Philips Healthcare

Philips Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

Research Scientist Interview

Included phone interview and in person interview with presentations

Interview Questions
    • Situational question and how to deal with some specific challenges   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

First got a call from HR then was arranged a on-site interview.

Verification and Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in September 2013.

The hiring process was fairly typical from what I am used to. I was interviewed by three employees. They were very clear about the job and work environment.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

The company posted the position in March and I applied soon thereafter.
    Interview process started only after I had an inside reference prod HR and the hiring manager after my reference recommended me for the position. First interview was with a junior recruiter who asked the basics. Second interview was with a senior recruiter who dug a little more deeply into my background. Both were phone interviews. The next interview was an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager who promised an in person interview with his peers. That was scheduled, met with the peers and the hiring manager for a sum total of 5 hours. The last interview was the division head which was all of 30 minutes. Count the amount of time I spent.. a sum total of 7.5 hours. Unreal! That’s time I will not get back. While I did not get an offer, I had to follow up no less than 20 times to finally get some closure. Found the process to be very unprofessional.

Master Data Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

The Philips career website is easy to use but it seems like your stuff goes into a black hole. It took about a month to get a call-back on one of my applications, but the interviewer scheduled a first in-person interview relatively quickly. The interviewers were polite and thorough and a decision was made shortly after my 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't really a negotiation. They presented a formal offer letter, and I accepted.

Manager Interview

Open position on website. Submitted resume. HR emailed a response within a couple days for phone interview. Arranged for an agreeable time for both parties to review resume. Call was more of a phone interview with situational questions and salary history. HR decided to take to next step of a face to face interview.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in August 2013.

Very intense, in the field interview process. Three interviews with hiring manager, two face to face interview with other reps, plus phone interview with VP. worth it!

Interview Questions
    The package was exceptional. Benefits started day one, company car, all expenses covered, 3 weeks vacation, top base salary, 3 months guarantee and top dollar.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Latham, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

I went through Adecco who set up the initial interview, great company on both ends. Enjoy being an employee for Adecco as for Philips. Phone interviewed for both.

I did not negotiate

Software Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fitchburg, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fitchburg, WI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in May 2013.

Summary:
    20 minute phone interview with recruiter
    1 hour phone interview with hiring manager
    1 hour phone interview with a CSR
    1/2 day on-site interview with hiring manager and others
    30 minute phone interview with the director of the customer support team
    Was offered position and I accepted. Entire process from application to acceptance was 7 weeks.

Details below:

Applied through Philips' online system. Initial phone interview with recruiter within a week of application lasted about 20 minutes. Basically it was just to make sure I was still interested in the position, and that I am intelligible on the phone.

I was contacted around 1.5 weeks later to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager, which took place a week after that and lasted about an hour. It was very positive; I got a very good idea of what the position entails. I was asked to interview on-site the following week. I was upfront and asked how many people they had in the running, and was told that at that point it would be between me and one other interviewing candidate.

The on-site interview was half a day including a lunch interview. Travel was paid for by Philips, with certain expenses paid out of pocket to be reimbursed. I met with the hiring manager, one other person in the same position I was interviewing for, and two individuals with similar backgrounds as me but working more on the software development side of things. The atmosphere was pleasant and upbeat; I didn't see any red flags to denote any personnel issues. Questions were not very difficult, and for the most part it seemed the interview was more of a chance to see how well I would meld with the team. Mostly it was describing myself and how I work, discussing the area, etc.

When I was waiting for one of the interviewers, another CSR was happy to demonstrate some new features of the software I would be providing support for. I also met in passing the general manager of the division, who happened to be in town. She seemed busy but extremely pleasant.

A few days later I had a final phone interview with the director of the customer support team, who had been out of town during the on-site interview. I had been told that she is very professional and businesslike, and demands and expects high performance from the team; in this I was not led astray. It was the most "interview-like" interview I have ever had, with traditional questions like "What is your greatest weakness?", etc. She was candid in letting me know what she thought my weaknesses as a candidate were, and asked me how I would deal with them. It was still positive, just more challenging.

After this interview, I was asked what my salary expectations were and was given benefit and relocation information (excellent benefits). I was offered the position (contingent on a background check) within 2 days, with my salary expectation very nearly met. Start date wasn't specified in the offer; they basically left it up to me (within reason).

Strangely, I was never asked for references. However, they contacted my then-current supervisor with my permission (I was in a training/working program with a fixed ending date).

Interview Questions
    • You have very good quality of experience, but it has been short in duration. How will you deal with that?   View Answer
    I didn't attempt to negotiate salary, as I felt their offer was more then fair, considering my limited experience. Vacation seemed pretty set in stone, and was adequate, and again, my level of experience made me reluctant to seek more. I sought clarification of professional growth reimbursement benefits, and was told that things of that nature are typically done on a case-by-case basis at the manager level.

I asked about receiving compensation if I chose to purchase my own health insurance instead of taking the company plan (long story for why I would do this), but was told that it's not done. I never negotiated directly with someone who could make decisions and changes, just the recruiter/company liaison. I believe the size of Philips makes variations from the standard offer difficult at the level of my position; perhaps at higher levels there is more flexibility.

Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in May 2013.

I applied for this position during the end of my last semester of college. I initially presented my work to one of the senior Industrial Designers during an informal conversation at a school job fair. He was liked my work and invited me back the next day for a more formal interview which called for a more extensive presentation of my design work to date. It went well, and the following week I was contacted to come in and present my work to the Industrial Design team as a sort of 'final interview' stage. I conducted the presentation about 3 weeks after my initial interview, and received an offer about a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • There was not really one single question that stood out to me, just expect to be presenting to a whole team of designers for the final interview (5+) and not just a one on one sit down type of deal.   Answer Question