Philips Electronics

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Rather easy and straight forward

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with a nasty manager and deal with manageria issues   Answer Question

Embedded Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2013.

a written round (apti+electrical stuff or OS) followed by 1 round interview

Interview Questions
    • think about something innovative... what can u do innovative in this field   View Answer
    pl dont take it up as an intern at any cost.
    if u do then dont keep any hopes of getting permanent job here.
    they take only experienced people as employees.

Not Entering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Need to know about industry, company. Attended 2 rounds of interview. But for others i have heard at least 5 to 6 rounds of interview would happen.

Philips has the scale and they would decide the salary based on the experience and educational level. I feel salary can be negotiated.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

After working as contractor for almost 2 year, the manager in charge recommended to convert to permanent employee, then HR start interview with only salary and benefits negotiation, after it was done, a medical exam is conducted and then start as new employee with 3-month probation, later confirmed.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in July 2012.

1st round is tes
    2nd round is an assesment center(solving cases in groups and also alone)
    3rd round is interview with you future department's manager

Interview Questions

Just want to work in top consulting firms

Agile Transformation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Electronics in May 2012.

Application on website results in a response within 2 weeks.
    Thereafter, it took a while before the interview took place because they gave preference to some other candidates who apparently had more experience. The interview was on a livemeeting. The interviewer was based in India.

Student Trainee (Summer Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in April 2012.

The interview process consists of 2 stages: Group assessment and individual manager interview.
    The group assessment was fun and relaxing. I was in a group of eight. It started with a brief self-introduction for about 1.5 minutes. Then we were given an individual task to give a 3-minute presentation to illustrate ourselves with an animal. We were allowed to have around 1 minute for preparation. The final task was an one-hour debate between 2 teams of four on a designated topic. There were time for us to discuss and prepare every time before presenting, where managers took their time to observe our teamwork and communication skills.
    The individual manager interview was fairly straight-forward. It was largely based on your CV. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. For me, the interviewer was also the manager that I had to report to consequently during my summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • The team debate was long and required good collaboration among your team. It was easy to lose concentration.   Answer Question

Regional Account Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2012.

- First interview with an HR manager, classical questions about my last job, why I wanted to join Philips, my professional goals, my motivations. No tricky questions, kind atmosphere.
    - Online verbal and numerical comprehension tests, personality tests.
    - 2nd and last interview with the HR Director and the Salesteam Manager with a 15' presentation about my action plan.
    - Contract received 3 days later.
    Nice people, insist a lot on Philips' values, personal development opportunities and team work. They don't try to trap you or to put in uncomfortable situations.

Director IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics in January 2012.

3 interviews and 7 tests

Graduate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Philips Electronics in October 2011.

I asked my professor at the University for an internship at Philips.
    He was an employee of Philips and was a visiting Professor at the University.
    He inquired about the projects available in his department and invited me to meet the people in charge.I chose the one which I was interested in and had a brief discussion with the person in charge of the project . Subsequently I was offered a position