PhysAssist

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at PhysAssist

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at PhysAssist in February 2015.

I submitted my application online and was contacted via email to schedule an interview from selected dates. It was a video interview which displayed pre-recorded questions with a 3 second countdown before you could respond. There was 2 tries to record your response. It was relatively simple. A recorded person would ask 7 questions total. You have 2 minutes to answer each question.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the scribe position and responsibilities? What sets you apart from other applicants? What was your biggest achievement? How does the scribe position contribute to your long term goals?   Answer Question

Medical Scribe Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist.

Skype interview. Interviewer explained the position and asked a few basic typical interview questions. Explained that all scribe training is done in Fort Worth, Texas. The interviewer thoroughly described the position and spoke of her own experiences working as a scribe before her current position. The interview was an overall good experience, but, I was somewhat concerned with the starting pay.

ER SCRIBE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Contacted by email and phone about an available position. Interviewed and was asked to start but chose not to pursue further. The pay is abysmal and the training is unpaid. Waste of time. They take advantage of premeds who are desperate to get medical exposure. A friend of mine was hired and told he would only work at certain agreed upon times but they quickly backtracked and signed him up for times he could not make due to school.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Typical what are your career plans, why us, etc.   Answer Question

Poor pay. Crappy managers.

ER SCRIBE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PhysAssist in November 2014.

The interview was 100% online, which I've never done before. You sit in front of your computer and speak at a webcam, which is a little uncomfortable. Overall, without the constant feedback from the body language of the person you're speaking with, you have NO IDEA how well you did or didn't do. They were a lot quicker about the whole process than any other scribe company.

Interview Questions
    • Assuming that you want to help people and like science, what are three reasons that you want to pursue a career in medicine.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy, but I don't negotiate much. If I don't get an offer I like, I just don't accept the offer.

Medical Scribe Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist.

I filled out an application online was immediately emailed instructions and a link to take a typing and grammar test. After I was contacted by someone from HR through email and was asked to set up a skype interview. The interview was done by an actual person and lasted a little more than 30 minutes. A day later I was contacted and given a conditional offer of employment upon successfully completing Scribe U in Texas. I will be attending Scribe U this week, which is 5 days and everything is payed for except for dinners. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The ED is completely full and all nurses, aides, and, Dr's seem to be busy. A family member of a patient asks for water. What do you do or say?   View Answer
    Conditional offer of employment offered pending the completion of Scribe U, which is a 5 day training in TX. Upon successful completion a full offer of employment will be offered.

Scribe Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist in September 2014.

The hiring process is fairly simple. You go online and fill out their application. After you've submitted it, you get an email with further instructions.
    These instructions provide you with links to tasks you have to complete before your application is considered. You have to take a typing test. Don't worry, I couldn't keep up with it and I still got called for the interview. I think they're more checking typing speed than anything. You also need to take a grammar test. It's VERY easy as long as you know your basic grammar rules (singular/plural; past/present tense)
    Then you fill out an availability form.
    Once all of that is complete, you'll hear back about scheduling an interview. You have a week to schedule it and take it. It's a pre-recorded interview which means you don't speak to a person in real time. They play a video of someone asking you a question and you record a video of your response. If you don't like the video, you get an option to re-record it once. After that, you have to submit it to move on to the next question.
    I was asked a total of 8 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Besides liking science and helping people what are three reasons why you want to be in the health field?

What do you think the environment in the ED is like?

How do you think becoming a scribe will prepare you for your future goals?

What sets you apart from other candidates applying for the Medical Scribe position?

Answer Question

Scribe Interview

They contacted me within a couple of business days after submitting my application. Overall, the interview was not bad. Asked some pretty basic interview questions. Mostly want to know why you want to be a scribe and why it would be a good fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • How are you prepared to take on the challenges as a scribe in the emergency room?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

interviewed at PhysAssist in July 2014.

A week after I completed my application, PhysAssist emailed and contacted me about an interview. It is a self interview, and you have one week to complete it. If something occurs, you do have the option to extend the deadline. The great thing about the self interview is you can do it in the comfort of your own home or the library and at anytime. Make sure you have a webcam; apparetly the camera on my laptop isn't enough. Check your settings to be sure your internet and computer supports the interview even before you're ready to actually sit down and begin the real interview. I ended up doing the interview at my school's library because the internet was much faster and there was a recording studio available with a webcam. There were 7 questions, with 1.5-2 minutes to answer each question, and the option of 1 chance to redo my answer. Once they ask you a question there is a 3 second countdown before it begins to record your answer. Afterwards you have the option to replay your answer, redo your answer, or go to the next question. A week and a half after my interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • -Besides liking science and helping people what are three reasons why you want to be in the health field?
      -Describe a time where you had a severe time restraint and what you did to overcome it?
      -What do you think the environment in the ED is like?

Answer Question

Scribe Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist.

Found this company through some online research and was contacted by HQ 1-2 days after filling out the application. After talking with my recruiter through email, we then scheduled an interview through Skype about a week later. Currently waiting for a response on employment.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 of the best qualities you think a Scribe should have? Which of those 3 qualities do you think you have.   Answer Question

Scribe Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist.

1 hr skype interview.
    Asked general questions such as why want to go to medical school, field, why want to be a scribe, asked for responsibilities; interviewer described training, and why it's like to work in ER