Picture Me Portrait Studios

www.pictureme.com

Picture Me Portrait Studios Interview Questions

1.7

MIT Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios.

You will be asked to do a phone interview which will be very casual. If you're a mother thats a plus but your schedule will vary so if your children are young have someone on call to babysit. The 2nd interview will be in person mines was very lax.

Interview Questions
    • Sell this pen (or whatever miscellaneous object is around)   Answer Question

Studio Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios.

Very easy, if you have ANY photography or sales experience. The company is desperate and because of poor management, will hire just about anyone. I was hired based entirely on my resume. There was no "interview" to speak of.

Interview Questions
    Ask for at least $1-$2 more per hour than you think you should. If you are applying for management, ask for at least $11.00 p. hour...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in October 2012.

I knew the hiring manager personally. I interviewed for a seasonal associate and got the job a week later. But then I was thrown into being manager after 4 days, I did not like that, and I still have to call her up and ask her questions everyday.

Interview Questions
    I knew her so there were no negotiations.

Studio Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in September 2012.

I put in the application online, got called about 2 weeks later. Once i got there the studio was kind of busy. My interview was at 11am. I didn't speak with the manager until 12:30pm. I was hired on the spot. She told me about the company and what I would be doing. We later did all my paperwork. My interview ended around 2pm.

none

MIT Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palestine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palestine, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in August 2012.

I filled out an application for the Manager in training position for this company after seeing it listed on snagajob.com. The day after I applied I got a call to come in for an interview for the MIT. When I get there the interviewer tells me that she was sorry that it was not for the MIT position and was just for a regular associate. I said okay you didnt have to lie though. She said she had to tell me that cause she knew it would get me in there because she had to get someone hired by the end of the week or she'd get in trouble. I told her that we just need to stop because I was not interested in $8/hr for less than 15 hrs/wk. She keeps going and tells me about their policies-and after everything she said it was "do it or your going to get in trouble." I stopped her again and told her that I was not interested and seemed to be too much 'trouble' for me, she still had the nerve to tell me she'd let me know at the end of the week if I got the job or not-I told her not to bother because I was not interested. She said talk to you later! What a rip off- do not lie to a potential employee to get an interview. Please this company is a joke-and if you don't follow their rules-you'll 'get in trouble'

The interviewer lied about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in June 2012.

online application, phone interview, in person interview, 1 week paid training

Studio Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in June 2012.

This interview process was nothing like I expected. It was quick and informal and she didn't ask the normal questions a great employer would. She gave me a worksheet and said cuss words a lot. We did the interview in the McDonald's in the Walmart.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a "difficult" or "unexpected" question. She was just brief and informal and asked about experience and said that everything can be taught so you could have no experience and be hired. Great first job but be sure to keep looking for others.   Answer Question
    The website for the job said the pay would be 10 dollars and up but she offered me 8 dollars and hour but I said I was looking for a bit more. She said "ok you will get paid more if you work here" and she put $8.25. Not a lot but it was an ok start.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in April 2012.

Applied online. Long, long, long survey. Got a call for an interview a few weeks after. Knew the manager personally so got the job pretty easily.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in September 2011.

I was walking through Wal-Mart and noticed PictureMe Portrait Studio was hiring. The woman on-duty told me they were hiring for a part-time 18-20 hours per week position.

Then the company requires you apply online. You fill out an application, upload your resume, and take a math test. The regional manager called me two days later and scheduled an interview with me.

The interview was conducted by two people: the regional manager and the studio manager. The interviewers were very friendly, engaging, hard-working women. I could also tell they were very interested in the bottom line. They had me "sell them" my cell phone on the spot. They had me get up and pretend to photograph a teddy bear (in place of a real baby). They explained to me the job is mostly sales: Walking around Walmart selling photo shoots to customers, calling people at home to book shoots, then selling big packages of photos to customers.

In the fall, they are only hiring seasonal employees. Then they will keep only a few of those employees after the holidays, when photo season is over.

I was offered the job, but decided not to take it. That's because the job only pays about $9 an hour about 20 hours a week, with no benefits. I figured I could find a better opportunity elsewhere in sales or photography.

Interview Questions
    • Take out your cell phone right now, and "sell it" to us.   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to sell by approaching people shopping at Wal-Mart and by calling them at home?   Answer Question

The pay was too low. No benefits. Only part-time work (about 20 hours weekly) is available to employees who aren't managers. The job is mostly a sales job, and I'd like to make more money if I'm going to be working in sales.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in June 2011.

Studio manager asked basic questions like can you read, do you know how to talk to people. No questions were asked about photography and when I asked about it the answer was, don't worry, well train you.

I was then sent to the district manager and asked questions about my personality. I was asked if I had ever been in management before and if I'd like to be a manager. I was assured it was the only way to get hours and would be trained if they felt I was worthy of the position after a few months. I was offered the position the day after my training to be an associate was finished.

Interview Questions
    There are no negotiations. A job offer is made or it isn't.