Philips Healthcare

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview Details – techincal, software design techniques, methodology

Interview Question – c++ quiz   Answer Question

Andover, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a Philips recruiter who asked me a bunch of technical questions. He didn't even know what he was reading or what I was saying. It was a little weird. I also got the impression that I was getting the "you should be so lucky to work here!" routine.

Interview Question – How many years of systems level programming experience do you have?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Since I wasn't actively looking for new work, I felt I should be sort of interviewing them as well.
And the arrogance of the inside employee was not appealing.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in March 2013.

Interview Details – initial communication : done by one of the HR
process : one objective c++ written test containing 45 c++ question every part of c++ ( about 200 people reached at the venue to give the test).
after test after 2 weeks i was called for technical interview .
2 rounds of technical interview ( with level of question).
1 managerial and 1 HR interview ( in this interview mostly compensation are decided ).

Interview Question – emphasis was more on threading and data structure .   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was good

Interviewed at Philips Healthcare

Interview Details – Good process, multiple rounds no written

Interview Question – Why you want to leave current organization.   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview Details – One telephonic, 2 technical, 2 HR
Telephonic was technical, and technical rounds are bit difficult

Interview Question – Questions on COM/ATL though I expected them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered more than I asked

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in July 2011.

Interview Details – For a senior software engineer position I had to go through an objective test testing my technical skills. After clearing a round of interview. Then a project manager round and then HR discussion. But the way of conducting there recruitment drive is very poor. For me I was told to contact the contact person once I reach the company campus. But my contact person din't respond and I saw there was a herd of many software engineers already there waiting for an objective test. When I reported to the reception I was simply directed like others to the Test center. The test went on for 1 hr. After I cleared my objective test, I was told by some HR who was responsible to conduct the test, that I would be contacted by the recruitment agency later in a week day for an interview. So I was expected to leave for the day. But later during that same day my contact person again called me up and asked me me to come down. I told her whatever was communicated to me. From this I felt that there is a serious lack of communication in the recruitment drive. The contact person then told me that as communicated to me by other HR I would be called later next week.

Then I waited next week for a call from Philips. When till Friday I din't get a call, I called my contact person anxiously asking about my status. I was told that since I left that day, they interviewed and offered somebody else and the opening got closed. I was depressed and also was angry about the miscommunication due to which I din't get a chance to make it to PHILIPS.

Then suddenly next to next week I got a call from PHILIPS to come down for a technical discussion the very next day. I went and I cleared and was offered.

Thus with this experience of mine I believe it was sheer luck which had converted my application into an offer.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in September 2011.

Interview Details – 8 people gave me interview and a lot of questions were asked repeatably.
The applications they used are windows-based, so they didn't understand session or other web applications concepts.
They did have a winform project asked me to write code.
The interview was not difficult, and they asked you a lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was too good. The question were asked exactly on what you ve worked and from there drill down process started. Its not that the interviewer have something in his mind and expected same from you. initially he made me to explain all things I was doing previously from there on he started drilling to check the depth of my knowledge.

Overall interview was good.

Interview Question – What you ll do if bug is logged in the last week of testing and you are not sure about the effects of the bug. In the sense you can retest the bug easily but you dont have any idea whether it will affect the other areas of the application. will you check the whole the application or how u ll proceed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was good but they didnt offered more than what they earlier said to me.
Be optimistic while negotiating. If you ask too much then there is a chance for a second person to get the offer. Saying this if you are very good skill n knowledge u can sell yourself as much as u can..

Interviews for Top Jobs at Philips Healthcare

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Philips Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

Philips Healthcare is a world-wide leader in cardiac care, patient monitoring, home healthcare solutions, and related customer service. What's more important though, is that we're a family of 18,000 people across… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Philips Healthcare Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Philips Healthcare employees and interview candidates.