Philips Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.9

Clinical Research Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I submitted my application and got a call from HR the very next day. She was very nice on the phone, and started describing the position in detail, including all of the responsibilities and even the benefits the company offered. She then asked a little about myself and my current position. She mistakenly thought I worked in heart monitor research, but I am in oncology. I think that's the main reason she contacted me, as I got an "Oh" in response, and the job is for sleeping and pulmonary devices. Although, she remained enthusiastic and said she would submit my information to the hiring manager and should expect someone to get in contact with me within a couple days. A week and half went by, so I reached out and asked if she would get back to me regardless of whether they were still interested or not, and she replied with, "Yes, I get back to candidates either way." Well, I never heard anything back, and that was about a month ago. It's fine that they do not want to go further in the interviewing process, but do not lie to candidates and say you'll get back to them either way and do not. It only keeps you waiting in anticipation, and it's a huge letdown when so much time passes without anything.

Interview Questions

• Typical screening questions like why I wanted to leave my current company after many years with them, and also what kind of salary I was looking for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Around a week after applying, I was contacted via E-mail asking when I would be available for a phone interview. The following day a lady from Philips called me and asked me about my skills, education, and experience. I was called later that day to arrange travel for a face to face interview with management in Austin, Texas. I traveled to Texas for the interview, which I thought went well, but I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   1 Answer
    • Describe your experience in dealing with customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, Basic questions about personality and resume. They let you take your time to let you think about a time and your answers. Mainly wanted to make sure you were willing to travel and relocate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time/task where you were asked to do something that may or may not have been morally wrong.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview went great and I was asked many personality types of questions. They asked questions that were related to dealing with people on a one on one basis. Also asked about how would I feel to travel.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great fit for the company?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a third-party recruiting company. They forwarded my resume and a short explanation of my work history to the Philips HR Specialist/Hiring Manager. A phone interview was set up for later that week with HR. HR specialist described the position, explained company culture, answered any questions I had. An onsite interview was then set up for a week later with the Hiring Manager. Nothing overly technical, general questions and personality fit type of interview. Two days later I received a call that they wanted to make an offer, no negotiation was necessary. Overall the process was great. Everyone communicated efficiently, and for such a large company I was impressed with how personal they were able to make the process.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to this role that other applicants will not?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary, the offer exceeded all expectations.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Andover, MA).

Interview

I had a good interface with two people who were involved with the interview process. They were polite and sold the company's positives with me. I drank the corporate cool aid. The company seemed pretty stable and the corporate culture seemed nice from what a friend/former colleague who now works for Philips had shared with me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Andover, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with the two managers I would eventually be working with individually to talk about recent courses I had completed, and my knowledge with various Microsoft programs. I was then taken on a tour of the building that I was in by one of the managers who seemed to know everyone that was working there.

Interview Questions

• I was given an excel file and asked to generate a specific output and corresponding graph.   Answer Question

Big Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare in April 2015.

Interview

Got a email from HR from Netherlands. Did an Skype interview for half an hour then another phone interview for an hour with 2 researchers more on other sections lol

Interview Questions

• Describe what have you done and then go more into details about one of your projects where they stopped me and asked more detailed questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

The actual Interview was more informative than anything. Just told me about the job specifics, what I'd be doing etc. then asked to define quality. There was only one interview. However, I know that has changed a lot. There are multiple interviews now and they are more in depth.

Interview Questions

• What does quality mean to you or what is your definition of quality?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first interview was the generic HR interview that included brief background and work history. The second interview was a panel interview and lastly I spoke with the hiring manager more about how my expertise would fit the role.

Interview Questions

• More background related and how I can fit within the company.   Answer Question