Phillips 66

Phillips 66 Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Phillips 66.

Talked to them at a career fair. Called me that night to set up an on-campus interview. In an office on campus with two different interviewers. Whole interview lasted around 45 minutes. At the end said they would follow up with a phone interview if I was to move further in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral/situational questions. Used the STAR interview technique. A lot of "and then what did you do"   Answer Question

Operator In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Phillips 66 in February 2015.

First was a written test. Consisted of three parts. Math/comprehension, mechanis aptitude and some Q and A on your attidude. I checked out a mechanical aptitude book from libray. It helped alot. Also brushed up on my math. IE how do you calculate the radius of a circle. No calculator in exam.

Process Operator Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Phillips 66 in January 2015.

Phillip 66 is very professional about how they conduct their recruitment process. The interview was very business like, and the quality of the questions that were asked displayed the desired quality in an employee that the company seeks. The interview is behavioral Based (that's as much as I can give out of fairness).

Interview Questions
    • Can't spill the beans! Just research behavioral interview questions and prepare.   View Answer

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Phillips 66.

All interviewees were invited to dinner the night before the on-campus interviews; dinner had a laid-back, casual tone; on-campus interviews were conducted two-on-one, with two recruiters asking questions; questions consisted of "tell me about yourself" (background, campus activities, hobbies) and several behavioral questions like: "tell me about an obstacle you faced, and how you overcame it", "tell me about a conflict/challenge you faced while working in a group, and how you overcame it/what you learned from it". No technical accounting/finance questions were asked, but come prepared with knowledge about P66. Recruiters were kind and genuine, and gave a great impression of P66. Offer was made day-of.

Interview Questions
    • One does not stand out in particular, but brainstorm about potential behavioral question responses. This process will help you with interviews with other companies/firms as well.   Answer Question
    As per the norm, no need to negotiating for internships. Compensation was highly competitive, and included lump sum relocation reimbursement from campus as well as a monthly housing stipend added to each paycheck.

Operator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Phillips 66 in December 2014.

Recruited through contract headhunting firm. Just 2 days before the interview date and had to schedule a whole day (5:30a-4p) for the testing process. Was given wrong time to meet at first and did not see correction in time. We were greeted by three reps from the company. HR, Senior, and junior members. We were first given timed testing in three parts. Math&reasoning, Mechanical aptitude, followed by the dreaded Psych(out) test. This is where most "Fail" to grasp any sort of meaning. Watch the time! They say they will give out time warnings but they only call out the last 5 minute warning.

They send off the scantron test form to be graded after a week. They do a panel interview with the senior and junior member after that at a pre-set time. Nothing too difficult. Be open and honest with them about strengths and goals.

The bad thing about this experience as you might have gathered is the personality test. They give no feedback on the results. You don't know where it comes from, what studies it is based on (if ANY), or what to improve on. I don't think I would apply again due to the lack of transparency in the testing process.

Process Operator Interview

it was a great process that took forever. about as long as it took to fill all this out so i can see some salaries. but any way the process was long and the interview questions were mostly about safety and process knowledge. What is a distillation column. ext.

Senior Research Engineer Interview

phone interview followed with on-site interview; it was a whole day interview with seminar and all dimensions. As long as you are prepared, no problem at all. The interviewers are very nice and easy to talk with.

New Graduate Hire Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Phillips 66.

It was a very structured and standardize interview process. Two Human Resource representative greeted you at the door. They sat down and open their booklet of question that were pre-selected and standardized. They did not deviate from the pre-selected behavioral questions. It you did not format your response to fit in the Task, Action, Result format they would ask you to rephrase your response so they could fill in their boxes for each part.

Environmental Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Phillips 66.

Interview accepted through on campus recruiting through a major university in the beginning of the fall semester. Sign ups were through the career center and done within a week on campus as a thirty minute interview. Notifications of offers were formally sent out in about two weeks. For interns there is only one interview in the process.

Finance/Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Phillips 66 in October 2014.

There was a pre interview dinner and then an interview the next day. The dinner was very relaxed as was the interview. Really nice people. Interview was not too formal. I received an offer the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you worked on a team that decided on something you didn't agree with.   Answer Question