Picture Me Portrait Studios Photographer Interview Questions

1.2

Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios (Broken Arrow, OK) in June 2011.

Interview

Studio manager asked basic questions like can you read, do you know how to talk to people. No questions were asked about photography and when I asked about it the answer was, don't worry, well train you. I was then sent to the district manager and asked questions about my personality. I was asked if I had ever been in management before and if I'd like to be a manager. I was assured it was the only way to get hours and would be trained if they felt I was worthy of the position after a few months. I was offered the position the day after my training to be an associate was finished.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. A job offer is made or it isn't.

Other Interview Reviews for Picture Me Portrait Studios

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios (Carrollton, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

You'll have to work at various locations, some were over 60 miles away.

Anonymous Employee in Central Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios (Central Valley, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I found the job listing posted on a job site. Part of the online application includes a math test, then you are put into a database. The information gets streamed to the district manager of the area and then forwarded to the site of application through email. The manager views the applicants score rated high medium or low as well as general info. The manager is to only interview high score apps but has been known to make exceptions based on need. (high turnover) After submitting my application it was about a week before hearing anything. I was called by the DM to interview that day and only a few hours heads up. I couldnt make it and she wasnt willing to allow any flexibility. I thought that was it. However, it must have been the same for the other applicants because two days later the Studio Manager called to set up an interview between me and the DM. The DM has a LARGE travel area and was suppose to be in town that day but missed the interview. The studio manager went over the printed list of questions, Short 2 pages. Most important question was do you like to work with kids and do you have any problems working with babies. The studio manager was delightful. But my first experiences with the DM was negative, After about another day or so i got a call that they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle and upset customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little room for negotiating i didnt take advantage of it like i should have mostly because where i live its so hard to get a job and this was a touch more then min wage. I have a degree and extensive customer service skills and photography experience. GET A HIGHER OFFER. They dont give raises which i thought they would. 2 people hired after me were offered more and were hired by the DM. Trust me they will over work you and under pay you, you might as well try to get more from the start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios (Grand Prairie, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Asked me to formally fill out an application then showed me the current ad and asked me to role play how I would tell the specials to a customer.

Interview Questions

They were not going to train me. I also heard from a booth mate that they were lazy and looking to hire someone to do the work while they chat on the phone.

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in November 2010.

Interview

Received a phone call for a telephone interview. Came in for a one on one interview with the district manager. Was asked a variety of questions, some a little outside the box like "If you could invent any one product, what would it be and why?" Key questions were "How do you close on a sale" (you ALWAYS want to thank the customer) "What's more important: fast and friendly service or a good product?"

Interview Questions

• If I were to call your last boss, how would she/he describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay a little (I had photography and sales experience) Advice? It doesn't matter how good with kids you are, or if you took photography classes; this is a sales position and unless you're good, you won't get more right off the bat.

Photographer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Picture Me Portrait Studios in September 2009.

Interview

I had emailed the manager my resume and she asked about my sales experience, experience with photography and with children. It was pretty straightforward.