Philips Consumer Lifestyle

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle.

Interview Details – Horrible... very long. Typical of the culture. No decision making

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it

Senior Media Manager Interview

Senior Media Manager
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went to about 4 rounds of interview, met 8-10 people. Most interviews went well. In fact, things went so well that my references were contacted.
I found it very odd that the hiring team asked their agency of record to interview me too. I thought that conversation went very well. When I asked the agency what they found challenging about the previous manager, the agency bashed that person and said that they found that she was an obstacle in all their efforts. I later found out that the agency said very negative things about our conversation too.

Interview Question – One of the more insignificant members of the interview team kept asking about TV buying, which came out of left field since the job description asked for more digitally-focused candidates.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Finance Interview

Senior Manager Finance
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was a standard interview process initially. Applied online, spoke to a recruiter via telephone and then was invited to the Stamford, CT office for a round of in person interviews. This was absolutely the worst interviewing experience that I have ever had. Upon arriving I met with the current expat who was filling the role and was scheduled to return to Europe. This gal was extremely unwelcoming and minutes into the conversation said that she didn't believe that I would be a good cultural fit but that I probably had the skills to do the job. Fair enough I thought. she did know the culture better than I. Next interview was with a guy that was the hiring manager counterpart and that was okay. standard behavioral based questions. Then I met with the hiring manager. A complete disaster. I felt like he was playing all sort of mind games and trying to see me fail or at least cry. He didnt ask any technical questions but wanted rhyme and reason for every choice that I had made in my life. the reasoning of course not the problem the deragatory manner of question was the problem. i think met with the HR recruiter over coffee. brief, how has the meetings gone, do you like it here. HR did ask me if i owned my home, marital status, any thing that would prohibit me from moving. final round was with the business partner. behavioral based as well. get back home and had to request reimbursement expenses multiple times before getting paid. i was very disappointed in the way i was treated during the in person round of interviews but overall i still believe its a good company with great products so if you can find a sane group within the organization to join go for it. plus its a strong brand to have on the resume.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when
why would you like to move to stamford
  Answer Question

Design Interview

Design
Charleston, SC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle in July 2010.

Interview Details – When I interviewed with Philips the Creative Director at the time made me feel completely at ease. I had 2 interviews, a preliminary one and a follow up. Very straightforward interview, where my portfolio was reviewed, with good feedback from the CD.

Overall it was a nice place to work at. The people were great, which made the work environment very pleasing. Each employee was honestly given the importance and respect they deserved, which is why there was more dedication from the employees themselves.

Interview Question – What was your design process for this piece?   Answer Question

Intenr Interview

Intenr
Drachten (Netherlands)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle.

Interview Details – One on one with the department manager. Expectations of the project and motivation

Interview Question – Why do you want to learn about project planning   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle.

Interview Details – The interview process was a standard one, starting with Aptitude tests - covering basic mathematics, logical reasoning and just a little bit of programming.
The next level technical was intense and deep in coverage. Topics discussed were C concepts, Operating Systems, Networking.
Final HR round was simple and straight forward.

Negotiation Details – Offer was quite OK, considering the industry standards. Not ,much scope for negotiation.

Intern Interview

Intern
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle in February 2014.

Interview Details – I got called a few days after sending my application. The first interview was scheduled shortly after, and no HR step: it was directly with the Senior that was looking for an intern.
A few days later, an assignment was to be made to make the comparison with other candidates easier. The third step was an interview with the Manager of the branch.

Interview Question – They try to see if you're fit for the company, other than for the job. So be prepared for the personality questions that are actually Philips-fit questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation whatsoever. The offer was already good enough, anyway.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Drachten (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle in August 2012.

Interview Details – The process is not complicated at all for an intern. I applied through their website and got a notice after 3 days that my application will be taken into account. Then I got a call two days after and had the chance to discuss the vacancy with my future supervisor. After that I got the email confirmation that I was selected. It was relevant that I had previous work experience.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. It was more a conversation than Q&A.   Answer Question

Consumer Marketing Manager Interview

Consumer Marketing Manager

Interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle

Interview Details – a few interviews with the Consumer marketing Director and the Category leader

Interview Question – Do you think Philips should split up and sell its 3 sectors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NOthing

Consumer Marketing Management Intern Interview

Consumer Marketing Management Intern

Interviewed at Philips Consumer Lifestyle

Interview Details – Online application> Internship coordinator reviewed and accepted> transferred CV and cover letter to the specific manager> the manager reviewed and invited me for the interview in the office.

Interview Question – If you are going to launch a product in China, how will you promote or position this product differently in China than in Europe?   Answer Question

Worked for Philips Consumer Lifestyle? Contribute to the Community!