Philips Electronics

2.9

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in July 2011.

HR Phone interview, technical interview, face to face interview. HR phone interview check the basic background. Several related department managers asked questions in several technical phone interviews. Face to face interview last whole days. One of the managers invited me to lunch. Technical questions covered typologies, control loop designs, gate drive design etc..

Interview Questions
    • LED driver typologies, control loop designs, gate drive design etc.   Answer Question

Written + 2 Tech + 1 HR
    Written round was simple. Basic aptitude (quantitative and logical)+ technical. Interview was more job specific. One guy was testing my programming logic and subject knowledge and the second guy was testing whether I am fit for the post they offer. Both of them went through my resume. So if u r not confident abt anything then better don't write that in ur resume.

Technical Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in December 2014.

First a technical test followed by two interview rounds, technical test also had aptitude questions and questions related to power systems. Interview was completely core and was very difficult, No one was able to crack the interview and they didn't hire anyone

Interview Questions
    • Nothing like unexpected but question from all the areas like communications, power and digital electronics were asked   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

3 Rounds, Aptitude Test, GD and Personal Interview. Aptitude test had a technical portion too. It was quick and efficient process overall. Interview was taken by a panel of 2, really modest people.

Interview Questions
    • It was a smooth ride. We talked about my internship and my experience as a member of my Hostel Executive Committee.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Electronics in November 2014.

- I was called for the Sr. Tech Lead Big Data. But i was a Sr.QA engineer with the knowledge of Big Data . So there was a difference in the interviewing patterns

1st Round : There was a general interview round with lot of Big Data stuff. Tough i was not involved in the Map Reduce phase . I was asked about following things :
    - Partitioner
    - Combiner
    - Input Split
    - How do you test your code before pushing it to production ?
    - What is the cluster size
    - Sort and shuffle phase?

Interview Questions
    • There was a mismatch between the interviewer JD and Interview ?
      The interviewer follows up with you religiously till you take up the interview, but there is no response about the same to the candidates about the result. It shows , how unorganised the process was.
      You will have to follow up with the HR for further details.

Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in August 2014.

First submitted the application online through the website. Two weeks later, I had a call for an interview at their office, and was interviewed by 3 senior engineers. Mostly about claryfing and assesing the fit for the position as the job requires a lot of practical/assembling skills

Interview Questions
    • Given two objects with the same mass and volume, one hollow and one solid, how do you differentiate the two?   View Answer

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Philips Electronics in November 2014.

Got a call from consultancy. On interview date went to venu, around 50 people were there. After around one and half hour, got call for interview. Questions were standard. Could not solve 1st problem rest answered, but still could not get through 1st round.

Interview Questions
    • Create class like BigInteger in java to solve addition problem between two very big strings.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2014.

Philips visited our campus for recruitment in September,2014and offered a package of 6 lpa
    1) Technical & Aptitude Test:- On the first day we had the technical and aptitude test round which was organised by aspiring minds. It was a good test which tested our concepts on programming basics & a bit on OOP.

Next day they first had a presentation session for all the students.After that they gave the results of the previous day's test and the shorlisted students were selected for the further rounds.

2) Technical Interview
    3) HR Interview

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Two round of interview. First round is telephone interview, which is just normal behavior questions. No unexpected questions. The second round is on-site interview. The interviewer is very nice, and talks a lot about the responsibilities of the position. Overall, I think the company working atmosphere is really good. It is definitely a good place to work for.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2014.

There was an initial test followed by short listing candidates. Then there were two rounds - one technical and one HR. They basically look for good technical skills. HR is just a formality. So if you do well in tech, there is high probability that you get selected.

In the tech, they asked for my project and the part I played in it. Also, there were questions about linux and basic programming. Since I have written about web development in my resume, there were questions about web programming too. They basically expect you to own your work, so you should be able to specify you roles in the projects you have done and also, you should try to present any innovation you have done, since it will bring you bonus points.

Also, dedication to the work and owning your work is given high priority, You can get in even if you have medium coding skills, but have an analytic mind persistent effort and willingness to study. All this will be evaluated in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about linux and its very specific commands. Since I was very well versed with linux, I was able to answer them.   Answer Question