Physio-Control Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

3.4

Materials Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

Sent in an on line application and received an email about 10 days later from HR representative to set up phone interview. Phone interview was generic. Had a follow-up interview with hiring manager in which this person seemed to point out all my weaknesses and I guess some interviews are going to be like that for a reason, but in this case their message was clear. Overall, a waste of time.

Marketing Segment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

I participated in an initial phone interview w/HR for 30 minutes. The next step was a 4-hour interview process that included a presentation on the value proposition of their product (20 minutes - 6 people present), then lead a 20 minute brainstorming session, and finally wrapped up with 5 x 1:1 interviews (30 miinutes each). The final step would have been a 1:1 interview with the CMO (I did not make it that far).

Interview Questions

• What company do you think is doing a good job of managing their brand right now? Why? What company is doing poorly?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Physio Control is a great place to work at I love company

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA).

Interview

This was for a contract position through Kelly Services

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard You first interview with the hiring Mgr than if he or she likes you they send you to corp. Once there its an additional five interviews ending with the V.P. of sales.

Interview Questions

• Experience and how to handle adversity   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward, I knew coming in the salary range, no surprises

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Had a phone screening/mini-interview with the HR recruiter. Next interview was in person with 3 team members (met with each separately). Someone in the same position I was applying for, a senior level teammate and the manager. Final interview was with the director and C-level. (Since my interview things have changed some for that team. It is now a panel interview instead of meeting with all 3 separately, and the C-level doesn't usually get involved anymore.)

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter then in-person interview a week after. I had 3 interviews in one day, one after the other. The first 2 interviews were 1 on 1 and were with potential business partners of your position (people not in your department). The third one was with the Manager and the Manager's boss. It was pretty tiring but were very good conversations. They wrapped it up with a tour of the facilities with the recruiter which was a really nice touch.

Technician Interview

Interview

The interview process seemed to be industry standard. There was phone interview first, and then the in-person interview/s. Questions were specific to the position and Interviewers were pleasant. The work environment seemed to be very pleasant. Following up with the interview was very responsive with responses within one day. Communication with recruiting employee was pleasant as well.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, met with 8 separate people over the course of three weeks. Interviewing was a good experience, however I was not extended an offer for several months after with no response from HR after inquiring what the status of the position was several times. Received a call out of the blue. Very odd.

Human Factors Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control in April 2013.

Interview

After applying online for this summer position, I was initially contacted by phone by an HR representative. He invited me for a phone interview with one of the internship committee members. The phone interview happened the next day and lasted around 30 minutes. A week later I was invited for an in-person interview onsite with four different people over two hours (30 minutes with each person). We scheduled my interview to be taken place two days later. I had to fill out three pages of paperwork (standard application materials) and take them to the interview. On the day of the onsite interview, I checked in with the front desk receptionist and waited in the lobby. A few minutes later I was greeted by my first interviewer, another employee from the internship committee, who took me up to a private interviewing room. He first asked how I found out about the opportunity, then asked me to tell him about myself. After a few other general interview questions I had the opportunity to ask him questions about the internship program itself. He told me more about how each intern gets their own mentor to guide them. Immediately after the first interviewer left, the next interviewer came into the room. This employee was to be my mentor. He asked me about my skills, experience, work ethic, and interests. I then had the opportunity to ask him more about himself, his position, his department, and the project I would be working on. After the second interviewer, my manager-to-be came in to the room. She came a little late, so I had a little less time with her and some extra time with my mentor-to-be. My manager-to-be asked me about my related experience, my design process, and how I think my course of study relates to the medical technology. I then got to ask her more about the company, its history, and its goals. My interview session ended with an informal interview with a past intern who turned into a full-time employee. She gave me a walking tour of the campus, which was very informative and helpful. Seems like most places don't give you a walking tour until AFTER you are hired, but having the tour during the interview is nice for the interviewee because it helps him/her decide if the company is a place they could really see his/herself working at. After the walking tour we sat down in the cafeteria, where she gave me a chance to ask any informal questions, questions that probably wouldn't have been appropriate to ask during the previous three interviews. For example, I asked her about her experience when she was an intern, the social events she got to attend, and the compensation she got as an intern.' Overall, the interview/hiring process was very good. Received the job offer a week after the interview, so the whole process took only about two weeks for me. This might have to do with the fact that I was the last person they interviewed for this position. The in-person interviews weren't intimidating at all; they were fairly conversational, since I wasn't asked to recite my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• The goal of the project for this internship was to design the "out-of-box experience" (packaging, instructional print materials, how the contents are laid out in the box, etc.) for one of their products in development. The most unexpected question was asked by my mentor-to-be (not verbatim): "Can you think of a product that had a memorable, unique, intuitive out-of-box experience?"   Answer Question