Philips Lumileds Lighting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruitment Account Manager Interview

Recruitment Account Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in June 2014.

Interview Details – Five phone interviews (30 minutes each) + a 2hr onsite interview with one of the HR directors and the hiring manager. HR Dir was 15 mins late, rude, argumentative & interrupted constantly during the interview. Definitely not a good candidate experience.

Commodity Manager Interview

Commodity Manager

Interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting

Interview Details – It was easy. They asked basics of strategic sourcing and negotiations. Once you show that you have handled various commodities by yourself before then its more or less done.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected but a few people will be really strict and a few wil be friendly. Your response should vary accordingly   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Product Development Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in March 2011.

Interview Details – mainly technical questions

Interview Question – technical questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

InGaN Process Tech Interview

InGaN Process Tech
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in April 2009.

Interview Details – Talked to 4 people from the prospective team plus the recruiter. The team was upbeat, the recruiter not quite. Low-balled me but I needed the job so I took it. I was out the next chance I got.

Interview Question – What is Ohm's Law?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not so well. Had to take the low-ball offer because I was unemployed.

LED Intern Interview

LED Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – Asking related questions in the resume.   Answer Question

Characterization Engineer Interview

Characterization Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in December 2012.

Interview Details – Two phone interview, one is with a senior engineer, the other is with the hiring manager. Both of them asked mainly technical-related questions. One on-site interview, start with one hour presentation and followed by multiple one-to-one interviews. Only one of the interviewer are from the HR department, all others are engineers/managers.

Interview Question – Which structure produce a higher PL signal? Flat band Quantum Wells structures or the QWs has piezoelectric effect?   View Answer

InGaN Process Tech Interview

InGaN Process Tech
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in January 2007.

Interview Details – One on one Interviews by 8 different engineer & managers. Then I guess the collaborate on you. Then called me back several days later. They also do a backround check which takes several (4-5) days

Interview Question – Do you know the general epi layer structure of a LED wafer consist of   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – If they decide to hire you, they have already checked you out. Ask for pay scale & shoot as high as possible. Becasue once you in the raises may be hard to get.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee
Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview for a graduate trainee should be relatively easy as long as the candidate is able to display positive communication skills and enthusiasm. Past experiences in the semiconductor industry and descent English speaking skills would be an added advantage.

Interview Question – Knowledge about semiconductor fabrication processes and the LED.   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in April 2012.

Interview Details – -summation of resume to management
-get response for interview and make arrangement with management
-phone interview
-interview

Interview Question – IQ question   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in January 2011.

Interview Details – Very intelligent people working there. Interviewed with several different employees over the course of the morning. They beyond my skills on my resume they just wanted to see how well I interacted with others. Very relaxed setting, only difficulty was waiting for Philips' corporate offices to process paperwork

Interview Question – What makes you better than other applicants   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Philips Lumileds Lighting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Philips Lumileds Lighting interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Philips Lumileds Lighting employees and interview candidates.