Philips Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Portfolio Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Andover, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

applied through university had an interview on campus and offered the job a few hours later via email and phone call. Pretty simple process nothing super difficult although if you do not do your research and do not have any compelling questions your interview will fail.

Interview Questions

• they didnt ask me many specific questions rather kept explaining different aspects of the job and asking if i had any questions.   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Bothell, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

I had mulitple phone interviews, and then flew cross-country with little notice. Once I arrived at the site, the interview was disorganized and multiple people I was to meet with were unavailable. I later had additional on-site interviews at the local site. After the interviews, I didn't hear anything for more than 2 weeks before being contacted by the recruiter who told me I would receive an offer. The offer then took several more weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a difficult supplier that you were ultimately able to resolve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable, within a fixed range. The initial offer was a little lower than I would have liked, but we were able to come to a midrange between the initial offer and my requested amount.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Rosemont, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

HR Phone interview, technical interview, face to face interview. HR phone interview check the basic background. Several related department managers asked questions in several technical phone interviews. Face to face interview last whole days. One of the managers invited me to lunch. Technical questions covered typologies, control loop designs, gate drive design etc..

Interview Questions

• LED driver typologies, control loop designs, gate drive design etc.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Philips Electronics (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with five people. Met the GM, and the VP of sales. They were very intelligent and were great individuals. They knew they had a good products, and wanted to make sure I fit within the culture. Overall experience was great.

Interview Questions

• What are my previous call points   1 Answer

Search Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Andover, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was in their Massachusetts complex at andover. The buildings are non descript gray buildings. The interviews was well organized and they were on time to take me up stairs and have 2 interviews with the hiring manager and a co worker.

Interview Questions

• How would you interface with our Dutch head office when X happens?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Seattle, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Screening interview with the in-house recruiter who specializes in HR, followed by on-site interviews with the HR hiring manager, individual members of the HR team, and three business leaders who would be supported by the incumbent.

Interview Questions

• How do you build credibility with the key leaders you support?   1 Answer

Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Stamford, CT) in December 2008.

Interview

I applied to this position 3 times within 1 year period, and after third time, the Philips recruiter contacted me. First I had a phone interview with a recruter which was quite general (resume, why do like this position, why Philips etc.) and lasted for about 20-30 minutes. After fist phone interview, I had second phone interview (another 20-30 minutes) with hiring manager (Director, Customer Marketing), after which they invited me to have seried of interview in Corporate office in Stamford. There were 3 interview scheduled (1 - hiring manager, 2 others - 2 other divisional directors), each interview was behavioral, but quite informal. The first Director was 30 minutes late, so his interview was very short, actually he talked mostly. All three talked a lot about company, but all of them were nice and polite. After all three interviews (about an hour and a half - all of them were in each Director's office), I had a meeting with HR. Before the on-site interview I was provided with benefits leaflet (apparently they weren't suppose to do so). Overall, I had a good impression about Philips, however, they didn't contact me back for another month (!), and after I left couple of messages to HR person, he didn't call back either. I was able to reach him couple of days after when he told me that they all liked me however they prefered to hire more experience manager from PepsiCo (my work experience was less sound). I was slightly surprised that they didn't bother to call me with any answer.

Interview Questions

• Imagine that Philips can buy any (any industry) troubled company (invest money) and than make suggested improvements to sell for higher price. You are entitled to consult Philips on company and on neccessary improvements. Which company / why / what are you going to do with it to increase its value?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics (Andover, MA) in June 2008.

Interview

I was looking forward to the face-to-face meetings. Had several calls with the executive recruiter and a couple with the internal recruiter. I met the head of HR, who was entirely unprepared and read from a list of canned questions. I then met a VP to whom I would have a dotted line report. There was no alignment between her and HR. Neither were particularly friendly. I couldn't wait to get out of there!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics (New York, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

Referred to role by a current employee. First interview was an HR, "fit" interview where they asked basic questions on motivation to apply, and "why Philips". Important to try an answer in simple, short form Second round was with manager of BU, who got into more technical details of the role. I had some experience but not enough.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Philips What are some of your strength and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics (New York, NY) in December 2007.

Interview

Recruiter was top notch and no-nonsense. In person interview with managers was in depth and trying - 4 interviews in 8 hours but well worth it.

Negotiation

Philips doesn't negotiate. They make an offer and you accept or pass. Period.