Philips North America

Philips North America Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

Accountant Interview

The process took about a month. Basically it is very standard: meeting HR person, group manager and other coworkers. But the questions are not hard. People from the company are very nice and got back promptly. What are learned from the interview is quite true in the real work environment.

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips North America in July 2014.

My experience has generally been positive. Philips has a capable and well organized recruiting infrastructure that kept in good touch with me during the process and met schedules that they committed tom I have had 4 interviews. Two with HR, one phone interview with an SVP and an in person interview wit two groups of three. All were warm and conversational and I gained a better feel for the company through them. I believe the next step will be their deciding whether or not to make an offer. I am not aware of how long that process will take and this is my only frustration at this point.

Interview Questions
    • Please walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • What is your strategy for obtaining government business?   Answer Question
    • Show an example of how you've translated professional contacts into business?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Questions about my past projects and algorithms and it was pretty easy, went ver well. in fact, I didn't even have to prepare or order one of those interview books for it. I did it on the top of my head after a stressful final. The questions were simple and I had no worries.

None

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips North America.

Low key - was contacted by a recruiter first, screened by HR then face to face with hiring manager plus another leader. Followed up with 2 more phone interviews with senior leaders. Moved fairly quickly and resulted in a nice offer.

Not much -- got a signing bonus but the salary was pretty much fixed.

Human Resources Interview

Recruiter sent message through Linkedin. set up call asked basic questions and gave good overview of position requirements. Professional, but position requisition was cancelled prior to interview. Good follow up.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Philips North America in May 2014.

Two weeks to get respond after application online. Two sessions of interviews, each 45 mins. One is from my project manager, he asked me a bunch of questions on my research area. The second is from another research staff. He asked me some questions related to machine learning and decision making.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips North America in March 2014.

Submitted my resume through university career center, and was contacted for an interview for four different internship positions, with interviews all on the same day. Interviews were with the managers you would be working with, and were half an hour. The interview was very informal, standard behavioral and scenario questions. A lot of it was them telling you about the position and what they do.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you would do something different.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, accepted their offer

Internship Interview

Standard resume review. Very engaging. Asked a few questions to gauge your process. Nothing crazy, more to see how you react and your instincts. Not full case type questions.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Philips North America in February 2014.

Panel interview, met with multiple department heads. Everyone was friendly for the most part but one interviewer was very unprofessional and left me sitting there by myself for quite sometime. I didnt get the impression anyone there was a true A player, so if that matters to you I suggest moving along. Seemed like a typical big coproration where alot of people just did busy work.

Interview Questions
    • So, are you eager to start working again?!   View Answer
    • Explain a time you used data analysis   View Answer

General Full Time Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Philips North America.

There were behavioral questions such as strengths, weaknesses and description of teamwork. Nothing too difficult or unexpected.