Philips Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Cleveland, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a third-party recruiting company. They forwarded my resume and a short explanation of my work history to the Philips HR Specialist/Hiring Manager. A phone interview was set up for later that week with HR. HR specialist described the position, explained company culture, answered any questions I had. An onsite interview was then set up for a week later with the Hiring Manager. Nothing overly technical, general questions and personality fit type of interview. Two days later I received a call that they wanted to make an offer, no negotiation was necessary. Overall the process was great. Everyone communicated efficiently, and for such a large company I was impressed with how personal they were able to make the process.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to this role that other applicants will not?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was necessary, the offer exceeded all expectations.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview went great and I was asked many personality types of questions. They asked questions that were related to dealing with people on a one on one basis. Also asked about how would I feel to travel.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great fit for the company?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Andover, MA).

Interview

I had a good interface with two people who were involved with the interview process. They were polite and sold the company's positives with me. I drank the corporate cool aid. The company seemed pretty stable and the corporate culture seemed nice from what a friend/former colleague who now works for Philips had shared with me.

Big Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in April 2015.

Interview

Got a email from HR from Netherlands. Did an Skype interview for half an hour then another phone interview for an hour with 2 researchers more on other sections lol

Interview Questions

• Describe what have you done and then go more into details about one of your projects where they stopped me and asked more detailed questions   1 Answer

Final Release Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

The actual Interview was more informative than anything. Just told me about the job specifics, what I'd be doing etc. then asked to define quality. There was only one interview. However, I know that has changed a lot. There are multiple interviews now and they are more in depth.

Interview Questions

• What does quality mean to you or what is your definition of quality?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. The first interview was the generic HR interview that included brief background and work history. The second interview was a panel interview and lastly I spoke with the hiring manager more about how my expertise would fit the role.

Interview Questions

• More background related and how I can fit within the company.   Answer Question

Interaction Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I found Philips at a job fair at CMU campus. They were nice and very calm, and invited me back for a second interview before offering me a position a few days later. During the interviews they asked me about my work-flow, philosophies, and I explained my curriculum and where I stood in this interdisciplinary world of Interaction Design. Overall they didn't get too into detail about technical stuff. They were primarily interested in my general flow, as well final results of some specific projects I'd done. After passing the urine screening and confirming some background checks I was good to go.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain what my work process is like.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They paid me more than I asked for. I have no idea why.

Embedded Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Ask me about OOP experience, lasted for about half an hour. They invited 8 students to attend the interview and everyone had 30 min. As I do not have enough C++ experience, I think I do not have a strong background.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

Did a lengthy phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter mentioned that they needed to hire someone quickly and would be scheduling face-to-face interviews the following week. I followed up with the recruiter via email about one week after my phone interview to see if Philips wanted to move forward with me. It has been several weeks and I still have not heard back from anyone. Not very classy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

I applied on-line and got a quick response. A+

I got several calls from different people at the same facility all essentially asking the same preliminary questions and wanting to set up a phone interview. B-

The phone interview was vanilla, basically a resume walk-through with the standard questions "why did you leave, etc." C+

After passing that low hurdle, I was cleared for a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, I was contacted by two separate people who were doing each other's job. It was clear that internal communication was faulty. C-

The 1:1 was actually pretty good, with some thoughtful questions posed and artfully answered. Nothing too intense or difficult, but they showed that the manager had actually read my resume and wanted more background in my technical specialty, and had a plan. A

Then came the request for the on-site interview. The two-person juggling really came into play here - the morning of the interview I got a call asking me to come in early as the person who initially set up the schedule had not looked at the second person's schedule. Didn't matter, because the second person was a no-show after all!

At this point for most companies this is more of a "chemistry test" for peers and subordinates. Not here; this was a rehash of the phone interviews with the HR and hiring manager, and a seemingly endless parade of people who had little real interest in the open position, hadn't glanced at, much less read my resume, and it consumed an entire afternoon - 12:00 to 5:30 pm with no letup.

The conflicting answers to my questions revealed that the interviewers were not on the same page as to expectations for the position, and the job (IMHO) was a suicide mission. I told the hiring manager about the conflicting statements and he was both confused and annoyed. F

Overall it was poorly organised, poorly prepared, and a gross waste of an excessive amount of time. I really expected better. The idea that interviewees typically have to schedule vacation time to accommodate a half-day interview did not seem to occur to them, either. You are expected to be at their beck and call.

Interview Questions

• Truly nothing difficult about the questions as most interviewers just wanted to be done.   Answer Question