PhysAssist Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at PhysAssist

Medical Scribe Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist.

I filled out an application online was immediately emailed instructions and a link to take a typing and grammar test. After I was contacted by someone from HR through email and was asked to set up a skype interview. The interview was done by an actual person and lasted a little more than 30 minutes. A day later I was contacted and given a conditional offer of employment upon successfully completing Scribe U in Texas. I will be attending Scribe U this week, which is 5 days and everything is payed for except for dinners. The process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The ED is completely full and all nurses, aides, and, Dr's seem to be busy. A family member of a patient asks for water. What do you do or say?   View Answer
    Conditional offer of employment offered pending the completion of Scribe U, which is a 5 day training in TX. Upon successful completion a full offer of employment will be offered.

Scribe Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist in September 2014.

The hiring process is fairly simple. You go online and fill out their application. After you've submitted it, you get an email with further instructions.
    These instructions provide you with links to tasks you have to complete before your application is considered. You have to take a typing test. Don't worry, I couldn't keep up with it and I still got called for the interview. I think they're more checking typing speed than anything. You also need to take a grammar test. It's VERY easy as long as you know your basic grammar rules (singular/plural; past/present tense)
    Then you fill out an availability form.
    Once all of that is complete, you'll hear back about scheduling an interview. You have a week to schedule it and take it. It's a pre-recorded interview which means you don't speak to a person in real time. They play a video of someone asking you a question and you record a video of your response. If you don't like the video, you get an option to re-record it once. After that, you have to submit it to move on to the next question.
    I was asked a total of 8 questions.

Interview Questions
    • Besides liking science and helping people what are three reasons why you want to be in the health field?

What do you think the environment in the ED is like?

How do you think becoming a scribe will prepare you for your future goals?

What sets you apart from other candidates applying for the Medical Scribe position?
        Answer Question

Scribe Interview

They contacted me within a couple of business days after submitting my application. Overall, the interview was not bad. Asked some pretty basic interview questions. Mostly want to know why you want to be a scribe and why it would be a good fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • How are you prepared to take on the challenges as a scribe in the emergency room?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

interviewed at PhysAssist in July 2014.

A week after I completed my application, PhysAssist emailed and contacted me about an interview. It is a self interview, and you have one week to complete it. If something occurs, you do have the option to extend the deadline. The great thing about the self interview is you can do it in the comfort of your own home or the library and at anytime. Make sure you have a webcam; apparetly the camera on my laptop isn't enough. Check your settings to be sure your internet and computer supports the interview even before you're ready to actually sit down and begin the real interview. I ended up doing the interview at my school's library because the internet was much faster and there was a recording studio available with a webcam. There were 7 questions, with 1.5-2 minutes to answer each question, and the option of 1 chance to redo my answer. Once they ask you a question there is a 3 second countdown before it begins to record your answer. Afterwards you have the option to replay your answer, redo your answer, or go to the next question. A week and a half after my interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • -Besides liking science and helping people what are three reasons why you want to be in the health field?
      -Describe a time where you had a severe time restraint and what you did to overcome it?
      -What do you think the environment in the ED is like?
        Answer Question

Scribe Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist.

Found this company through some online research and was contacted by HQ 1-2 days after filling out the application. After talking with my recruiter through email, we then scheduled an interview through Skype about a week later. Currently waiting for a response on employment.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 of the best qualities you think a Scribe should have? Which of those 3 qualities do you think you have.   Answer Question

Scribe Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist.

1 hr skype interview.
    Asked general questions such as why want to go to medical school, field, why want to be a scribe, asked for responsibilities; interviewer described training, and why it's like to work in ER

ER SCRIBE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist in June 2014.

The application is standard, with the addition of two tests. You can learn more about what it entails and apply at www.iamscribe.com.

Your first test is transcription. You listen to audio about a patient scenario and write it down as best you can. I fell behind and just clicked “end” once that happened, but technically you’re supposed to quit trying to catch up and just start typing again. You have three tries for this test; don’t forget and only do it once. After that, you take a grammar test; if you have a liberal arts background (or if you’re familiar with basic rules of English), it’s incredibly easy.

Next, you’re scheduled for a Skype interview. You’re asked to watch a couple of videos before the interview, which go into more detail about what a scribe does and what you can expect out of the position. You’re also given the hospital locations for your city and asked to make a ranking decision.

My Skype interview took an hour. My interviewer spent a lot of time describing the job duties and how the program worked. All of that is on the website, so I won’t recap those basics for you.

At first, my interviewer went through the basic getting-to-know-you questions: Why are you interested in becoming a scribe? How did you find out about the scribe program? What is your eventual career goal? How did you get interested in that career goal? In the course of these questions, I mentioned that I had some shadowing experience, which interested her. She asked if I had any experience in ER shadowing (I didn't).

After the basics, my interviewer moved on to some more situation-specific questions. The set-up was a little odd; I would answer and then she would build on that and discuss what she would do in that situation. She asked, “What would you do if the physician was draining pus from an abscess and it exploded all over you – all over your laptop, your hair, your face, even if it got in your mouth?” She was looking for an answer that indicated you would consider the patient’s feelings first and foremost, and that you wouldn't respond with disgust. She said she might comfort the patient by saying “It’s okay,” although she hastened to add that we’re technically not allowed to speak to patients. She also asked about how I would react in case of a child’s death. She wanted an answer that basically stated that you would look to your physician for cues on what to do in that situation and that you wouldn't break down crying.

Interview Questions
    • What would you die if a child died?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if the physician was draining pus from an abscess and it exploded all over you – all over your laptop, your hair, your face, even if it got in your mouth?   Answer Question

They weren't flexible on the training dates; I could either make them or be moved to "eligible" and wait for another job opening. Also, they pay minimum wage and the shifts are 10 hours long; you're expected to have night, weekend, and holiday availability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownstown, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist in June 2014.

I interviewed via webcam with a recruiter. The process didn't take longer than an hour. Just make sure you put on a nice shirt. The interviewing process was a bit intimidating for me, with this being my first webcam/skype interview. It was pre recorded and you get 2 tries for each question.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockbridge, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockbridge, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist in May 2014.

The interview was done over Skype but the lady was pleasant, she made me feel comfortable as it was my first time doing that type of interview. It was very professional and thorough for it be on skype.

Interview Questions
    We were unable to get that far. I was not given the position after all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownstown, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PhysAssist in April 2014.

Skype interview, takes about 30 minutes with a recruiter
    Ask questions about what they think being a scribe entails, the department you will work for, examples of times you had to lead, scenario related questions with difficult patients

No negotiation phase