Philips Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2014
Updated Aug 10, 2014

2.8

Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philips Electronics.

Apply through the news paper advertisement, that was many years ago. Got an interview call in 2 weeks, total of 2 rounds of interview, and got an offer. The whole process is typical, nothing much to say, it was also pretty informal, overall it is OK.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philips Electronics.

was well organized, quick,smooth and clear. i was really impressed with the way it went. The job offer came immediately once the interview was positive. Looks like Philips like to do things quickly. But in this process sometimes, they recruit really bad talent.

Interview Questions
    it depends on the country, position, line manager and HR. in my case all was fine.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2011.

Was very thorough and detailed

no negotiation.

Procurement Internship Interview

Communication via mail only. I got a mail for the interview right after i had passed a numerical and a verbal test that were necessary to pass the first step. the second step was two separate interviews of one hour each, the first with the HR manager and the second with the forwarding and distribution manager. Nice atmosphere and very friendly and kind people.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were a policymaker in order to overcome the financial instability?   Answer Question

General Manager - Marketing Interview

This offer came to me via a consultant. The interview was with the hiring manager himself. He spent a disproportionate amount of time on explaining the role and the operations and he expected me to ask him questions along the way. This 45 min dialogue culminated in him asking me if i was interested in the role and the interivew started. Post this, there was only a HR round.

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Philips Electronics in May 2011.

One face to face interview (informal) followed by 2 video conference interviews in the Shanghai office.

Interviewed by very high level HR and management staff. The questions were very predictable and easy to answer.

It was difficult to prepare because no job description was provided (despite asking several times) [ I was referred to the position by someone in the company]

Interview Questions
    Very tough, you need to be sure of what you are entitled to, what you need to live on and what you will need in the long term.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eindhoven (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Electronics in December 2010.

smooth

Embedded Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2013.

a written round (apti+electrical stuff or OS) followed by 1 round interview

Interview Questions
    • think about something innovative... what can u do innovative in this field   View Answer
    pl dont take it up as an intern at any cost.
    if u do then dont keep any hopes of getting permanent job here.
    they take only experienced people as employees.

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philips Electronics.

Rather easy and straight forward

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a nasty manager and deal with manageria issues   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2010.

Campus interview. Initial Round - Written. Basic quant and C questions. Thru to the Tech round. Asked about my projects. Basic data structure questions in C and OS.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. The only offer ihad