Philips Electronics

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Customer Service Representative for Medical Consumables Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Philips Electronics.

I worked as a temp when it was the medical side of HP, sold to Agilent and was hired, bought by Philips. Interview was easy as they all knew I was a good worker and cared about my job.

Interview Questions
    • What could I do to improve business and customer satisfaction.   View Answer

Planner Interview

Standard interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What's your most challenged experience you have before   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

I applied online through the Boston University career website and then was asked to interview at their office a few weeks later. I was also asked how I dealt with hard situations, and to give an example. Among other personality questions, the ones I remember are described below. They also liked that I spoke about my research experience in a lab.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a puzzle question to test problem solving skills. It was a riddle about finding the heaviest ball in a group of seven, where 6 all weighed the same and only one weighed a different amount. The trick was to weigh it using a simple two tray scale, and use the minimum amount of weighs. I think this question is in the movie Die Hard, actually.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation, I just took the job since I was an intern. I was paid, but didn't negotiate the wage.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics in November 2013.

1st I got a email after I applied for the position . The email was asking me to verify i was qualified for the position. After emailing back after 15 mins I got a call saying come in for a interview. I did so the next day. They asked very basic questions...what do you see your self doing..are you good on the phone..normal interview questions. Got another email 4 hours after the interview saying to show up for training on Monday which was in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    They sent a email hours later saying I would make 12.00 an hour.

Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

The interview process was really smooth. Was invited for a full day of interviews with people from different backgrounds and functions. People at the same level as the one i was applying for. My prospective manager, and the boss of my manager. Everyone was friendly and helpful. They were interested not only about my professional career but also about my cultural background and personal experience. This was extremely helpful to be more relaxed.

Got contacted within two days after the interview about the decision. It was a very fast process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a recent conflicting situation in your workplace and the way you managed it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Was contacted by a recruiter - started with a phone interview and was moved to face to face after initial screening. Questions were pretty high level - mostly salary requirements, availability for start date. Don't believe any references being checked but they were requested.

no negotiation

Junior Industrial Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Philips Electronics in April 2013.

The interview process was a relaxing experience in which my passions for design could be easily expressed and conveyed.

Portfolio Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in March 2013.

applied through university had an interview on campus and offered the job a few hours later via email and phone call. Pretty simple process nothing super difficult although if you do not do your research and do not have any compelling questions your interview will fail.

Interview Questions
    • they didnt ask me many specific questions rather kept explaining different aspects of the job and asking if i had any questions.   Answer Question

Search Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Electronics in April 2011.

The interview was in their Massachusetts complex at andover. The buildings are non descript gray buildings. The interviews was well organized and they were on time to take me up stairs and have 2 interviews with the hiring manager and a co worker.

Interview Questions
    • How would you interface with our Dutch head office when X happens?   Answer Question

Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Electronics in December 2008.

I applied to this position 3 times within 1 year period, and after third time, the Philips recruiter contacted me.
    First I had a phone interview with a recruter which was quite general (resume, why do like this position, why Philips etc.) and lasted for about 20-30 minutes.
    After fist phone interview, I had second phone interview (another 20-30 minutes) with hiring manager (Director, Customer Marketing), after which they invited me to have seried of interview in Corporate office in Stamford.
    There were 3 interview scheduled (1 - hiring manager, 2 others - 2 other divisional directors), each interview was behavioral, but quite informal. The first Director was 30 minutes late, so his interview was very short, actually he talked mostly. All three talked a lot about company, but all of them were nice and polite. After all three interviews (about an hour and a half - all of them were in each Director's office), I had a meeting with HR.
    Before the on-site interview I was provided with benefits leaflet (apparently they weren't suppose to do so).
    Overall, I had a good impression about Philips, however, they didn't contact me back for another month (!), and after I left couple of messages to HR person, he didn't call back either. I was able to reach him couple of days after when he told me that they all liked me however they prefered to hire more experience manager from PepsiCo (my work experience was less sound). I was slightly surprised that they didn't bother to call me with any answer.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine that Philips can buy any (any industry) troubled company (invest money) and than make suggested improvements to sell for higher price. You are entitled to consult Philips on company and on neccessary improvements. Which company / why / what are you going to do with it to increase its value?   View Answer