Phoenix House Interview Questions

2.2

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northeast, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northeast, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Phoenix House in January 2010.

Phone Call 1+ months after initial submission of resume
    Group Interview with individuals from different departments
    Interview with VP
    On line psych tests
    Background check
    Drug Screen
    References were checked
    Offer was made and accepted after wage negotiation

--- Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Phoenix House.

Email HR with cover letter and resume. The hiring manager contacts applicants if interested. Testing includes computer skills, and for clinical positions, psychological testing. Must pass criminal background checks and a drug test. More than one person may interview applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the substance abuse treatment field?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Phoenix House.

It was a very easy and fast process. There was a lot of talk about how there would be no raises as it was a non profit organizationa and the job should be taken for the betterment of the community not for monetary reasons.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Phoenix House in August 2011.

I started out as an intern and was hired as a counselor immediately after graduation. The Program Director position became available and the company approached me about the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was a challenging time in your life and how did you get through it?   View Answer
    I was already employed with the company there was no negotiations. I was happy with the salary offered.

Administrative Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Phoenix House in February 2014.

Was easy and submitted the proper paperwork there was a lot to get done with the new hire paperwork to start the position and the process is tedious

Interview Questions
    • training was a complete joke they never gave me a chance to succeed here and fired me after 2 days of employment really unprofessional   Answer Question
    none it was given to me

Supervisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Phoenix House.

Great attention to detail.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if....(speaking of potential harassment)   Answer Question

Counselor Intern Interview

Two phone interviews
    two visits
    the staff were very pleasant

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Phoenix House in November 2012.

I was hired during my internship due to a position vacancy because of medical reasons.

Interview Questions
    • I never had a formal interview and was approached during my internship.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Exeter, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, RI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Phoenix House in April 2009.

The Director interviewed me first and then I had a second interview which consisted of several of the other counselors asking me questions. The interviews were not particularly stressful, but it was obvious that everyone wanted to find a new counselor who would fit in well with the other employees and with the client population. Everyone was nice enough and pleasant. You do need to be good with computer software and with mountains of documentation which piles up quickly and is impossible to keep up with. The computer lets the Director know what you are falling behind on, and everyone falls behind.

Interview Questions
    There really isn't any negotiation. They had a salary which you either accepted or not. There is a 6 month wait for your benefits, and although any medical and dental benefits are better than none at all, they definately are not the best. The background check is what takes the longest amount of time. Once that clears (3-6 weeks) then you can start.

Worked for Phoenix House? Contribute to the Community!