Picture Me Portrait Studios Interview Questions

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kalamazoo, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in June 2012.

online application, phone interview, in person interview, 1 week paid training

MIT Manager In Training Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios.

You will be asked to do a phone interview which will be very casual. If you're a mother thats a plus but your schedule will vary so if your children are young have someone on call to babysit. The 2nd interview will be in person mines was very lax.

Interview Questions
    • Sell this pen (or whatever miscellaneous object is around)   Answer Question

Studio Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios.

Very easy, if you have ANY photography or sales experience. The company is desperate and because of poor management, will hire just about anyone. I was hired based entirely on my resume. There was no "interview" to speak of.

Interview Questions
    Ask for at least $1-$2 more per hour than you think you should. If you are applying for management, ask for at least $11.00 p. hour...

Studio Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ames, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in June 2012.

This interview process was nothing like I expected. It was quick and informal and she didn't ask the normal questions a great employer would. She gave me a worksheet and said cuss words a lot. We did the interview in the McDonald's in the Walmart.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't a "difficult" or "unexpected" question. She was just brief and informal and asked about experience and said that everything can be taught so you could have no experience and be hired. Great first job but be sure to keep looking for others.   Answer Question
    The website for the job said the pay would be 10 dollars and up but she offered me 8 dollars and hour but I said I was looking for a bit more. She said "ok you will get paid more if you work here" and she put $8.25. Not a lot but it was an ok start.

Studio Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in September 2012.

I put in the application online, got called about 2 weeks later. Once i got there the studio was kind of busy. My interview was at 11am. I didn't speak with the manager until 12:30pm. I was hired on the spot. She told me about the company and what I would be doing. We later did all my paperwork. My interview ended around 2pm.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thomasville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in October 2012.

I knew the hiring manager personally. I interviewed for a seasonal associate and got the job a week later. But then I was thrown into being manager after 4 days, I did not like that, and I still have to call her up and ask her questions everyday.

Interview Questions
    I knew her so there were no negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Bend, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in April 2012.

Applied online. Long, long, long survey. Got a call for an interview a few weeks after. Knew the manager personally so got the job pretty easily.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Prairie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in January 2010.

Asked me to formally fill out an application then showed me the current ad and asked me to role play how I would tell the specials to a customer.

Interview Questions

They were not going to train me. I also heard from a booth mate that they were lazy and looking to hire someone to do the work while they chat on the phone.

MIT Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palestine, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palestine, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in August 2012.

I filled out an application for the Manager in training position for this company after seeing it listed on snagajob.com. The day after I applied I got a call to come in for an interview for the MIT. When I get there the interviewer tells me that she was sorry that it was not for the MIT position and was just for a regular associate. I said okay you didnt have to lie though. She said she had to tell me that cause she knew it would get me in there because she had to get someone hired by the end of the week or she'd get in trouble. I told her that we just need to stop because I was not interested in $8/hr for less than 15 hrs/wk. She keeps going and tells me about their policies-and after everything she said it was "do it or your going to get in trouble." I stopped her again and told her that I was not interested and seemed to be too much 'trouble' for me, she still had the nerve to tell me she'd let me know at the end of the week if I got the job or not-I told her not to bother because I was not interested. She said talk to you later! What a rip off- do not lie to a potential employee to get an interview. Please this company is a joke-and if you don't follow their rules-you'll 'get in trouble'

The interviewer lied about the position.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Central Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in March 2010.

I found the job listing posted on a job site. Part of the online application includes a math test, then you are put into a database. The information gets streamed to the district manager of the area and then forwarded to the site of application through email. The manager views the applicants score rated high medium or low as well as general info. The manager is to only interview high score apps but has been known to make exceptions based on need. (high turnover) After submitting my application it was about a week before hearing anything. I was called by the DM to interview that day and only a few hours heads up. I couldnt make it and she wasnt willing to allow any flexibility. I thought that was it. However, it must have been the same for the other applicants because two days later the Studio Manager called to set up an interview between me and the DM. The DM has a LARGE travel area and was suppose to be in town that day but missed the interview. The studio manager went over the printed list of questions, Short 2 pages. Most important question was do you like to work with kids and do you have any problems working with babies. The studio manager was delightful. But my first experiences with the DM was negative, After about another day or so i got a call that they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle and upset customer.   View Answer
    There was little room for negotiating i didnt take advantage of it like i should have mostly because where i live its so hard to get a job and this was a touch more then min wage. I have a degree and extensive customer service skills and photography experience. GET A HIGHER OFFER. They dont give raises which i thought they would. 2 people hired after me were offered more and were hired by the DM. Trust me they will over work you and under pay you, you might as well try to get more from the start.

Worked for Picture Me Portrait Studios? Contribute to the Community!