Phones 4u

Updated Nov 30, 2014
Updated Nov 30, 2014

2.6

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Phones 4u.

Was telephoned and asked to attend interview with panel of 2 managers from local branches. They asked me to sell them an iPhone, and about my knowledge of latest phones

Didn't really negotiate

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle under Lyme, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle under Lyme, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Phones 4u in August 2014.

I sent off my CV about a week ago or two then did the telephone interview passed that and went on to the 1 to 1 interviews now I'm waiting for the background check to come though, how long does that take?

Interview Questions
    • I got asked why did I wanna work for Phones 4 u and what I could bring to the table   View Answer
    I can start start away and I have no hoildays booked

Sales Consultant Interview

It was a really fun and laid back interview. Theres 2 round; the first being a set of group interviews, then if successful you go through to the second round, the 1 on 1 interview.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Phones 4u in August 2013.

First step was sending in a CV, then I had a telephone interview. This was informal and was more like 2 old friends catching up. Then I was invited to a face-to-face interview with my GSM. He brought along his DM to witness the interview.

Before I could start I had to wait for a credit check to be completed and then I had to prove any outstanding debts had arrangements in place to pay.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing to happen that was unexpected was that the interview was a stereotypical job interview "tell me about your previous job" "why did you leave" etc.

I was asked to talk about a passion of mine though. After being hired I was told that the answer didn't matter and that it was asked to see if I could sound interested in something to see if I could do that when selling phones.

Answer Question
    I actually had to place the job offer on hold as I was about to go on holiday. Phones 4U was happy to wait for me to return to start my training.

General Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Phones 4u.

phone interview, 1-1 interview depends on the role you apply for!!!!

no negotiation

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weymouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Phones 4u in June 2013.

I've received an e-mail informing that i would get a call to arrange a phone interview. Someone called me and we've scheduled the interview for some days later in the morning. Everything was a bit unexpected as soon as i've understood that the person that was calling me didn't even looked at my CV. It was the tiniest interview in the most impersonal way.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basically, if i thought i had the skills, why i've applied, what i thought about sales. 5 minutes and that was it.   Answer Question

Senior SEO EXECUTIVE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stoke-on-Trent, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Phones 4u.

Was approached by recruitment agent. Interviewed by 2 senior management. Offered job the very next day! Whole process was very agreeable, they were flexible in terms of how much notice I had to give etc

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any; I had been in the industry for 4 years already and all the questions were centred around SEO.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Phones 4u in July 2012.

Step 1 - Online Application.
    Step 2 - Can be either a telephone based interview then if successful a face to face interview with store manager or assistant manager, sometimes you go straight to face to face interview.
    Step 3 - Training for a week at the Fort Dunlop Birmingham training academy.
    Step 4 - Start in store.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too specific. No different from any other standard interviews.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate.

Sale Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Phones 4u in April 2012.

After applying Online I was contacted by phone to arrange an interview.
    I had a week to prepare for the interview and it was a classic 1:1 interview with questions like:
    - Why did you choose our company?
    - Why should we choose you?
    - Tell me about your previous experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you leave your current job without having a new one?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Phones 4u in October 2011.

Company operates different interviewing process from one to one with the HR manager to group interviews.

If your going for the group interview then you have to demonstrate your passion for customer service but also for sales and how you would hit the targets.

Interview Questions
    • The standard questions would be: Describe how you convinced somebody to your way of thinking.   Answer Question