Philips Healthcare

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Bothell, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview
Then invited to company campus for a 6 hour interview (9AM - 3PM no lunch break).

Interview Questions

• Tell about your old projects in C++
    Behavior questions from the project managers:
     - What would you do if a member in your group is not active?
     - How do you motivate yourself?
     - What do you see yourself in 10 years?
     - Have you ever had a problem that you could not solve? What did you do in that situation?
     - Have you ever brought up an innovative idea to your team?
    ...
      Answer Question
  • What is polymorphism?
    How to know if a linked list is circular?
    When to use static_cast and dynamic_cast?
    What's the use of declaring a constructor as private?
    Using object-oriented design, implement a text editor.
    Given a piece of C++ code (of their project), explain what it is doing.
      Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in October 2011.

Interview Details – I have a 6+ years of experience in C# .net and have attended a lot of interviews but hadn't seen any crappier than this.
I was asked to attend the interview on a saturday, had to travel around 50 Kms from city and wait for 2 hours hence walked away. They called me again on monday, travelled the distance.

The interviewer whose name i dont want mention here, thinks that by instantiating a value type Garbage collector is kicked. Asked around 4 basic questions about .Net and then asked me to leave.

I am yet to know why he didn't like my answers

Interview Question – Explain Garbage Collection   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Philips Healthcare

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Philips Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

Philips Healthcare is a world-wide leader in cardiac care, patient monitoring, home healthcare solutions, and related customer service. What's more important though, is that we're a family of 18,000 people across… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Philips Healthcare Software Engineer II interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Philips Healthcare employees and interview candidates.