Philips Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

The hiring process was clear and enjoyable. Yes, they made the process of hiring and interviewing enjoyable. What more can be said?!

Interview Questions

• What would someone with your skill sets do at a company like ours where the skill sets don't seem an ideal match?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My advice is to delay salary discussions until you have a solid offer.

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

Be prepared to answer scenario questions and explain how you solved problems previoulsy, They will check all of your refereces to be prepared. You will interview with numerous managers. THe hiring process can take about 3 months.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what are your weaknesses   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Monroeville, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I initially secured my interview through Software Specialists, who matched my listed skills up against what Philips was looking for to ensure a match. After I passed that step, I had a brief phone call with the hiring manager at the Monroeville location. It was non-technical, essentially ensuring that they had all of the information they needed from my resume. A few days later, I received a technical interview over the phone. One engineer spoke while the other listened in on the conference call. I was asked a series of questions regarding my .Net skills, both asking about my experiences and also asking specific language questions about C#. A few days later, I was called in for a face-to-face interview on-site. They gave me a wide variety of times and I wound up picking one in the morning. I met with three people. I was supposed to meet with four, but the fourth person was snowed in. Oddly enough, I was asked very few questions. Instead, most of the "interview" consisted of them telling me about the project and its details. I was asked a few softball questions regarding programming practices, including source control, architecting practices, and how I might construct a set of unit tests for a given situation. At the end of the interview, I was informed that I would receive an answer within a day's time. As it stood, it took them two days, but I can't rightly complain, as that's surprisingly fast for most companies. Unfortunately, my start date was delayed due to issues with paperwork, but they had a drug test and papers sent to me the day after they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was regarding how I might design a set of unit tests for an incoming stream of numeric data with specific formats.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Prior to being offered the job, I was asked about my desired hourly rate and was told that I was not eligible for benefits through Philips, although Software Specialists offered a plan. As it is, Software Specialists negotiated an hourly rate a dollar higher than what I had initially requested.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Durham, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Using my university's recruiting website, I contacted an alum who got me in contact with the Philips recruiting team. I was referred to the director of imaging FEP for a personality/background interview (~45 min). About a week later, spoke with person in charge of Ultrasound specifically. Offer was made shortly after this phone call.

Interview Questions

• (paraphrasing) How do you deal with clients when they are clearly in the wrong but are demanding compensation for a perceived wrong?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Rates are set - not really a negotiation. But I'm not complaining - the offer included a high (for college grad) salary and great benefits, not to mention a vehicle!

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Bothell, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online via company website. Recruiting Manager (RM) contacted me via e-mail within 2 days to schedule a phone interview. We spoke for about 30-40 minutes. She was pleasant and the dialogue was dynamic. After the call, she indicated it would take a couple weeks for her to discuss candidates with the hiring manager. I think it took longer, and every several days I would email the RM back to inquire of any updates. Things were not progressing quickly, but at the least, the RM was responding back to me, which I appreciated. In the end, the RM's final update was that the hiring manager wanted to look at other candidates. To end, the RM indicated that if there were other job postings at the company, I could direct any initial inquiries to her and she would help out however she could.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was/were any. Pretty standard pre-screening phone interview, wanting to know background, work experience, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Andover, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

My initial phone interview was with one manager. My second phone interview was with two managers. The phone interview with basic technical questions. My interviewer was kind of awkward and it seemed like he wasn't prepared to give the interview. We talked for about 30 minutes and it seemed like most answers I gave he checked on a sheet of paper.I was offered the role nearly three months later.

Interview Questions

• Heavily technical with great emphasis being placed on relevant experience and collaboration.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

A discussion based interview that allowed you to get to know the work environment at Philips. They did a great job at discussing the culture at Philips and what the job position would entail. It was an enjoyable interview. The interviewees has reviewed the resume so they knew what to talk about.

Product Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Lengthy process. Multiple interview in several cities. Simply be prepared to answer questions related to current healthcare circumstances. Have product knowledge. Research branding and messaging before your interview to understand if this is a match for you.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle difficult sales demonstrations, clients, or circumstances?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated the salary I desired.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in October 2013.

Interview

The process for the interview was very easy. I applied online for their internship position. A recruiter contacted me 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. I interviewed with my hiring manager, and was offered the position 2 days later. There was no hard questions, just the basic tell me about yourself and some questions off of my resume.

Hardware Test Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare (Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially, I had applied for the position via my university's job search portal. A few weeks later, I spoke with a campus recruiter via email and was then handed off to another HR employee a couple weeks after my initial conversation. At that point, the HR employee was interested in me as a candidate and set up an interview with a senior engineer. Later that week, I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about CPU architecture and also 2 questions about programming languages I had listed on my resume.   Answer Question