Philips Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

I applied on-line and got a quick response. A+

I got several calls from different people at the same facility all essentially asking the same preliminary questions and wanting to set up a phone interview. B-

The phone interview was vanilla, basically a resume walk-through with the standard questions "why did you leave, etc." C+

After passing that low hurdle, I was cleared for a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, I was contacted by two separate people who were doing each other's job. It was clear that internal communication was faulty. C-

The 1:1 was actually pretty good, with some thoughtful questions posed and artfully answered. Nothing too intense or difficult, but they showed that the manager had actually read my resume and wanted more background in my technical specialty, and had a plan. A

Then came the request for the on-site interview. The two-person juggling really came into play here - the morning of the interview I got a call asking me to come in early as the person who initially set up the schedule had not looked at the second person's schedule. Didn't matter, because the second person was a no-show after all!

At this point for most companies this is more of a "chemistry test" for peers and subordinates. Not here; this was a rehash of the phone interviews with the HR and hiring manager, and a seemingly endless parade of people who had little real interest in the open position, hadn't glanced at, much less read my resume, and it consumed an entire afternoon - 12:00 to 5:30 pm with no letup.

The conflicting answers to my questions revealed that the interviewers were not on the same page as to expectations for the position, and the job (IMHO) was a suicide mission. I told the hiring manager about the conflicting statements and he was both confused and annoyed. F

Overall it was poorly organised, poorly prepared, and a gross waste of an excessive amount of time. I really expected better. The idea that interviewees typically have to schedule vacation time to accommodate a half-day interview did not seem to occur to them, either. You are expected to be at their beck and call.

Interview Questions

• Truly nothing difficult about the questions as most interviewers just wanted to be done.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume on their careers website in December 2014. I recieved an email 3 weeks later from the corporate recruiter account manager about scheduling a phone interview for a screening. A few days later , the recruiter called to ask some basic screening questions..previous experience, salary expectations, and information about job that applied..ect, I then was told she will review my resume with the hiring manager and select a few candidates to bring in for a 1-1 interview. 1 week later got a call from the recruiter to set up a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and a few members of their team. The next week met onsite with the hiring manager and a few people together via panel style. I had to do a presentation 20 minutes, then 40 minutes interview questions, and then 10 minute Q&A from me.

A few days later, got a call from the recruiter informing me that they had an offer that they would like extend. Reviewed offer, emailed recruiter counter-offer base on my research for similar jobs in area and work experience. Recruiter reviewed my counter offer, and advise she will submit information to HR Director and Hiring Manager for Approval. Two days later counter offer was accepted. I then accepted the offer agreed. 1 week later completed background check, and drug screen. I then received a start date from recruiter after background check was completed.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle change in the workplace. How to improve the Customer Experience using people, process, and technology. What is my leadership style?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A few days after my interview, I got a call from the recruiter informing me that they had an offer that they would like extend. Reviewed offer, emailed recruiter counter-offer base on my research for similar jobs in area and work experience. Recruiter reviewed my counter offer, and advise she will submit information to HR Director and Hiring Manager for Approval. Two days later counter offer was accepted. I then accepted the offer agreed. 1 week later completed background check, and drug screen. I then received a start date from recruiter after background check was completed.

1. Do your research on the average job range for position applied
    2. During the intial phone screen give them a range of your expected salary if asked..I recommend at least 20K range.
    3. Sell yourself during the counter-offer, highlight your strengths and why you are requesting a higher salary.

CT Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

I met the hiring manager through a Networking event from my university. We had a department sponsored networking event for students who are looking for jobs. We talked during the networking event and the hiring manager agrees to give me a chance for interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any related technical background with medical imaging system? Do you have any industry experience? The three words that can describe your personalities?   1 Answer

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

Electronic application where resume is submitted. Resume is reviewed and if a position is available, an HR representative will call to ask initial questions. If the initial screen shows a person has the experience and credentials for the job position, an aptitude test will sometimes be needed before continuing to the next interview stage. If the aptitude exam is satisfactory, the next interview will be with the supervising manager. A decision will be made based on that interview.

Interview Questions

• I would say the most difficult question would be the one a person doesn't know. The interview process is only to find people that are suited for the job. If a person doesn't know the answer, it's likely that person hasn't prepared for the interview or isn't capable of doing the job.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Foster City, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the recruiter followed by another technical phone screen. Then in-person interview two technical (peer panel and manager) and two behavioral with peers / managers. Technical interviews involved a mix of high-level design and technology specific questions related to their products. All interviewers were very open to questions and thoroughly explained the organization and products.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions to verify skills / knowledge listed on the resume   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Then two phone interviews with hiring manager. We had lots to talk about. An in-person interview with key stakeholders that lasted several hours.
    It was a good fit. The interviews were easy.
    I was offered the position, negotiated for more $ and vacation, received it and accepted the offer.
    I regret joining this company, however, and am looking for a new job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate higher salary and vacation.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

they want honest people with at least 3 years Experience, easy interview.
    going for HR interview, get interviewed by 3 different engineering directors.
    the interview lasted about one hour.
    good luck with your interview

Interview Questions

• going for HR interview, get interviewed by 3 different engineering directors.   Answer Question

Entry Level - Drafter/Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied online and had receive a response the same week. First was a phone interview from their headquarters, then an on-site interview with the hiring manager and three other members of a certain drafting group. Got rejected the first round as they held multiple on-site interviews. Questions involved personality, outside of resume, and how to deal with other people.

Interview Questions

• Explain in 10 steps the process of getting up in the morning to getting a bowl of cereal.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Cleveland, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

First round was on campus and second round at their Cleveland facility. The questions were based off the resume and quite straight forward. The final round also included a presentation of your background and why you are interested in this program.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions along with marketing concepts. Unfortunately, they never came back on what the final result was. I sent them many emails asking for feedback, but there was no response at all - very unprofessional of them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

Everyone seemed nice - but when it came down to it, no one ever let me know after going in and interviewing with 2 different people. Straight forward interview explaining position and discussing qualifications.