Philips Electronics Interview Questions

2.9

Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Electronics in December 2008.

I applied to this position 3 times within 1 year period, and after third time, the Philips recruiter contacted me.
    First I had a phone interview with a recruter which was quite general (resume, why do like this position, why Philips etc.) and lasted for about 20-30 minutes.
    After fist phone interview, I had second phone interview (another 20-30 minutes) with hiring manager (Director, Customer Marketing), after which they invited me to have seried of interview in Corporate office in Stamford.
    There were 3 interview scheduled (1 - hiring manager, 2 others - 2 other divisional directors), each interview was behavioral, but quite informal. The first Director was 30 minutes late, so his interview was very short, actually he talked mostly. All three talked a lot about company, but all of them were nice and polite. After all three interviews (about an hour and a half - all of them were in each Director's office), I had a meeting with HR.
    Before the on-site interview I was provided with benefits leaflet (apparently they weren't suppose to do so).
    Overall, I had a good impression about Philips, however, they didn't contact me back for another month (!), and after I left couple of messages to HR person, he didn't call back either. I was able to reach him couple of days after when he told me that they all liked me however they prefered to hire more experience manager from PepsiCo (my work experience was less sound). I was slightly surprised that they didn't bother to call me with any answer.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine that Philips can buy any (any industry) troubled company (invest money) and than make suggested improvements to sell for higher price. You are entitled to consult Philips on company and on neccessary improvements. Which company / why / what are you going to do with it to increase its value?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in June 2008.

I was looking forward to the face-to-face meetings. Had several calls with the executive recruiter and a couple with the internal recruiter. I met the head of HR, who was entirely unprepared and read from a list of canned questions. I then met a VP to whom I would have a dotted line report. There was no alignment between her and HR. Neither were particularly friendly. I couldn't wait to get out of there!

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in February 2008.

Referred to role by a current employee. First interview was an HR, "fit" interview where they asked basic questions on motivation to apply, and "why Philips". Important to try an answer in simple, short form

Second round was with manager of BU, who got into more technical details of the role. I had some experience but not enough.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply to Philips
      What are some of your strength and weaknesses?

Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics in December 2007.

Recruiter was top notch and no-nonsense. In person interview with managers was in depth and trying - 4 interviews in 8 hours but well worth it.

Philips doesn't negotiate. They make an offer and you accept or pass. Period.

Software Engineer Interview

Written + 2 Tech + 1 HR
    Written round was simple. Basic aptitude (quantitative and logical)+ technical. Interview was more job specific. One guy was testing my programming logic and subject knowledge and the second guy was testing whether I am fit for the post they offer. Both of them went through my resume. So if u r not confident abt anything then better don't write that in ur resume.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in December 2014.

3 Rounds, Aptitude Test, GD and Personal Interview. Aptitude test had a technical portion too. It was quick and efficient process overall. Interview was taken by a panel of 2, really modest people.

Interview Questions
    • It was a smooth ride. We talked about my internship and my experience as a member of my Hostel Executive Committee.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

First a technical test followed by two interview rounds, technical test also had aptitude questions and questions related to power systems. Interview was completely core and was very difficult, No one was able to crack the interview and they didn't hire anyone

Interview Questions
    • Nothing like unexpected but question from all the areas like communications, power and digital electronics were asked   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Philips Electronics in November 2014.

Got a call from consultancy. On interview date went to venu, around 50 people were there. After around one and half hour, got call for interview. Questions were standard. Could not solve 1st problem rest answered, but still could not get through 1st round.

Interview Questions
    • Create class like BigInteger in java to solve addition problem between two very big strings.   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Electronics in November 2014.

- I was called for the Sr. Tech Lead Big Data. But i was a Sr.QA engineer with the knowledge of Big Data . So there was a difference in the interviewing patterns

1st Round : There was a general interview round with lot of Big Data stuff. Tough i was not involved in the Map Reduce phase . I was asked about following things :
    - Partitioner
    - Combiner
    - Input Split
    - How do you test your code before pushing it to production ?
    - What is the cluster size
    - Sort and shuffle phase?

Interview Questions
    • There was a mismatch between the interviewer JD and Interview ?
      The interviewer follows up with you religiously till you take up the interview, but there is no response about the same to the candidates about the result. It shows , how unorganised the process was.
      You will have to follow up with the HR for further details.

Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Two round of interview. First round is telephone interview, which is just normal behavior questions. No unexpected questions. The second round is on-site interview. The interviewer is very nice, and talks a lot about the responsibilities of the position. Overall, I think the company working atmosphere is really good. It is definitely a good place to work for.