Philips Lighting Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2015

3.1

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting.

Interview

I got a call from a contracting agency about a role in customer service. They asked me about my experience with some software and scheduled me an interview. I was a bit stand-off-ish because I had negative experiences with agencies previously. The agency got me in touch with manager at PCK. I interviewed with a nice manager via phone. She put me on with 2 of her team leads who were totally thrilled at my experience. A few days later I was invited in for an in-person interview at the Burlington Facility. I interviewed with the 2 team-leads and then the manager. On the way in, I got the vibe that the company has a very positive feel to it.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult problem and how did you work to solve it   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiations were basically done by the agency so I got an amazing contract rate.

Commodity Manager Interview

Interview

It was easy. They asked basics of strategic sourcing and negotiations. Once you show that you have handled various commodities by yourself before then its more or less done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected but a few people will be really strict and a few wil be friendly. Your response should vary accordingly   Answer Question

Senior Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Andover, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Thirty minutes with four different members of management for a total of two hours. There were many questions pertaining to the field and questions regarding background. There were a few hypothetical situation questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in the workplace that presented a problem and explain what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered more than I asked for.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Somewhat chaotic process where people felt unprepared. 6 interviewees

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

With this company, I did the first interview, a HR interview with one interviewer (a HR manager). I did a second round interview with two regional heads (one of whom was HR). The final interview was with my to-be sub-regional head and the same HR manager from the first round. All interviews where comprised of fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you are more a citizen of your country of birth or you are now more like citizens of the place you have lived in the last couple of years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company writes bad contracts. Make sure everything in the contract is clear and in your favor. Do not assume anything.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (San Jose, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Went smoothly; large company, did background check. Cycled through a few people including VP of R&D. Met a few future colleagues. No challenging questions. Ipso facto is a Latin phrase, directly translated as "by the fact itself,"[1] which means that a certain phenomenon is a direct consequence, a resultant effect, of the action in question, instead of being brought about by a previous action. It is a term of art used in philosophy, law, and science. An example in law is money laundering: the act is not ipso facto illegal because it is an exchange but is done as a cover for something else, so the act puts the actions of an individual in question. A common English idiom with a similar meaning is "in and of itself".

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate--salary offered and accepted.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philips Lighting in March 2011.

Interview

mainly technical questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Burlington, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

Lots of formal QA, some testing with HR. Went through a phone screen with HR before moving to phone screen with engineers. Two rounds of interviews with a mixture of whiteboard work and some general intelligence question. Usually two people in the room. Long process.

Interview Questions

Better job offer in a smaller company

CNC Programmer/Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littlestown, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (Littlestown, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was primarily the only employee in the plant with up to date training and experience with CNC work. We have an older knee mill with CNC controls. Being a union shop and this job being the highest labor grade experience and skill were the primary factors for me getting this position.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have any problems or concerns with the interview proceess.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

InGaN Process Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philips Lighting (San Jose, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Talked to 4 people from the prospective team plus the recruiter. The team was upbeat, the recruiter not quite. Low-balled me but I needed the job so I took it. I was out the next chance I got.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not so well. Had to take the low-ball offer because I was unemployed.