Phillips 66

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Intern Interview

Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Phillips 66 in September 2013.

Interview Details – First was a group interview (two Phillips 66 interviewers and myself) on campus at my university, arranged through my school's Career Services office. Next was an on-site interview at the Phillips 66 office in Bartlesville. This consisted of three separate one on one interviews. All interviews were behavioral based, with no direct technical questions.

Interview Question – No particularly difficult or unexpected questions - all were typical behavioral based interview questions.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Bartlesville, OK

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Phillips 66 in March 2014.

Interview Details – Campus interview. Several months later 1-2 phone interviews and then a day of onsite interviews.

Interview Question – Tell how you've innovated in your work.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Phillips 66 in September 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral based interview process. Be ready for questions regarding "what if's" or "what did you do in this type of situation"; know your resume inside and out and take notes on everything you can in your past roles and experiences and study them. This interview process is meant to get you out of your comfort zone and to see how quickly you can respond and with great examples.

Interview Question – One question that will make you think and you will have to provide extensive background on your answer is when you name a time when did something to improve a process or optimize your area. Have a an instance already saved in your mind where you can provide insightful details.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate within the scope of the salary grade and range. Be mindful to not negotiate anything too extreme, but there is definitely room to work with.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Phillips 66.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting, recieved 1st round interview

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you have faced working in a team.   Answer Question

Refining, Marketing & Transportation Engineering - University Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Phillips 66.

Interview Details – I applied through the university job board. They had recruiters come to a number of career fair/info session events before conducting interviews for interns/new hires on campus. The first round interviews were entirely behavioral. They interviewed a lot of people, and told us that they'd get back to us in two weeks if they were interested.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to challenge a set procedure, and how did it turn out.   Answer Question

SAP Analyst Interview

SAP Analyst
Bartlesville, OK

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Phillips 66 in January 2013.

Interview Details – Three phase interview process. HR calls me to find out why I wanted the job, where I was located, etc. He then told me I would get a call from the hiring manager. Another HR person calls and sets up phone interview with hiring manager, assisted by one of her assistants.
Did 30-minute phone interview and it went very well. Turned out I was far more qualified for the job than what was needed.
After couple days, I get invited for face to face interview in Bartlesville and I came and interviewed with with two different teams for a total of two hours. Was taken on tour of facility and had lunch with the team before leaving. Two weeks later offer was made and I accepted.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate because it was a great offer

Document Control Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Phillips 66.

Interview Details – Recruiting firm, 4 person interview, a few typical corporate questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, but typical red tape and approval processes

Procurement-contracts Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Phillips 66.

Interview Details – Submit resume on line. Phone interview. In-person/on-site interview.

Interview Question – How do you handle controversy, difficult people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate.

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Phillips 66.

Interview Details – I talked to Phillips 66 at my universities career fair. I gave them my resume there, and about a week later I received an email that they would like to schedule an interview. Two day before the interview I received another email saying that they would like to take all interviewees out to dinner at a local burger joint the day before the interview. I went, and we were able to get to know our interviewers and learn more about the business. For the interview itself, it was a 1:1 interview, and all they did was ask me four behavioral questions in a row, and then asked if I had any more questions about their company. They did not look over my resume or qualifications on my resume, just asked behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you dealt with someone difficult and you wish you handled it differently   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Phillips 66 in August 2013.

Interview Details – Three weeks after submitting application, I got an email to arrange a schedule for phone interview. One human resource manager and a hiring scientist made the call, primarily the scientist asked questions and the HR person did not ask a single question.

Interview Question – mostly behavior and technical questions. I think my answers were not satisfied for some of the technical questions.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Phillips 66

Worked for Phillips 66? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Phillips 66 interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Phillips 66 employees and interview candidates.