Philips North America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.9

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

It was weird that they focused on questions they are familiar, but not even related to the position. Technical round was fun, behavioral round is tedious and they showed no interest at all.

Line Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Philips North America.

Interview

look good for interview. right now Philips is splitting the company in half. looking for new buyer, and getting rid of people, and not replacing them. its not what it used to be.

Interview Questions

• can a helicopter take off from the moon?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations.

Accountant Interview

Interview

The process took about a month. Basically it is very standard: meeting HR person, group manager and other coworkers. But the questions are not hard. People from the company are very nice and got back promptly. What are learned from the interview is quite true in the real work environment.

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philips North America (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

My experience has generally been positive. Philips has a capable and well organized recruiting infrastructure that kept in good touch with me during the process and met schedules that they committed tom I have had 4 interviews. Two with HR, one phone interview with an SVP and an in person interview wit two groups of three. All were warm and conversational and I gained a better feel for the company through them. I believe the next step will be their deciding whether or not to make an offer. I am not aware of how long that process will take and this is my only frustration at this point.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • What is your strategy for obtaining government business?   Answer Question
    • Show an example of how you've translated professional contacts into business?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips North America.

Interview

Low key - was contacted by a recruiter first, screened by HR then face to face with hiring manager plus another leader. Followed up with 2 more phone interviews with senior leaders. Moved fairly quickly and resulted in a nice offer.

Negotiation

Not much -- got a signing bonus but the salary was pretty much fixed.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Questions about my past projects and algorithms and it was pretty easy, went ver well. in fact, I didn't even have to prepare or order one of those interview books for it. I did it on the top of my head after a stressful final. The questions were simple and I had no worries.

Negotiation

None

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Recruiter sent message through Linkedin. set up call asked basic questions and gave good overview of position requirements. Professional, but position requisition was cancelled prior to interview. Good follow up.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Philips North America (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Two weeks to get respond after application online. Two sessions of interviews, each 45 mins. One is from my project manager, he asked me a bunch of questions on my research area. The second is from another research staff. He asked me some questions related to machine learning and decision making.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Philips North America (Andover, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Get in touch with Design Division at School's Career Fair and then scheduled a Skype interview with the principal. Keep in touch with HR and then get the offer. The interview took 30 min.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips North America (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume through university career center, and was contacted for an interview for four different internship positions, with interviews all on the same day. Interviews were with the managers you would be working with, and were half an hour. The interview was very informal, standard behavioral and scenario questions. A lot of it was them telling you about the position and what they do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you would do something different.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, accepted their offer