Philips Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.9

Final Release Inspector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

The actual Interview was more informative than anything. Just told me about the job specifics, what I'd be doing etc. then asked to define quality. There was only one interview. However, I know that has changed a lot. There are multiple interviews now and they are more in depth.

Interview Questions
    • What does quality mean to you or what is your definition of quality?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first interview was the generic HR interview that included brief background and work history. The second interview was a panel interview and lastly I spoke with the hiring manager more about how my expertise would fit the role.

Interview Questions
    • More background related and how I can fit within the company.   Answer Question

Technical Instructor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Did a lengthy phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter mentioned that they needed to hire someone quickly and would be scheduling face-to-face interviews the following week. I followed up with the recruiter via email about one week after my phone interview to see if Philips wanted to move forward with me. It has been several weeks and I still have not heard back from anyone. Not very classy.

Senior Quality Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

I applied on-line and got a quick response. A+

I got several calls from different people at the same facility all essentially asking the same preliminary questions and wanting to set up a phone interview. B-

The phone interview was vanilla, basically a resume walk-through with the standard questions "why did you leave, etc." C+

After passing that low hurdle, I was cleared for a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, I was contacted by two separate people who were doing each other's job. It was clear that internal communication was faulty. C-

The 1:1 was actually pretty good, with some thoughtful questions posed and artfully answered. Nothing too intense or difficult, but they showed that the manager had actually read my resume and wanted more background in my technical specialty, and had a plan. A

Then came the request for the on-site interview. The two-person juggling really came into play here - the morning of the interview I got a call asking me to come in early as the person who initially set up the schedule had not looked at the second person's schedule. Didn't matter, because the second person was a no-show after all!

At this point for most companies this is more of a "chemistry test" for peers and subordinates. Not here; this was a rehash of the phone interviews with the HR and hiring manager, and a seemingly endless parade of people who had little real interest in the open position, hadn't glanced at, much less read my resume, and it consumed an entire afternoon - 12:00 to 5:30 pm with no letup.

The conflicting answers to my questions revealed that the interviewers were not on the same page as to expectations for the position, and the job (IMHO) was a suicide mission. I told the hiring manager about the conflicting statements and he was both confused and annoyed. F

Overall it was poorly organised, poorly prepared, and a gross waste of an excessive amount of time. I really expected better. The idea that interviewees typically have to schedule vacation time to accommodate a half-day interview did not seem to occur to them, either. You are expected to be at their beck and call.

Interview Questions
    • Truly nothing difficult about the questions as most interviewers just wanted to be done.   Answer Question

CT Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

I met the hiring manager through a Networking event from my university. We had a department sponsored networking event for students who are looking for jobs. We talked during the networking event and the hiring manager agrees to give me a chance for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any related technical background with medical imaging system? Do you have any industry experience? The three words that can describe your personalities?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2015.

I submitted my resume on their careers website in December 2014. I recieved an email 3 weeks later from the corporate recruiter account manager about scheduling a phone interview for a screening. A few days later , the recruiter called to ask some basic screening questions..previous experience, salary expectations, and information about job that applied..ect, I then was told she will review my resume with the hiring manager and select a few candidates to bring in for a 1-1 interview. 1 week later got a call from the recruiter to set up a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and a few members of their team. The next week met onsite with the hiring manager and a few people together via panel style. I had to do a presentation 20 minutes, then 40 minutes interview questions, and then 10 minute Q&A from me.

A few days later, got a call from the recruiter informing me that they had an offer that they would like extend. Reviewed offer, emailed recruiter counter-offer base on my research for similar jobs in area and work experience. Recruiter reviewed my counter offer, and advise she will submit information to HR Director and Hiring Manager for Approval. Two days later counter offer was accepted. I then accepted the offer agreed. 1 week later completed background check, and drug screen. I then received a start date from recruiter after background check was completed.

Interview Questions
    • How do I handle change in the workplace. How to improve the Customer Experience using people, process, and technology. What is my leadership style?   Answer Question
    A few days after my interview, I got a call from the recruiter informing me that they had an offer that they would like extend. Reviewed offer, emailed recruiter counter-offer base on my research for similar jobs in area and work experience. Recruiter reviewed my counter offer, and advise she will submit information to HR Director and Hiring Manager for Approval. Two days later counter offer was accepted. I then accepted the offer agreed. 1 week later completed background check, and drug screen. I then received a start date from recruiter after background check was completed.

1. Do your research on the average job range for position applied
    2. During the intial phone screen give them a range of your expected salary if asked..I recommend at least 20K range.
    3. Sell yourself during the counter-offer, highlight your strengths and why you are requesting a higher salary.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Electronic application where resume is submitted. Resume is reviewed and if a position is available, an HR representative will call to ask initial questions. If the initial screen shows a person has the experience and credentials for the job position, an aptitude test will sometimes be needed before continuing to the next interview stage. If the aptitude exam is satisfactory, the next interview will be with the supervising manager. A decision will be made based on that interview.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the most difficult question would be the one a person doesn't know. The interview process is only to find people that are suited for the job. If a person doesn't know the answer, it's likely that person hasn't prepared for the interview or isn't capable of doing the job.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in December 2014.

Initial phone screen with the recruiter followed by another technical phone screen. Then in-person interview two technical (peer panel and manager) and two behavioral with peers / managers. Technical interviews involved a mix of high-level design and technology specific questions related to their products. All interviewers were very open to questions and thoroughly explained the organization and products.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions to verify skills / knowledge listed on the resume   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Phone interview with recruiter. Then two phone interviews with hiring manager. We had lots to talk about. An in-person interview with key stakeholders that lasted several hours.
    It was a good fit. The interviews were easy.
    I was offered the position, negotiated for more $ and vacation, received it and accepted the offer.
    I regret joining this company, however, and am looking for a new job.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate higher salary and vacation.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

they want honest people with at least 3 years Experience, easy interview.
    going for HR interview, get interviewed by 3 different engineering directors.
    the interview lasted about one hour.
    good luck with your interview

Interview Questions
    • going for HR interview, get interviewed by 3 different engineering directors.   Answer Question