Philips Healthcare

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview Details – I applied for a position online via the Philips careers site. Was contacted by two recruiters who scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a discussion (about 40-45 minutes). The conversation felt a bit like getting drilled or interrogated. It eventually ended abruptly and the hiring manager mentioned that my recruiter would contact me to follow up. I reached out to the primary recruiter, but didn't receive a response. I later received an automated notification that the position had been filled.

Interview Question – What do you look for in your work environment or company culture?   Answer Question

Andover, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in February 2014.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend who works there. Scheduled a conf. call initial interview with primarily a single person asking the questions. Later that same day they contacted me to schedule an in-person interview for 5 days later. That interview lasted 4 hours and I met with 5 people. The hiring manager, the architect, and level 3, 4, & 5 software engineers. They were all very sharp and didn't focus on gotcha questions. 2 days later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Question – Had me comment on someone's code. Looking for me to offer advice on how to cleanup code, refactor, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had previously told the HR rep who setup the phone interview my desired salary. When the offer came it was exactly what I had asked for so I accepted it. It was a great offer and I didn't want to appear greedy by trying for more.

Monroeville, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in January 2014.

Interview Details – I initially secured my interview through Software Specialists, who matched my listed skills up against what Philips was looking for to ensure a match. After I passed that step, I had a brief phone call with the hiring manager at the Monroeville location. It was non-technical, essentially ensuring that they had all of the information they needed from my resume. A few days later, I received a technical interview over the phone. One engineer spoke while the other listened in on the conference call. I was asked a series of questions regarding my .Net skills, both asking about my experiences and also asking specific language questions about C#. A few days later, I was called in for a face-to-face interview on-site. They gave me a wide variety of times and I wound up picking one in the morning. I met with three people. I was supposed to meet with four, but the fourth person was snowed in. Oddly enough, I was asked very few questions. Instead, most of the "interview" consisted of them telling me about the project and its details. I was asked a few softball questions regarding programming practices, including source control, architecting practices, and how I might construct a set of unit tests for a given situation.

At the end of the interview, I was informed that I would receive an answer within a day's time. As it stood, it took them two days, but I can't rightly complain, as that's surprisingly fast for most companies. Unfortunately, my start date was delayed due to issues with paperwork, but they had a drug test and papers sent to me the day after they offered me the job.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was regarding how I might design a set of unit tests for an incoming stream of numeric data with specific formats.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Prior to being offered the job, I was asked about my desired hourly rate and was told that I was not eligible for benefits through Philips, although Software Specialists offered a plan. As it is, Software Specialists negotiated an hourly rate a dollar higher than what I had initially requested.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in March 2013.

Interview Details – Basic interview process. Was asked to explain every single project I had done or worked with.

Interview Question – Nothing as far as I can recall   Answer Question

Interviewed at Philips Healthcare

Interview Details – First got a call from HR then was arranged a on-site interview.

Interview Question – To provide a solution to a real problem.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in July 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interviews leading to on-site interview in the Bay Area. Flew in for interviews in the office for the day. In-person interviews with engineers and leadership. Asked to perform a presentation on an architecture for a system given certain parameters to figure out how I think and what the style of presentation of a technical idea.

Interview Question – Present a detailed architecture for a system that must perform certain functionality.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary wasn't competitive with other offers.

Manipala (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in October 2013.

Interview Details – Internship converted into full time emplyee. THe company came to campus for inteviews. There were 2 rounds of interview. One techincal and other was a group inteview with a manager and HR

Interview Question – the interview is easy. basics of data structures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations. fixed offer

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview Details – The question from 2 technical interviews:
1)Provide a design of the searching for a word in the file system,i.e. given a word return all files where the word appears.
2)Provide a design of the puzzle solver
3)Given an unsorted array of integers and integer x, find all pairs of integers from the array which sum is x.
4)Reverse linked list
5)Represent a mask for voxels set using minimum memory
6)Whats is a difference between process and thread
7)What is a difference between abstract class and interface
8)Given n unsorted time Intervals find the period of time with the maximum time intersections number
9)What is big endian/little endian systems.How is it possible to check what is an endian in you computer?
10)Projects description

Interview Question – When I gave right answers they stopped me .Looked that they are very agressive   Answer Question

Best (Netherlands)

I applied online - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on their website. Then received inviation for interview by email. Did a one-time interview with the project manager. During the interview also meet with two other team members. About two weeks later received their offer.

Interview Question – A technical quesiton. How to get the ground truth.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Healthcare in December 2009.

Interview Details – Need to be technically strong to fit into Healthcare domain.

Interview Question – What will you do if you are not selected?   Answer Question

Worked for Philips Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!