Philips Healthcare Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014
14 interviews

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

I applied for a position online via the Philips careers site. Was contacted by two recruiters who scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a discussion (about 40-45 minutes). The conversation felt a bit like getting drilled or interrogated. It eventually ended abruptly and the hiring manager mentioned that my recruiter would contact me to follow up. I reached out to the primary recruiter, but didn't receive a response. I later received an automated notification that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions
  • What do you look for in your work environment or company culture?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Philips Healthcare

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Andover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2014.

Referred by a friend who works there. Scheduled a conf. call initial interview with primarily a single person asking the questions. Later that same day they contacted me to schedule an in-person interview for 5 days later. That interview lasted 4 hours and I met with 5 people. The hiring manager, the architect, and level 3, 4, & 5 software engineers. They were all very sharp and didn't focus on gotcha questions. 2 days later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Questions
    • Had me comment on someone's code. Looking for me to offer advice on how to cleanup code, refactor, etc.   Answer Question
    I had previously told the HR rep who setup the phone interview my desired salary. When the offer came it was exactly what I had asked for so I accepted it. It was a great offer and I didn't want to appear greedy by trying for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monroeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2014.

I initially secured my interview through Software Specialists, who matched my listed skills up against what Philips was looking for to ensure a match. After I passed that step, I had a brief phone call with the hiring manager at the Monroeville location. It was non-technical, essentially ensuring that they had all of the information they needed from my resume. A few days later, I received a technical interview over the phone. One engineer spoke while the other listened in on the conference call. I was asked a series of questions regarding my .Net skills, both asking about my experiences and also asking specific language questions about C#. A few days later, I was called in for a face-to-face interview on-site. They gave me a wide variety of times and I wound up picking one in the morning. I met with three people. I was supposed to meet with four, but the fourth person was snowed in. Oddly enough, I was asked very few questions. Instead, most of the "interview" consisted of them telling me about the project and its details. I was asked a few softball questions regarding programming practices, including source control, architecting practices, and how I might construct a set of unit tests for a given situation.

At the end of the interview, I was informed that I would receive an answer within a day's time. As it stood, it took them two days, but I can't rightly complain, as that's surprisingly fast for most companies. Unfortunately, my start date was delayed due to issues with paperwork, but they had a drug test and papers sent to me the day after they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was regarding how I might design a set of unit tests for an incoming stream of numeric data with specific formats.   View Answer
    Prior to being offered the job, I was asked about my desired hourly rate and was told that I was not eligible for benefits through Philips, although Software Specialists offered a plan. As it is, Software Specialists negotiated an hourly rate a dollar higher than what I had initially requested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in March 2013.

Basic interview process. Was asked to explain every single project I had done or worked with.

Software Engineer Interview

First got a call from HR then was arranged a on-site interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in July 2008.

Phone interviews leading to on-site interview in the Bay Area. Flew in for interviews in the office for the day. In-person interviews with engineers and leadership. Asked to perform a presentation on an architecture for a system given certain parameters to figure out how I think and what the style of presentation of a technical idea.

Interview Questions
    • Present a detailed architecture for a system that must perform certain functionality.   Answer Question

Salary wasn't competitive with other offers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manipala (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manipala (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in October 2013.

Internship converted into full time emplyee. THe company came to campus for inteviews. There were 2 rounds of interview. One techincal and other was a group inteview with a manager and HR

no negotiations. fixed offer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

The question from 2 technical interviews:
    1)Provide a design of the searching for a word in the file system,i.e. given a word return all files where the word appears.
    2)Provide a design of the puzzle solver
    3)Given an unsorted array of integers and integer x, find all pairs of integers from the array which sum is x.
    4)Reverse linked list
    5)Represent a mask for voxels set using minimum memory
    6)Whats is a difference between process and thread
    7)What is a difference between abstract class and interface
    8)Given n unsorted time Intervals find the period of time with the maximum time intersections number
    9)What is big endian/little endian systems.How is it possible to check what is an endian in you computer?
    10)Projects description

Interview Questions
    • When I gave right answers they stopped me .Looked that they are very agressive   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Best (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Best (Netherlands)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in July 2013.

Applied on their website. Then received inviation for interview by email. Did a one-time interview with the project manager. During the interview also meet with two other team members. About two weeks later received their offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in December 2009.

Need to be technically strong to fit into Healthcare domain.

Interview Questions

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!