the time made me feel completely at ease. I had 2 interviews, a preliminary one and a follow up. Very straightforward interview, where my portfolio was reviewed, with good feedback from the CD. Overall it was a nice place to work at. The people were great, which made the work environment very pleasing. Each employee was honestly given the importance and respect they deserved, which is why there was more dedication from the employees themselves.

Marketing Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2015.

Interview

applied on online and took nearly two weeks getting the interview invitation. Next, made a schedule for the interview at Amsterdam headquarters. The manager is very nice. The interview consist of two parts. One part is introduction with a small data analysis in the end. Another part is excel test. Each part is 45 mins. If you can't finish the excel test, you still can do it at home but you need to send what you have done during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How can you handle the pressure? What can you bring to this department if you work next week?   Answer Question