Phillips Exeter Academy

Profile Unclaimed

Interviews for Top Jobs at Phillips Exeter Academy

Candidate Interview Review

Classroom Teacher Interview

Ad appeared in secondary ed and professional job listings. I had an initial interview by phone in late Jan. After a long period of no contact, I had a campus interview in April. Stayed overnight, with 10 hours of appts on two days. Meeting with most in department, deans, and dept hiring committee; visited classes and dorm duty, saw dorm apt and campus. During dean meeting, I was asked about my years of experience; this was reviewed when job offer was made. Offer made in May; we negotiated largely in two phone conversations.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked particularly difficult or unexpected questions. Faculty I met seemed interested in my enthusiasm, teaching experience, awareness of work at a boarding school.   Answer Question
    Salary based on number of full-time years of teaching experience and education. School values master's degree, with some credit for PhD. You could try negotiating within requirements of job, for example type of housing, length of dorm service (standard 10 years).