Philips Healthcare

Updated Dec 13, 2014

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Briarcliff Manor, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Briarcliff Manor, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in April 2013.

Telephonic Interview based on your previous work

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Philips Healthcare in March 2013.

Applied online through Indeed.com. Senior Recruiter called me back the next day to schedule an interview later that afternoon. Interviewed with her it took about 30 minutes, asked me questions about how would handle certain situations. I answered to best of my ability, then asked me if I have any questions of my own, she could only give me vague answers to the position. She said I should expect a call at the end of the week from another manager. That manager emailed me about 1 1/2 weeks later and we scheduled the phone interview later that afternoon. He called me promptly at the time he said he would and asked generally the same questions that the Senior Recruiter asked. After the interview was over asked me if I have any questions and said he would get in touch with the regional manager and I would have a face to face interview with him. More to come after I finish that interview. Both interviewers so far were very personal and seemed very interested in what I had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something about you I do not see on your resume'.   View Answer

Contracts Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Philips Healthcare in March 2013.

The same day I applied, I received an email from the recruiter for the Bothell, WA location to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes, and it was just a few behavioral questions such as, "Explain to me a time you had the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership skills." A couple days later, I received an email to schedule an in-person interview with the hiring manager. During this interview, the hiring manger had a couple other employees with her. And again the questions were primarily behavioral. Everyone who participated in interviewing me was very friendly, and it sounded like their team likes to make sure their day is not dull.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked, "what type of people do not get along with you?" Although this is a common asked question, I have difficulty answering it. I have never worked with anyone that did not like me.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in March 2013.

Basic interview process. Was asked to explain every single project I had done or worked with.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Not a complex process. Telephone interview, Face to Face interview, interviewed with several coworkers and some negotiations regarding salary.

Software Developer Interview

The interview process was made up of three phases. First, the phone screen interview was done with a technical person highly knowledgeable about the job requirements and the project. I believe it was the architect. Once approved, I was invited for the second phase of 3 interviews in a row. A lot of technical drilling. Once approved I was invited for another set of 3 interviews equally as drilling in technical topics.

Product Security Specialist (IT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2013.

After the initial interview and 2nd interview, I felt the position as described, was not really what the hiring manager was looking for. After the panel interview, I was convinced my evaluation was correct. It seemed as though HR drafted the description, but the person I'd be working for had a completely different idea of what the position consisted of.

Interview Questions
    • There were no particularly difficult questions asked. That was part of the problem, I approached it as IT INFOSEC position, but it seemed like they wanted more of a salesman than an INFOSEC specialist.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2013.

I was contacted by the recruiter within hours of applying for this position online. The initial phone screen went well, and she contacted me the following week to set up a face-to-face interview. I received an email confirmation from HR with a detailed agenda of who I would be speaking with (2 department managers, an HR manager and 2 administrative assistants) and when, which was helpful. I was escorted to a small conference room and met with the first interviewer. She was very friendly and nice, and asked basic interview questions regarding the position. After that, things got odd. One of the department managers arrived, and admitted to me that he hadn't looked at my resume, which I thought was strange. Seconds after he sat down, we were interrupted by another interviewer, who said that the times had been switched, and that she was scheduled to interview me during this time. This was done in front of me, which seemed unprofessional. I found out later that another candidate signed in 15 minutes after I did, and they were conducting simultaneous interviews with us in separate rooms (I overheard her name being mentioned by one of the interviewers). The overall experience left a negative impression on me because there was an obvious lack of communication within this group. A panel interview would have been more efficient, as well as spending more time working out scheduling issues.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty basic - nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Software Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in June 2012.

Had one phone interview and another one on campus. They were pretty brief - questions were asked in general about my skills, work experience, what I wish to learn.

Interview Questions
    • A question on filters from Digital Communication! Which one is used for filtering noise?   View Answer
    $25/hour

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in June 2012.

I think the interview process really varies. You can start at as a temp. I've seen a lot of people hired from contract positions to permanent ones. Some hires are quickly brought on board. Some are put through a number of interviews. It really depends on your manager. It's not very regimented.

Interview Questions
    • You are asked a lot of situational questions and question that are meant to get to who you are and what your values are.   View Answer