PhysAssist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at PhysAssist

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist.

Interview

The interviewer was really nice. Questions were not difficult at all, easy going interview and very interesting company. There is no need to stress out or be nervous. The interviewer was really friendly and made the process very comfortable

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PhysAssist (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The Interview process is fairly simple. Before the actual interview they ask you to look at some videos about the position and during the interview, they will ask some questions pertaining to the videos. I applied for this position and got a reply soon after and they are very open to hiring students.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a Skype interview. Unfortunately the Skype did not work so the interview turned into a phone interview. The interview was very relaxed and the interviewed made me feel comfortable.She also gave me a lot of insight on the job, this took about half of the time.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with seeing death.   1 Answer

Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PhysAssist.

Interview

Skype. Very informal. Basically said "oh you have experience that will be helpful." I am sure they would say that about any medical related training or experience. I am pretty sure if you speak English and are friendly you would be considered I know a few employees who are not even going into the medical field that still got hired. I heard of a few people who could hardly speak English even. They did not pass training of course. Out of any job interview I have had this was by far the easiest.

Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PhysAssist.

Interview

The interview process is a 40 minute to an hour Skype interview. The recruiter asks questions regarding why you want to be a scribe and and how you would react to certain situations while working as a scribe. Some of the questions could be easily answered if you watch the videos about the duties of a PhysAssist ER scribe, but others require you to be open-minded and reflect on your own experiences

ER SCRIBE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was really quick. I had to take two easy tests during the application process; typing speed and grammar. It is pretty basic though don't worry about it. They called me to set up an interview probably 45 minutes after i turned in the application. I had my interview over skype with a live person. She was really nice and the questions were not to difficult. My only tip is to really actively listen because they may ask you to repeat novel information they have you and it is hard. I got the job and had to wait for the position to open up. I am going to Chicago for training next week. The whole process will take about a month for me.

Interview Questions

• name a time you witnessed something bloody or a bad injury. what qualities should a scribe have. what makes you a good fit for scribeing and they asked questions about my previous work experience. on my resume   Answer Question

ER SCRIBE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PhysAssist (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very short (less than 20 minutes!) and informal through Skype. I was at home and she was at the office with people walking in the back and you could slightly hear conversations. She was very friendly and easy-going so I wasn't nervous. She asked standard questions like "why do you want to be a scribe," "tell me about your clinical experiences," "what is your understanding of what a scribe does?" and the first thing she said was "tell me a little bit about yourself."

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a patient dying?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a family member asks you about any medical information?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the physician-scribe relationship should look like?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you think a scribe should have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted months after filling out an online application. I was called to set up a Skype interview. The interview lasted one hour, it was a great experience and the interviewer was extremely friendly and genuinely wanted to talk and see if I made a good fit. After the interview she explained the training process and then said that it would take 3-5 business days after the interview to see if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the intensity of the Emergency Department?   Answer Question
    • The ED atmosphere can be very stressful and intense, what if the physician you are scribing for didn't ask you to do something initially but gets frustrated and mad at you for not doing anything because after all he is the one who is on the line insurance wise?   Answer Question
    • Educational background, classes taken to help with scribing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at PhysAssist (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted via email to schedule an interview from selected dates. It was a video interview which displayed pre-recorded questions with a 3 second countdown before you could respond. There was 2 tries to record your response. It was relatively simple. A recorded person would ask 7 questions total. You have 2 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the scribe position and responsibilities? What sets you apart from other applicants? What was your biggest achievement? How does the scribe position contribute to your long term goals?   Answer Question

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist.

Interview

Skype interview. Interviewer explained the position and asked a few basic typical interview questions. Explained that all scribe training is done in Fort Worth, Texas. The interviewer thoroughly described the position and spoke of her own experiences working as a scribe before her current position. The interview was an overall good experience, but, I was somewhat concerned with the starting pay.