Philips Healthcare

Updated Dec 10, 2014

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2014.

I initially secured my interview through Software Specialists, who matched my listed skills up against what Philips was looking for to ensure a match. After I passed that step, I had a brief phone call with the hiring manager at the Monroeville location. It was non-technical, essentially ensuring that they had all of the information they needed from my resume. A few days later, I received a technical interview over the phone. One engineer spoke while the other listened in on the conference call. I was asked a series of questions regarding my .Net skills, both asking about my experiences and also asking specific language questions about C#. A few days later, I was called in for a face-to-face interview on-site. They gave me a wide variety of times and I wound up picking one in the morning. I met with three people. I was supposed to meet with four, but the fourth person was snowed in. Oddly enough, I was asked very few questions. Instead, most of the "interview" consisted of them telling me about the project and its details. I was asked a few softball questions regarding programming practices, including source control, architecting practices, and how I might construct a set of unit tests for a given situation.

At the end of the interview, I was informed that I would receive an answer within a day's time. As it stood, it took them two days, but I can't rightly complain, as that's surprisingly fast for most companies. Unfortunately, my start date was delayed due to issues with paperwork, but they had a drug test and papers sent to me the day after they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was regarding how I might design a set of unit tests for an incoming stream of numeric data with specific formats.   View Answer
    Prior to being offered the job, I was asked about my desired hourly rate and was told that I was not eligible for benefits through Philips, although Software Specialists offered a plan. As it is, Software Specialists negotiated an hourly rate a dollar higher than what I had initially requested.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2014.

Using my university's recruiting website, I contacted an alum who got me in contact with the Philips recruiting team. I was referred to the director of imaging FEP for a personality/background interview (~45 min). About a week later, spoke with person in charge of Ultrasound specifically. Offer was made shortly after this phone call.

Interview Questions
    • (paraphrasing) How do you deal with clients when they are clearly in the wrong but are demanding compensation for a perceived wrong?   Answer Question
    Rates are set - not really a negotiation. But I'm not complaining - the offer included a high (for college grad) salary and great benefits, not to mention a vehicle!

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2014.

Applied online via company website. Recruiting Manager (RM) contacted me via e-mail within 2 days to schedule a phone interview. We spoke for about 30-40 minutes. She was pleasant and the dialogue was dynamic. After the call, she indicated it would take a couple weeks for her to discuss candidates with the hiring manager. I think it took longer, and every several days I would email the RM back to inquire of any updates. Things were not progressing quickly, but at the least, the RM was responding back to me, which I appreciated. In the end, the RM's final update was that the hiring manager wanted to look at other candidates. To end, the RM indicated that if there were other job postings at the company, I could direct any initial inquiries to her and she would help out however she could.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was/were any. Pretty standard pre-screening phone interview, wanting to know background, work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

A discussion based interview that allowed you to get to know the work environment at Philips. They did a great job at discussing the culture at Philips and what the job position would entail. It was an enjoyable interview. The interviewees has reviewed the resume so they knew what to talk about.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Contacted by a corporate recruited. Short telephone interview (20 minutes). Seven hour job interview starting with a one hour presentation of my skills.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were relative and appropriate. No off-the-wall or obscure questions   Answer Question
    I discussed salary options with the recruiter before the telephone interview. and negotiated a higher salary after the initial offer. Understanding the value of the salaries is imperative to obtaining fair compensation

Product Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Lengthy process. Multiple interview in several cities. Simply be prepared to answer questions related to current healthcare circumstances. Have product knowledge. Research branding and messaging before your interview to understand if this is a match for you.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle difficult sales demonstrations, clients, or circumstances?   View Answer
    I negotiated the salary I desired.

Hardware Test Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in October 2013.

Initially, I had applied for the position via my university's job search portal. A few weeks later, I spoke with a campus recruiter via email and was then handed off to another HR employee a couple weeks after my initial conversation. At that point, the HR employee was interested in me as a candidate and set up an interview with a senior engineer. Later that week, I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a question about CPU architecture and also 2 questions about programming languages I had listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in October 2013.

The process for the interview was very easy. I applied online for their internship position. A recruiter contacted me 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. I interviewed with my hiring manager, and was offered the position 2 days later. There was no hard questions, just the basic tell me about yourself and some questions off of my resume.

Research Scientist Interview

Included phone interview and in person interview with presentations

Interview Questions
    • Situational question and how to deal with some specific challenges   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First got a call from HR then was arranged a on-site interview.