Philips Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Clinical Informatics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Briarcliff Manor, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Briarcliff Manor, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Normal procedure: First Phone interview with recruiter and then onsight interviews(7 interviews back to back) Even though i had interned with them, Philips went ahead with following all the steps as with external applicant. Phone interview was just with basic questions by a recruiter. Had normal questions about resume and wor exp. Was called for onsite interview- Presented my previous work for 30 mins and then 7 rounds of back to back interview started . Interview questions were mostly around topics on resume. everyone gave an idea about job responsibilities. At the end they gave a very vague reason for declining me an offer. No questions regarding my weakness which they mentioned while declining an offer. And to come out with vague reason for declining offer they took more than 80 days from day of applying.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask much difficult technical questions. Every question was from work exp.   Answer Question

Quality Clinical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Monroeville, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews. Then interview with the team. 4 people total. Very laid back interview. I was asked to complete a sample quality report but was told the results would not determine if I was chosen over the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over others?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

I applied for a position online via the Philips careers site. Was contacted by two recruiters who scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a discussion (about 40-45 minutes). The conversation felt a bit like getting drilled or interrogated. It eventually ended abruptly and the hiring manager mentioned that my recruiter would contact me to follow up. I reached out to the primary recruiter, but didn't receive a response. I later received an automated notification that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in your work environment or company culture?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

techincal, software design techniques, methodology

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Bothell, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

A personnel agency contacted me after finding my resume on line. I was 1 of 12 who had a phone interview. They brought three people in for a then a face to face interview and I was selected. I have a broad range of technical knowledge and I think that helped. It is too bad because this was a grunt job with no thinking. I later found out that the thing that got me selected over the other 2 candidates was I was on a pension and had a 401K and health coverage. That meant I could support periods of not working when they had a low work load.

Interview Questions

• What was my favorite oscilloscope?   1 Answer
    • How will I cover medical since this position has no benefits?   1 Answer

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Andover, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

The entire interview process lasted 3-4 hours, and it included four independent interviews with different personnel from the department. The atmosphere was welcoming, and the questions were not technical in nature. You can expect to be asked questions that make you give specific examples from your work experience. And don't be surprised if you hear the same questions repeated by different interviewers; everyone uses the same STAR "play book."

Interview Questions

• In general, the questions were not difficult. Here are two: In your experience, what is the most challenging aspect of collaborating with clinicians? What is the difference between verification and validation?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2014.

Interview

Long, disjointed, and unprofessional. HR seems not to have a process and they don't communicate with candidates. You will also meet with a bunch of folks have no direct impact on the process.

Interview Questions

• This place is all about the "fit"and this is more of a behavioral assessment interview.   Answer Question
    • No question was difficult...the process was awkward.   Answer Question

Really low salary!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Andover, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Referred by a friend who works there. Scheduled a conf. call initial interview with primarily a single person asking the questions. Later that same day they contacted me to schedule an in-person interview for 5 days later. That interview lasted 4 hours and I met with 5 people. The hiring manager, the architect, and level 3, 4, & 5 software engineers. They were all very sharp and didn't focus on gotcha questions. 2 days later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Had me comment on someone's code. Looking for me to offer advice on how to cleanup code, refactor, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had previously told the HR rep who setup the phone interview my desired salary. When the offer came it was exactly what I had asked for so I accepted it. It was a great offer and I didn't want to appear greedy by trying for more.

Customer Service Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

Recruitment at Philips is very streamlined and moves along nicely from start to finish. First step is a phone interview with a recruiter, then if approved, a group interview is offered. Philips is quite large, be sure to follow up (a few times) if you want to be noticed and considered.

Interview Questions

• Research "targeted interviewing." Recruiters and hiring managers are more interested in the impact you made when performing your previous job duties rather than the duties themselves.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Pricing Manager Interview

Interview

The process is dead slow. Recruiter may contact after 3-4 weeks. He will submit resume to hiring manager. If s/he likes will take another 2-3 weeks to setup 1st interview. Then 2-3 more weeks for next round. The whole process has to complete to make a decision. If you are dropped from the list in between, you are not informed. When you try to reach out recruiter, it all goes to junk. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience? It was unexpected because I never said that in resume or interview. In fact, they didnt mention it as a requirement in the job description   Answer Question