Philips North America Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

Accountant Interview

The process took about a month. Basically it is very standard: meeting HR person, group manager and other coworkers. But the questions are not hard. People from the company are very nice and got back promptly. What are learned from the interview is quite true in the real work environment.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Questions about my past projects and algorithms and it was pretty easy, went ver well. in fact, I didn't even have to prepare or order one of those interview books for it. I did it on the top of my head after a stressful final. The questions were simple and I had no worries.

None

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Philips North America.

Low key - was contacted by a recruiter first, screened by HR then face to face with hiring manager plus another leader. Followed up with 2 more phone interviews with senior leaders. Moved fairly quickly and resulted in a nice offer.

Not much -- got a signing bonus but the salary was pretty much fixed.

Human Resources Interview

Recruiter sent message through Linkedin. set up call asked basic questions and gave good overview of position requirements. Professional, but position requisition was cancelled prior to interview. Good follow up.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Philips North America in May 2014.

Two weeks to get respond after application online. Two sessions of interviews, each 45 mins. One is from my project manager, he asked me a bunch of questions on my research area. The second is from another research staff. He asked me some questions related to machine learning and decision making.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Philips North America in March 2014.

Submitted my resume through university career center, and was contacted for an interview for four different internship positions, with interviews all on the same day. Interviews were with the managers you would be working with, and were half an hour. The interview was very informal, standard behavioral and scenario questions. A lot of it was them telling you about the position and what they do.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you would do something different.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, accepted their offer

Internship Interview

Standard resume review. Very engaging. Asked a few questions to gauge your process. Nothing crazy, more to see how you react and your instincts. Not full case type questions.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Philips North America in February 2014.

Panel interview, met with multiple department heads. Everyone was friendly for the most part but one interviewer was very unprofessional and left me sitting there by myself for quite sometime. I didnt get the impression anyone there was a true A player, so if that matters to you I suggest moving along. Seemed like a typical big coproration where alot of people just did busy work.

Interview Questions
    • So, are you eager to start working again?!   View Answer
    • Explain a time you used data analysis   View Answer

General Full Time Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Philips North America.

There were behavioral questions such as strengths, weaknesses and description of teamwork. Nothing too difficult or unexpected.

Design Interview

My interview process was very fast, but only because I got lucky with timing. The position is based in Andover, MA, but my would be boss is in Eindhoven, NL. It just so happens that they were having their yearly meeting and all the needed people were in Andover. For others, the interview process can drag out a bit.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed with three people at once. They asked the standard, "tell me about your yourself" and "walk me through your projects" type of interview questions. Nothing unexpected or unusually difficult. It's all about your portfolio and your ability to communicate the value of your work.   Answer Question

Worked for Philips North America? Contribute to the Community!