Philips Design & Research

Updated Nov 1, 2014

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Philips Design & Research

Industrial Design Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Design & Research in April 2014.

I sent message to people of my Linkedin network to get the email of somebody in Philips. Few week later, I have been contacted by email by the design manager to set an interview. I talked with 2 persons, who were really nice and make me feel comfortable. It last around 30 to 40 minutes discussing about my portfolio and Philips design.

Interview Questions
    • If you have to work again on this project, what would you change ?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Design & Research.

1. 45 min phone interview with HR hiring manager
    2. 60 min phone interview with creative director
    3. 90 min face to face interview with creative director and senior art director
    4. 60 min face to face interview with design manager

Interview Questions
    HR was not great to deal with. No negotiation on salary and not transparent. Little empathy and sub-par people skills, simply going through the motions of the hiring process without considering candidate's intentions.

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Design & Research.

ok, simple and straightforward

Interview Questions
    it was through a headhunter; the company wasn't very flexible

Designer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Design & Research in December 2009.

communication and interview was very direct some very unpracticle questions were asked but all in all the it was a peaceful experience

Interview Questions
    indian and global HR was involved and no negotiation happened, but the problem was that i was not good at it

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Design & Research in April 2008.

Two interviews. One was with the department head and the other with the regional creative head. Was pretty straightforward, no nonsense.

Interview Questions
    • If we dont accept any of your ideas while at work what will you do?   View Answer
    Moving expenses