Pick N Save

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pick N Save.

I applied online and had an interview 2 days later. I first had an interview with a woman who had about 7 pages of questions she asked me. A lot of them were along the lines of "give me an example of a specific time when..." and it was difficult because I hadn't experienced some of the things she asked about. Some other questions were: What are some achievements you are proud of, What other extracurricular activities or volunteering have you done? Then there were a few yes or no questions about if you do drugs, have felonies, if you have done petty crimes and whatnot. That interview lasted about 35 minutes, which was much longer than I expected. After she was done interviewing me, she had the store manager interview me. I remember a few questions that were along the lines of: Why do you want to work at a grocery store, think of a time when times were rough at home and how you dealt with work or school at the same time (they want to be able to see that you can separate your outside of work life from work), what is something that you can improve on. His interview with me only lasted 5 minutes. Then he asked me if I had any questions for him.

As long as you present yourself in a friendly way and answer the questions the best you can, there is a good chance you will get it. Make sure you smile and make eye contact!

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a specific time when you had a deadline and you couldn't make that deadline. What did you to to fix the situation?

Give an example of a specific time when a customer has been mad at you.

What do you see yourself doing later in life?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pick N Save.

Had one interview. Process took about a month, interviewer told me I had the job and had me call back a few times after the interview and was then when he told me I didn't have the job anymore.

Bakery Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pewaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pewaukee, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Pick N Save in May 2014.

The first interview was over the phone. Then I had an interview with the HR person and then a third interview with the HR person and Bakery Manager together. After that I was finally offered the position and had to accept the job offer online and then there was a approximate 4 hour orientation that consist of sitting at a computer watching different types of videos.

Interview Questions
    If you are told you will be cross trained stay on them. It gives you a better chance of getting more hours. In my experience the bakery had a low budget and employees could not get many hour's it would have helped if they would have cross trained me as a cashier as discussed to pick up more hours.

Frozen/Dairy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pick N Save.

Easy Interview. Basic customer service questions like "What does good customer service mean to you?" and "Explain a time when you had a difficult customer." I had an interview with both the HR manager and store manager.

Interview Questions
    • None. If you have customer service experience, the questions are pretty standard.   Answer Question
    None. It was what it was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pick N Save in October 2013.

Oddly long interview - took about 2.5 hours.
    First they conduct a short phone interview where they asked about high school/school experiences (even though I am well past high school age), past work experiences, availability, and desired wage.
    Detailed questions about strengths, weaknesses, high school/school experiences, past work experiences, etc. Was interviewed by assistant manager and then separate interview with the store director.

Interview Questions
    • No really unexpected questions, but it seemed like they were asking every basic interview question I've ever been asked. I was really surprised how long the interview took.   Answer Question
    Not really able to negotiate wage because of union.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pick N Save.

Very simple, basic interview questions, meet with hiring manager then a simple meet and greet with another manager.

Interview Questions
    • None, almost no effort but into interviewing canidates.   Answer Question
    Ask what you would like to make. They always act as if you are asking too much no matter how much or little you ask for. Then corporate approves an amount around what you ask for.

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pick N Save in May 2012.

Applied online and received phone call a few days later, this consisted of a few questions(about 15 minutes). Asked to go into the store for in person interview a day later. Same basic questions are asked at this interview too.

Produce Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pick N Save in May 2012.

I applied online and was called a few days later to schedule a preliminary phone interview. In this interview, I was asked about availability and about customer service experience and skills. I then scheduled a one-on-one interview two weeks later. (I was out of town when I did the phone interview.) In this interview, I filled out a sheet describing my education and former employers and then discussed this with the store manager. The process was transparent but was not very organized. The store manager seemed hurried and distracted with other things. Moreover, she gave me a deadline when she would call and then failed to do so. So, I called back, and she gave me another deadline and then failed to call by then. Over a week later, she called with an offer, which I rejected.

Interview Questions
    • What influenced you the most your first year at college?   View Answer

I had already taken another job by the time I was contacted.

Bagger/Utility Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pick N Save in January 2012.

Crazy..... For getting a job as a bagger and cart pusher I had to partake in 3 interviews! Yes 3 interviews, you would have thought I would have been getting a job for head of security for the president considering I needed to consult to a full background check and 3 interviews. Anyways the 1st interview was a phone call with the SOM. 2nd interview was in in-person with SOM. And the 3rd interview was with the store director himself.

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable. Basically the SOM had a wage ($7.30) a;ready filled out on a piece of paper, she showed me and said this is what we can start you at.

Bakery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pick N Save in August 2011.

Applied at the in-store kiosk. Received a phone call from the human resources manager at the time, had a face-to-face interview with her following this phone interview. Was called back a few days later for a second interview with the store director who offered me the job I presently hold.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you helped someone solve a problem?   Answer Question