Philips Lumileds Lighting

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.9

Commodity Manager Interview

It was easy. They asked basics of strategic sourcing and negotiations. Once you show that you have handled various commodities by yourself before then its more or less done.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected but a few people will be really strict and a few wil be friendly. Your response should vary accordingly   Answer Question

Recruitment Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in June 2014.

Five phone interviews (30 minutes each) + a 2hr onsite interview with one of the HR directors and the hiring manager. HR Dir was 15 mins late, rude, argumentative & interrupted constantly during the interview. Definitely not a good candidate experience.

LED Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in March 2013.

Phone interview

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in December 2012.

Two phone interview, one is with a senior engineer, the other is with the hiring manager. Both of them asked mainly technical-related questions. One on-site interview, start with one hour presentation and followed by multiple one-to-one interviews. Only one of the interviewer are from the HR department, all others are engineers/managers.

Interview Questions
    • Which structure produce a higher PL signal? Flat band Quantum Wells structures or the QWs has piezoelectric effect?   View Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in August 2011.

Went smoothly; large company, did background check. Cycled through a few people including VP of R&D. Met a few future colleagues. No challenging questions.

Ipso facto is a Latin phrase, directly translated as "by the fact itself,"[1] which means that a certain phenomenon is a direct consequence, a resultant effect, of the action in question, instead of being brought about by a previous action. It is a term of art used in philosophy, law, and science. An example in law is money laundering: the act is not ipso facto illegal because it is an exchange but is done as a cover for something else, so the act puts the actions of an individual in question. A common English idiom with a similar meaning is "in and of itself".

Not much to negotiate--salary offered and accepted.

Product Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in March 2011.

mainly technical questions

no negotiation

InGaN Process Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in April 2009.

Talked to 4 people from the prospective team plus the recruiter. The team was upbeat, the recruiter not quite. Low-balled me but I needed the job so I took it. I was out the next chance I got.

Interview Questions
    Not so well. Had to take the low-ball offer because I was unemployed.

InGaN Process Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in January 2007.

One on one Interviews by 8 different engineer & managers. Then I guess the collaborate on you. Then called me back several days later. They also do a backround check which takes several (4-5) days

Interview Questions
    • Do you know the general epi layer structure of a LED wafer consist of   View Answers (2)
    If they decide to hire you, they have already checked you out. Ask for pay scale & shoot as high as possible. Becasue once you in the raises may be hard to get.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in April 2012.

-summation of resume to management
    -get response for interview and make arrangement with management
    -phone interview
    -interview

Product Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Lumileds Lighting in March 2011.

Only typical questions, which last for 10 mints. Can you work in the US? What makes you choose Philips? What's your current experiences? What's your career goal? Do you have to relocate? HR speaks really fast, it seems he want to finish the interview earlier. It's Friday afternoon. In the end of interview he said he will consider any other positions available for me. But no email...even no rejection