Philips Healthcare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in March 2013.

Interview Details – Basic interview process. Was asked to explain every single project I had done or worked with.

Interview Question – Nothing as far as I can recall   Answer Question

Product Applications Specialist Interview

Product Applications Specialist
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview Details – Lengthy process. Multiple interview in several cities. Simply be prepared to answer questions related to current healthcare circumstances. Have product knowledge. Research branding and messaging before your interview to understand if this is a match for you.

Interview Question – How will you handle difficult sales demonstrations, clients, or circumstances?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the salary I desired.

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

Interviewed at Philips Healthcare

Interview Details – Included phone interview and in person interview with presentations

Interview Question – Situational question and how to deal with some specific challenges   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Philips Healthcare

Interview Details – First got a call from HR then was arranged a on-site interview.

Interview Question – To provide a solution to a real problem.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview Details – The company posted the position in March and I applied soon thereafter.
Interview process started only after I had an inside reference prod HR and the hiring manager after my reference recommended me for the position. First interview was with a junior recruiter who asked the basics. Second interview was with a senior recruiter who dug a little more deeply into my background. Both were phone interviews. The next interview was an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager who promised an in person interview with his peers. That was scheduled, met with the peers and the hiring manager for a sum total of 5 hours. The last interview was the division head which was all of 30 minutes. Count the amount of time I spent.. a sum total of 7.5 hours. Unreal! That’s time I will not get back. While I did not get an offer, I had to follow up no less than 20 times to finally get some closure. Found the process to be very unprofessional.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer
Framingham, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview and than 1/2 day with 30-40min of each team member from direct manager to other engineers and project managers that are related to the assigned job

Interview Question – I would recommend the candidate to learn the area of expertise of the specific team he's intending to join   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, from the begging the offer was good, above the industry average.

Master Data Specialist Interview

Master Data Specialist

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview Details – The Philips career website is easy to use but it seems like your stuff goes into a black hole. It took about a month to get a call-back on one of my applications, but the interviewer scheduled a first in-person interview relatively quickly. The interviewers were polite and thorough and a decision was made shortly after my 2nd interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really a negotiation. They presented a formal offer letter, and I accepted.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Philips Healthcare

Interview Details – Open position on website. Submitted resume. HR emailed a response within a couple days for phone interview. Arranged for an agreeable time for both parties to review resume. Call was more of a phone interview with situational questions and salary history. HR decided to take to next step of a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Salary   View Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Clinical Specialist
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in August 2010.

Interview Details – 4 Interviews. Initial phone with HR. 2nd phone with a Clinical Specialist person in that role. 3rd phone with Clinical Manager. 4th live onsite with Manager and team (Process of 3 months)

Interview Question – Behavior/situational style interviewing. Discussed conflict resolution. Provided information regarding difficult employee (team lead) that you will be joining/working with and how you would handle   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – With HR. They stuck to there initial offer. Would not negotiate further. Document what HR promises, story changes after

Full-Line Account Manager Imaging Division Interview

Full-Line Account Manager Imaging Division
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in August 2009.

Interview Details – It was a long time ago and I entered the process with imaging sales experience. I would ask the Regional and Zone managers how long they have been in their current position...some areas don't sustain longevity. Please keep in mind that this is a long sales cycle.

Interview Question – Having been in the industry with a competitor there really was not a "difficult or unexpected question". It was really about seeing if there was a personality match and if we could agree on compensation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Being a very large company they don't negotiate much but I was able to get a one year commission guarantee.