Philips Healthcare Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Foster City, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the recruiter followed by another technical phone screen. Then in-person interview two technical (peer panel and manager) and two behavioral with peers / managers. Technical interviews involved a mix of high-level design and technology specific questions related to their products. All interviewers were very open to questions and thoroughly explained the organization and products.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions to verify skills / knowledge listed on the resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Philips Healthcare

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Interview

I applied for a position online via the Philips careers site. Was contacted by two recruiters who scheduled a phone screen with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a discussion (about 40-45 minutes). The conversation felt a bit like getting drilled or interrogated. It eventually ended abruptly and the hiring manager mentioned that my recruiter would contact me to follow up. I reached out to the primary recruiter, but didn't receive a response. I later received an automated notification that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in your work environment or company culture?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Andover, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Referred by a friend who works there. Scheduled a conf. call initial interview with primarily a single person asking the questions. Later that same day they contacted me to schedule an in-person interview for 5 days later. That interview lasted 4 hours and I met with 5 people. The hiring manager, the architect, and level 3, 4, & 5 software engineers. They were all very sharp and didn't focus on gotcha questions. 2 days later I had an offer in hand.

Interview Questions

• Had me comment on someone's code. Looking for me to offer advice on how to cleanup code, refactor, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had previously told the HR rep who setup the phone interview my desired salary. When the offer came it was exactly what I had asked for so I accepted it. It was a great offer and I didn't want to appear greedy by trying for more.

Anonymous Employee in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Monroeville, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I initially secured my interview through Software Specialists, who matched my listed skills up against what Philips was looking for to ensure a match. After I passed that step, I had a brief phone call with the hiring manager at the Monroeville location. It was non-technical, essentially ensuring that they had all of the information they needed from my resume. A few days later, I received a technical interview over the phone. One engineer spoke while the other listened in on the conference call. I was asked a series of questions regarding my .Net skills, both asking about my experiences and also asking specific language questions about C#. A few days later, I was called in for a face-to-face interview on-site. They gave me a wide variety of times and I wound up picking one in the morning. I met with three people. I was supposed to meet with four, but the fourth person was snowed in. Oddly enough, I was asked very few questions. Instead, most of the "interview" consisted of them telling me about the project and its details. I was asked a few softball questions regarding programming practices, including source control, architecting practices, and how I might construct a set of unit tests for a given situation. At the end of the interview, I was informed that I would receive an answer within a day's time. As it stood, it took them two days, but I can't rightly complain, as that's surprisingly fast for most companies. Unfortunately, my start date was delayed due to issues with paperwork, but they had a drug test and papers sent to me the day after they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was regarding how I might design a set of unit tests for an incoming stream of numeric data with specific formats.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Prior to being offered the job, I was asked about my desired hourly rate and was told that I was not eligible for benefits through Philips, although Software Specialists offered a plan. As it is, Software Specialists negotiated an hourly rate a dollar higher than what I had initially requested.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First got a call from HR then was arranged a on-site interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There were both technical questions and behavioral questions. The technical questions were not bad. They look for creative answers.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Cleveland, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Basic interview process. Was asked to explain every single project I had done or worked with.

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Andover, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

Got an interview through internal referral. The technical interview process took half a day with 6 people (1 HR, architect, tech lead and peers). Questions included basic programming questions, past projects, OOP design.

Interview Questions

• Write a Fibonacci function. Describe a project you have worked on in details (include class diagram, sequence diagram, etc)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (San Francisco, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

Phone interviews leading to on-site interview in the Bay Area. Flew in for interviews in the office for the day. In-person interviews with engineers and leadership. Asked to perform a presentation on an architecture for a system given certain parameters to figure out how I think and what the style of presentation of a technical idea.

Interview Questions

• Present a detailed architecture for a system that must perform certain functionality.   Answer Question

Salary wasn't competitive with other offers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Healthcare (Haifa (Israel)) in March 2015.

Interview

One on one 1.5 hour interview with Unit Software Manager verbally and in writing. Prev job questions at the first. 2 logical questions to write a methods. Question about expectation and company knowledge.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • 2. Tell me about you prev job and project details. What was your exactly role and your achievements and solutions? What is struct of the project?   Answer Question
    • 3. Implement ToString() function for integer String ToString(int a){...}   1 Answer
    • 4. Build method to get a number of islands on MxN matrix of 1 and 0, where 1 is land and 0 is water. int GetIslandsNum(arr[M,N]){...}   Answer Question
    • 5. What do you want to know about us?   Answer Question