Philips Healthcare

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview Details – 1. Phone screen/interview with HR representative.
2. Phone screen/technical interview the multiple engineers.
3. In person interpersonal skills interview with Director/Senior Engineer.

Interview Question – Initial HR screen was fair and balanced.
Technical interview was difficult and you had better know your trade.
In person interview was very difficult. I left wondering if I would receive an offer. Many different interpersonal behaviorism questions and the Director wouldn't accept a typical boxed answer. He kept digging for difficult circumstances and waited for me to give him personal experiences regarding argumentative work circumstances, which I did. Oil and water circumstances where things boiled over, etc. I would say that if you tell the truth...you have good odds, assuming you're actually qualified. I would say one suspicious answer would probably cause the Director to take the offer off the table.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. There was not a lot of difference between what I wanted and the initial offer, but I stood my ground and eventually received an agreeable offer to my counter offer. I advise caution here. You had better be a good wordsmith and know how to word your counter letter before you decline the initial offer. The Director I worked with is a no non-sense personality type.

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in March 2011.

Interview Details – First you speak with Philips HR recruiter who asks you basic questions to see if your interested in the position. Then a day after you speak with the Sr. Network Engineer who asks you some technical questions to see if your a good fit.

After you pass the phone interview you go in person and speak with the manager who also asks you technical questions along with some personal questions.
Tech Questions:
What port numbers do the following protocols use: FTP, TFTP,DNS,ETC (whole list of technologies)
How do you setup OSFP
How do you telnet into a device in Cisco IOS

Then you speak with the Sr. Engineer again, he puts you through a lot of simulation technical questions such as setting up EIGRP or OSPF. Also stuff about ACLs

Interview Question – What port numbers are designated to the following protocols: FTP, TFTP,SSL,HTTPS,DNS,WINS..........ETC   Answer Question

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!