Philips Healthcare

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Security Specialist (IT) Interview

Product Security Specialist (IT)
Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2013.

Interview Details – After the initial interview and 2nd interview, I felt the position as described, was not really what the hiring manager was looking for. After the panel interview, I was convinced my evaluation was correct. It seemed as though HR drafted the description, but the person I'd be working for had a completely different idea of what the position consisted of.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions asked. That was part of the problem, I approached it as IT INFOSEC position, but it seemed like they wanted more of a salesman than an INFOSEC specialist.   View Answer

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2014.

Interview Details – The entire interview process lasted 3-4 hours, and it included four independent interviews with different personnel from the department. The atmosphere was welcoming, and the questions were not technical in nature. You can expect to be asked questions that make you give specific examples from your work experience. And don't be surprised if you hear the same questions repeated by different interviewers; everyone uses the same STAR "play book."

Interview Question – In general, the questions were not difficult. Here are two:

In your experience, what is the most challenging aspect of collaborating with clinicians?

What is the difference between verification and validation?
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Andover, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2014.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend who works there. Scheduled a conf. call initial interview with primarily a single person asking the questions. Later that same day they contacted me to schedule an in-person interview for 5 days later. That interview lasted 4 hours and I met with 5 people. The hiring manager, the architect, and level 3, 4, & 5 software engineers. They were all very sharp and didn't focus on gotcha questions. 2 days later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Question – Had me comment on someone's code. Looking for me to offer advice on how to cleanup code, refactor, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had previously told the HR rep who setup the phone interview my desired salary. When the offer came it was exactly what I had asked for so I accepted it. It was a great offer and I didn't want to appear greedy by trying for more.

Verification and Validation Engineer Interview

Verification and Validation Engineer
Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in September 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly typical from what I am used to. I was interviewed by three employees. They were very clear about the job and work environment.

Learning Products Developer Interview

Learning Products Developer
Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR then phone screen with direct manager. In-person interview with 5 different peers, hiring manager, HR, then hiring manager again. Offer made following in-person interview.

Interview Question – The age old "What is your greatest weakness." Loathe that question, as how do you effectively respond to that??   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was right on target and expected for salary, so no real negotiations were required. Benefits were more than anticipated, so accepted position.

Administrative Assistant IV Interview

Administrative Assistant IV
Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruiter within hours of applying for this position online. The initial phone screen went well, and she contacted me the following week to set up a face-to-face interview. I received an email confirmation from HR with a detailed agenda of who I would be speaking with (2 department managers, an HR manager and 2 administrative assistants) and when, which was helpful. I was escorted to a small conference room and met with the first interviewer. She was very friendly and nice, and asked basic interview questions regarding the position. After that, things got odd. One of the department managers arrived, and admitted to me that he hadn't looked at my resume, which I thought was strange. Seconds after he sat down, we were interrupted by another interviewer, who said that the times had been switched, and that she was scheduled to interview me during this time. This was done in front of me, which seemed unprofessional. I found out later that another candidate signed in 15 minutes after I did, and they were conducting simultaneous interviews with us in separate rooms (I overheard her name being mentioned by one of the interviewers). The overall experience left a negative impression on me because there was an obvious lack of communication within this group. A panel interview would have been more efficient, as well as spending more time working out scheduling issues.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty basic - nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Commercial Operations Specialist Interview

Commercial Operations Specialist
Andover, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in May 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from HR, typical phone screen, moved on to in person interview. Standard questions are asked. Two depts who do the same thing were hiring so I was asked basically the same questions by two Managers which lasted about 30min a piece

Interview Question – I was asked about my current role and actually told that my current company did something it did not actually do. I tried to be civil and explain that what the expectation vs the reality was, but was told I was wrong, even thoguh i currently worked at said company.   View Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process was very thorough, and Philips had to get everyone 'on board' before they could make an offer. I spoke with 12 people either in person or via teleconference before they offered a position.

Interview Question – How to deal with sales force not engaged in product line   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Andover, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a Philips recruiter who asked me a bunch of technical questions. He didn't even know what he was reading or what I was saying. It was a little weird. I also got the impression that I was getting the "you should be so lucky to work here!" routine.

Interview Question – How many years of systems level programming experience do you have?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Since I wasn't actively looking for new work, I felt I should be sort of interviewing them as well.
And the arrogance of the inside employee was not appealing.

Very Difficult Interview

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in December 2008.

Interview Details – After three different phone screenings, flew me across the Pacific Ocean to interview me during the holiday season. The interview took all day..met with dept heads, division heads, technical people, other product managers..it was grueling..

Interview Question – Majority of the questions were related to products and market segment related.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – From my POV, I just didn't click with my direct supervisor. She seemed to be very set to her own way of doing things and not open to new ideas.

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!