PhysAssist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at PhysAssist

Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PhysAssist.

Interview

I applied online through the website and got a call to schedule an interview 2 business days later. The interview was on Skype. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel comfortable. It was 1 on 1, which is always nice. The questions were pretty simple, but I always hate the obligatory "tell me about yourself". It lasted almost exactly 30 minutes. The first 10-15 minutes is questions asked of you, while the rest of the time was her telling me about he company. It seems like a good job for students, but I just couldn't accept minimum wage (I mean VERY minimum wage-legally the lowest they are allowed to pay) I am in school but already have a degree so it was not the right fit for me. If you are desperate for experience working with doctors, go for it.

Interview Questions

Offered minimum wage and I have a degree. Couldn't do that.

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PhysAssist in August 2015.

Interview

Skype interview that lasted around half an hour for me. My interviewer just spent time asking about what kind of person you are and how you would perform in an ER setting. Some questions were difficult to answer if you never experienced that situation before such as death in the ER. Overall interview was fairly easy and relaxed.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PhysAssist.

Interview

The interviewer was really nice. Questions were not difficult at all, easy going interview and very interesting company. There is no need to stress out or be nervous. The interviewer was really friendly and made the process very comfortable

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PhysAssist (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The Interview process is fairly simple. Before the actual interview they ask you to look at some videos about the position and during the interview, they will ask some questions pertaining to the videos. I applied for this position and got a reply soon after and they are very open to hiring students.

ER SCRIBE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PhysAssist in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call to schedule and interview 3 days after I applied (super quick turn around). The interview took place via skpe and was very casual. First she asked me to tell her about myself, then asked me if I was in school and what classes I am taking. It was a very relaxed interview, not too hard! At the end she explains the position and told me to email my recruiter if I am interested with my location preference.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What classes are you currently taking?   1 Answer
    • What inspired you to work in the health care field?   Answer Question
    • What are some challenges you might have being a scribe? Why do you think the no patient interaction is important?   Answer Question
    • What are the roles of a scribe?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PhysAssist (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a Skype interview. Unfortunately the Skype did not work so the interview turned into a phone interview. The interview was very relaxed and the interviewed made me feel comfortable.She also gave me a lot of insight on the job, this took about half of the time.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with seeing death.   1 Answer

Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PhysAssist.

Interview

The interview process is a 40 minute to an hour Skype interview. The recruiter asks questions regarding why you want to be a scribe and and how you would react to certain situations while working as a scribe. Some of the questions could be easily answered if you watch the videos about the duties of a PhysAssist ER scribe, but others require you to be open-minded and reflect on your own experiences

Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PhysAssist.

Interview

Skype. Very informal. Basically said "oh you have experience that will be helpful." I am sure they would say that about any medical related training or experience. I am pretty sure if you speak English and are friendly you would be considered I know a few employees who are not even going into the medical field that still got hired. I heard of a few people who could hardly speak English even. They did not pass training of course. Out of any job interview I have had this was by far the easiest.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PhysAssist (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted months after filling out an online application. I was called to set up a Skype interview. The interview lasted one hour, it was a great experience and the interviewer was extremely friendly and genuinely wanted to talk and see if I made a good fit. After the interview she explained the training process and then said that it would take 3-5 business days after the interview to see if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle the intensity of the Emergency Department?   Answer Question
    • The ED atmosphere can be very stressful and intense, what if the physician you are scribing for didn't ask you to do something initially but gets frustrated and mad at you for not doing anything because after all he is the one who is on the line insurance wise?   Answer Question
    • Educational background, classes taken to help with scribing   Answer Question

ER SCRIBE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PhysAssist (Miami, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very short (less than 20 minutes!) and informal through Skype. I was at home and she was at the office with people walking in the back and you could slightly hear conversations. She was very friendly and easy-going so I wasn't nervous. She asked standard questions like "why do you want to be a scribe," "tell me about your clinical experiences," "what is your understanding of what a scribe does?" and the first thing she said was "tell me a little bit about yourself."

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a patient dying?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a family member asks you about any medical information?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the physician-scribe relationship should look like?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you think a scribe should have?   Answer Question