Philips Healthcare

Updated Dec 10, 2014

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in June 2014.

Listing was posted on Indeed. Contacted company. Had a phone interview which went very well. Company was looking for mult-ivendor service. Awaiting response for face to face interview. Looking forward to challege if presented to me.

Interview Questions
    • For me was when can I start. Being out of state and having to move would require some time. Wasn't sure exactly how to answer. I am always honest though.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

I applied for a position online via the Philips careers site. Was contacted by two recruiters who scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a discussion (about 40-45 minutes). The conversation felt a bit like getting drilled or interrogated. It eventually ended abruptly and the hiring manager mentioned that my recruiter would contact me to follow up. I reached out to the primary recruiter, but didn't receive a response. I later received an automated notification that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • What do you look for in your work environment or company culture?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

techincal, software design techniques, methodology

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2014.

The entire interview process lasted 3-4 hours, and it included four independent interviews with different personnel from the department. The atmosphere was welcoming, and the questions were not technical in nature. You can expect to be asked questions that make you give specific examples from your work experience. And don't be surprised if you hear the same questions repeated by different interviewers; everyone uses the same STAR "play book."

Interview Questions
    • In general, the questions were not difficult. Here are two:

In your experience, what is the most challenging aspect of collaborating with clinicians?

What is the difference between verification and validation?

Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2014.

Long, disjointed, and unprofessional. HR seems not to have a process and they don't communicate with candidates. You will also meet with a bunch of folks have no direct impact on the process.

Interview Questions
    • This place is all about the "fit"and this is more of a behavioral assessment interview.   Answer Question
    • No question was difficult...the process was awkward.   Answer Question

Really low salary!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2014.

Referred by a friend who works there. Scheduled a conf. call initial interview with primarily a single person asking the questions. Later that same day they contacted me to schedule an in-person interview for 5 days later. That interview lasted 4 hours and I met with 5 people. The hiring manager, the architect, and level 3, 4, & 5 software engineers. They were all very sharp and didn't focus on gotcha questions. 2 days later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Questions
    • Had me comment on someone's code. Looking for me to offer advice on how to cleanup code, refactor, etc.   Answer Question
    I had previously told the HR rep who setup the phone interview my desired salary. When the offer came it was exactly what I had asked for so I accepted it. It was a great offer and I didn't want to appear greedy by trying for more.

Customer Service Specialist III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Recruitment at Philips is very streamlined and moves along nicely from start to finish. First step is a phone interview with a recruiter, then if approved, a group interview is offered. Philips is quite large, be sure to follow up (a few times) if you want to be noticed and considered.

Interview Questions
    • Research "targeted interviewing." Recruiters and hiring managers are more interested in the impact you made when performing your previous job duties rather than the duties themselves.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Pricing Manager Interview

The process is dead slow. Recruiter may contact after 3-4 weeks. He will submit resume to hiring manager. If s/he likes will take another 2-3 weeks to setup 1st interview. Then 2-3 more weeks for next round. The whole process has to complete to make a decision. If you are dropped from the list in between, you are not informed. When you try to reach out recruiter, it all goes to junk. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have sales experience? It was unexpected because I never said that in resume or interview. In fact, they didnt mention it as a requirement in the job description   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

The hiring process was clear and enjoyable. Yes, they made the process of hiring and interviewing enjoyable. What more can be said?!

Interview Questions
    • What would someone with your skill sets do at a company like ours where the skill sets don't seem an ideal match?   View Answer
    My advice is to delay salary discussions until you have a solid offer.

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Be prepared to answer scenario questions and explain how you solved problems previoulsy, They will check all of your refereces to be prepared. You will interview with numerous managers. THe hiring process can take about 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what are your weaknesses   View Answer