Phoenix House

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

RN Interview

RN

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Phoenix House.

Interview Details – It was a very easy and fast process. There was a lot of talk about how there would be no raises as it was a non profit organizationa and the job should be taken for the betterment of the community not for monetary reasons.

Interview Question – There really were no hard questions   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Arlington, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Phoenix House in August 2011.

Interview Details – I started out as an intern and was hired as a counselor immediately after graduation. The Program Director position became available and the company approached me about the position.

Interview Question – What was a challenging time in your life and how did you get through it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was already employed with the company there was no negotiations. I was happy with the salary offered.

Administrative Aid Interview

Administrative Aid
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Phoenix House in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was easy and submitted the proper paperwork there was a lot to get done with the new hire paperwork to start the position and the process is tedious

Interview Question – training was a complete joke they never gave me a chance to succeed here and fired me after 2 days of employment really unprofessional   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none it was given to me

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Phoenix House.

Interview Details – Great attention to detail.

Interview Question – What would you do if....(speaking of potential harassment)   Answer Question

Counselor Intern Interview

Counselor Intern

Interviewed at Phoenix House

Interview Details – Two phone interviews
two visits
the staff were very pleasant

Interview Question – What did you least like about your prior job?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Substance Abuse Counselor Interview

Substance Abuse Counselor

I applied in-person - interviewed at Phoenix House in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired during my internship due to a position vacancy because of medical reasons.

Interview Question – I never had a formal interview and was approached during my internship.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Counselor Interview

Counselor
Exeter, RI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Phoenix House in April 2009.

Interview Details – The Director interviewed me first and then I had a second interview which consisted of several of the other counselors asking me questions. The interviews were not particularly stressful, but it was obvious that everyone wanted to find a new counselor who would fit in well with the other employees and with the client population. Everyone was nice enough and pleasant. You do need to be good with computer software and with mountains of documentation which piles up quickly and is impossible to keep up with. The computer lets the Director know what you are falling behind on, and everyone falls behind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There really isn't any negotiation. They had a salary which you either accepted or not. There is a 6 month wait for your benefits, and although any medical and dental benefits are better than none at all, they definately are not the best. The background check is what takes the longest amount of time. Once that clears (3-6 weeks) then you can start.

Worked for Phoenix House? Contribute to the Community!