Pick 'n Pay Interview Questions

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pick 'n Pay in May 2013.

I found the ad in the newspaper and phoned in, i got an interview the same week. when i walked in every thing was excpetionally neat and tidy and had a very friendly environment.

Interview Questions
    • what would i do if i was faced with a problem that i couldnt handle.   View Answer
    He gave me the chance to describe my last package and added a bit more so the job would look appeasing.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodlands Extension (Zambia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodlands Extension (Zambia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pick 'n Pay in February 2010.

firstly there is advertising jobs in the newspapers, then there is the posting of application letters by applicants, then they contact the people who wrote satisfactory application letters who then write assessment tests and finally there is the physical interview.

Interview Questions
    • i will be honest i think most questions were standard, like why do you need this job and the like   Answer Question

Training Co-odinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pick 'n Pay in March 2008.

First process wasthe IQ test. Upon meeting the requirement of the IQ test proceeded with the panel interview on the next day. The culture of Pick 'n Pay ,its the company that looks after it's employees.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how would you handle situation where various task have to be completed in a specific period of time ?   Answer Question

It did not meet my remuneration expectations

Service Are Assistant-Fresh Produce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klerksdorp (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klerksdorp (South Africa)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pick 'n Pay in February 2008.

I was contacted via telephone and an interview was scheduled for me to attend.The interview was conducted by the HR Practitioner and the Manager of the specific department for the vacant position.The interview started off by formally introducing myself to the interviewers.I told them a little about myself,my background,etc.I was then asked questions about the specific job description for which I applied for.My experience,why I think I should be appointed for the position.The interview concluded and days later I was contacted via telephone to be notified that my interview has been successful and was appointed..My advice is to always be honest in an interview.Even though it may seem to count against you.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer slaps you in the face,would you still smile and act if nothing has happened.   View Answer

Trainee Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pick 'n Pay in January 2008.

A good reference and some basic retail qualifications will go a long way. Show that you are passionate about detail and people and just be yourself - do not be shy to brag a bit on your abilities. They want to see if you have leadership and can take pressure and all the tests are also directed to be pushing you against time. Make sure you study the given materials and come prepared when you need to write a test - they provide a basic numaracy test working on percentages mostly, so warm up on maths (not rocket science though). Have a look at their website and beliefs and always keep them in mind during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your character and abbilities.   View Answer