Philips Healthcare

Philips Healthcare Technical Specialist Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Healthcare.

Atleast 3 rounds of interview.
First - Technical round by developer/lead
Second - Technical round by Architect
Third : Manager round
Fourth : HR round and offer

Other Interview Reviews for Philips Healthcare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in March 2013.

1st was written test on c# after that 2 rounds of technical interview then management round and last was HR

Interview Questions
    • i was asked to write a program to reverse a single link list without creating a new node.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in May 2012.

Philips Innovation Centre HR contacted via email. Initial telephonic round was scheduled which was OK. The guy just went through resume and asked few technical questions related to projects. Lasted for around 20-25 mins. Was asked to come for F2F. On the day of F2F the same guy along with his manager ran through technical round for almost an hour. They didn't have any questions coming from their own mind. Everything was how I did one thing or other in my projects. The way both presented themselves gave me an impression of bureaucratic organization where designation mattered. Manager didn't seem to be interested in the questions asked by his subordinate. Later I was asked to fill up 4 page form detailing everything right from education, every job, references, reason for change, goals, positive/negative things about self, ... Since the HR person who contacted initially was on leave that day I was attended by her team member who kept on discussing only salary and how I shouldn't expect for a raise since I was already getting paid more than Philips standard. He kept on emphasizing about Philips Brand again and again. Didn't find him convincing enough as he struggled to explain what better things Philips could offer. I was asked to finish my lunch at cafeteria within 15 mins as I was scheduled to meet the Director of the group. At least the lady seemed professional and asked about career, my past experiences and explained group's activity quite well. They told me that they wanted me onboard. Overall it took more than 4 hours.

I was told that I would be reimbursed to and fro travels but when they sensed I wasn't interested they stopped all the communication and didn't pay the money. Probably a way of life for Philips HR.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you did you design layered software in your project   Answer Question

Gave me a feeling like government organization and of course was not sane enough to take a pay cut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in November 2011.

I had an overall good interview experience. The bad part though was that I had to wait for 5 hours for my turn for the interview. They asked me in the mail to come around 8.00 am. I reach arnd 7.45, and reported myself available. Since I made some friends there, I spent time speaking with them. So I actually dint feel the time pass by. I was called at arnd 1 for the first round

1st Round
    He was first started by asking to explain about me. Then he asked some basic questions on asp.net, C# like page life cycle, view state, sessions. Then he went into specifics of page life cycle like what exactly does page_init do, what happens during a postback, then how to you dynamically add a control to the asp.net page. Once he knew I had good understanding of asp.net, he went into OOPS and Design Pattern concepts.
    Questions asked
    - Diff bw Interface and abstract class
    - Polymorphism
    - He gave me list of classes (A, B deriving from A, C deriving from B, etc). He wanted to know how the constructor gets called if a instance of C is created. Then a few questions on virtual/overridden function concepts
    - Signing of assemblies - practical qs on this
    - He gave me a problem on design (cyclic dependency of dlls ) - and asked me to solve it.
    - Factory pattern with example
    - Singleton pattern with code

2nd Round
    this round was much tougher. Here I was mostly asked design related questions. He would put down a design a problem, I would have to give the best possible design to overcome the problem. He asked me 3 different problem, I thought I could answer every one of them satisfactorily. Once that was done he asked me process related qs like, how would I actually go onto put in the design once the requirement comes - what are the steps involved between requirements to actual design code.

3rd round was more process oriented qs and less technical. Mostly they were assessing my attitude, and my fitment to the company and role.
    4th was HR

I was told I was selected, and I was sent the offer letter the very next day morning.

My advice to people would be to know your basics well, brush up your design skills (Design patterns and OOPS) - knowing theory alone will not help here, they will ask you to apply the design principles on a practical problem.

Interview Questions
    • A cyclic dependency problem - A.dll needs to refer B.dll and B.dll want to use A.dll. So there is a cyclic dependency. How would you solve this problem using a good design. (constraint - Dont move the core logic of A.dll or B.dll out to a 3rd dll)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Healthcare in March 2010.

Very basic. No stress to find the right candidate. The interviewer will tend to argue at things he is not very sure at.
    Interview for experienced candidate is also very basic. Was asked simple C++ questions. Basic string reversal and constructor related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if I have worked with offshore clients and if I thought i could communicate project risks effectively to them   Answer Question